Anime/Manga -

Pinot Pierrot

The naive one, forever waiting.
kiwifarms.net

Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
A wonderfully-done anime that sadly got overshadowed by the likes of Made in Abyss and uh... Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. It's a shame too, since it plays like a 90's anime that somehow slipped into a time capsule and then polished up with crisp, modern animation techniques. Granted, that probably has something to do with it being a remake, but this one stands out on its own by adopting a breakneck pace that keeps the jokes firing at the rate of a machine gun, and yet retains all the charm.

Great for those wishing for a cute story while simultaneously wanting to see traditional JRPGs get ripped a new one.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was hooked from the start, but then again, I was on the hypetrain when it was first announced since it was a new studio's first TV series, and it looked a lot of fun. Had no regrets, easily in my top ten.

Mako is super precious. We don't deserve her, but she blessed us with her grace regardless.
The only dumb things we got out of the show was that Polygon article accusing it of glorifying slitting your wrist, people making a nontroversy about the scene in the open bath, and pairing arguments in regards to the last episode.

Hallstein995

kiwifarms.net
The only dumb things we got out of the show was that Polygon article accusing it of glorifying slitting your wrist, people making a nontroversy about the scene in the open bath, and pairing arguments in regards to the last episode.
Fortunately most people just see Kill la Kill as the Hyperviolent Soap Opera that it is. I had a girl in a class who was a lesbian and had a Ryuko sticker on her laptop, me and the other campus weebs just laughed at how absurd the idea that Ryuko had become a gay symbol was.

Reactions: Pinot Pierrot

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
So I'm rereading the Millenuim World arc from Yu-Gi-Oh for research on a 5e D&D campaign I'm planning.
I already have a few ideas such as but not limited to the end game boss being a Mummy Lord under the curse of an Epic Level Imprisonment spell and split into five pieces. I'm using the loose Yu-Gi-Oh card lore for a few recurring enemies and special items such as Jar of Greed just off the top of my head. Also kind of want to implement the Millenium items in some way without making it obvious what I'm referencing or overly Plot Device like. I might have them exist as mundane keys or something.

What do you think? Any advice?

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
Started Crows, which is about high school delinquents beating the shit out of each other and everyone else with a million sequels. Enjoying it so far.

Token Weeaboo

Honest people don't need to remember anything
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I seriously can't believe I've been putting of this dub for so long.
Oh man, the YuGiOh GX series is the blackest season of them all. Jayden is the only protagonist that could get away with saying "nigga".
I couldn't stand the dubbed the voice of the protagonist in Zexal though. YuGiOh dubs are a treasure we should all keep in our millennium boxes.

Reactions: Akumaten

Pinot Pierrot

The naive one, forever waiting.
kiwifarms.net
On the contrary, the man wants to make love to her. Affection seems to be a multiplier for how disastrous an outcome can get (a kiss on the cheek was enough to summon the aforementioned meteor), but they're still trying to figure the rules out. So far all the battles have been trying to scope out the extent of an enemy's superpower, sort of like stand battles or Nen abilities if everything was based on the "un-" prefix.

EDIT:
Time to see if Dawn of the Deep Soul will air in a theater near you.

Also, it turns out Hideo Kojima just tweeted praise for MiA, and Tsukushi responded in kind. A rare bonding moment between two fucking weirdos:
View attachment 1170433
A followup:

It's kind of cute. Staves a bit of the pain off from the MiA US release being cancelled due to Corona-chan.

It had to be on April 13th...

Spergichu

Oh wow, my own personal Hell
kiwifarms.net
Well after a two month hiatus, JoJolion 95 is out, translated, and everything is fucked.

Norisuke and the rest of the Higashikatas enter Jobin and Mitsuba's room asking what the hell is going on, Tsurugi is still folding up
Norisuke almost immediately notices the cell phone with Paisley Park floating in the toilet and runs to fish it out
Jobin tells him to put the phone back in the toilet and that this is necessary for the 'right path' the Higashikata's must take to win
As Yasuho is pleading to Norisuke not to flush the phone, we cut to her still lying outside and still missing an arm, as the Head Doctor watches on
Norisuke then notices the New Rokkaka plant in Jobin's closet, Jobin admits to growing it and says it's necessary for breaking the Curse and healing Tsurugi without the need of a sacrifice
Norisuke seemingly agrees with Jobin but then says he wants to be sure this is the 'right path' for them to walk after he notices something strange with the pot
He uses King Nothing to investigate the Rokakka plant and saw that Oujiuro had been handling the pot, and he knows that both him and Maako died three days prior
As he follows King Nothing's replay of Oujiuro's actions, he sees Yasuho lying outside on the verge of death
Before he can react, Jobin puts his hand on Norisuke's neck and uses Speed King to heat up his jugular until it bursts, killing him
Everyone watches on shock as Jobin, now hysterical, grabs Norisuke's body screaming, Tsurugi is almost completely folded up at this point
Mitsuba is holding Tsurugi and wondering how all of this could happen while Jobin threatens the other Higashikata's from intervening
Jobin then places Norisuke's body in a tarp (The one we saw in the flash forward a few chapters ago)
While Jobin was distracted, Joshu saves his waifu by kicking the phone towards an outlet that Paisley Park can jump into
We then cut to the Head Doctor silently leaving the Higashikata Estate and the chapter ends on Mitsuba lamenting that she brought the Head Doctor and his 'calamity' to the family

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Well after a two month hiatus, JoJolion 95 is out, translated, and everything is fucked.

Norisuke and the rest of the Higashikatas enter Jobin and Mitsuba's room asking what the hell is going on, Tsurugi is still folding up
Norisuke almost immediately notices the cell phone with Paisley Park floating in the toilet and runs to fish it out
Jobin tells him to put the phone back in the toilet and that this is necessary for the 'right path' the Higashikata's must take to win
As Yasuho is pleading to Norisuke not to flush the phone, we cut to her still lying outside and still missing an arm, as the Head Doctor watches on
Norisuke then notices the New Rokkaka plant in Jobin's closet, Jobin admits to growing it and says it's necessary for breaking the Curse and healing Tsurugi without the need of a sacrifice
Norisuke seemingly agrees with Jobin but then says he wants to be sure this is the 'right path' for them to walk after he notices something strange with the pot
He uses King Nothing to investigate the Rokakka plant and saw that Oujiuro had been handling the pot, and he knows that both him and Maako died three days prior
As he follows King Nothing's replay of Oujiuro's actions, he sees Yasuho lying outside on the verge of death
Before he can react, Jobin puts his hand on Norisuke's neck and uses Speed King to heat up his jugular until it bursts, killing him
Everyone watches on shock as Jobin, now hysterical, grabs Norisuke's body screaming, Tsurugi is almost completely folded up at this point
Mitsuba is holding Tsurugi and wondering how all of this could happen while Jobin threatens the other Higashikata's from intervening
Jobin then places Norisuke's body in a tarp (The one we saw in the flash forward a few chapters ago)
While Jobin was distracted, Joshu saves his waifu by kicking the phone towards an outlet that Paisley Park can jump into
We then cut to the Head Doctor silently leaving the Higashikata Estate and the chapter ends on Mitsuba lamenting that she brought the Head Doctor and his 'calamity' to the family
>Endless Calamity, part 1
oh boy here we go
>finish reading it
OH BOY HERE WE GO

Glad things are finally picking up. Jojolion has been pretty slow overall and there wasn't much indication that we were getting anywhere close to a conclusion. I forget sometimes that it's been going on for almost nine years at this point, and it has as many chapters as Steel Ball Run now (though SBR took less time to get there since it was still weekly for the first bit). I've been following it regularly since shortly after the first anime season wrapped, which got me hooked and led me to read the manga because I couldn't wait for the part 3 adaptation.

Still, holy shit things are actually happening finally. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. RIP Norisuke, you were too pure for this world.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Should I binge Bleach manga? Like, I can probably complete in at least 10 days at max. But as per people it gets shitty after some arc (I think it's called Fullbringer, It's around CH.480 I think)

Last edited:

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Should I binge Bleach manga?
Drinking bleach is unironically a better idea than reading the manga. Spend the free time Corona-chan gave you wisely by reading some actual good manga like Dorohedoro, Drifters or Ravages of Time.

If you must insist on a spirit/ghost themed shounen series, go for Yu Yu Hakusho instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Pinot Pierrot

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Drinking bleach is unironically a better idea than reading the manga. Spend the free time Corona-chan gave you wisely by reading some actual good manga like Dorohedoro, Drifters or Ravages of Time.

If you must insist on a spirit/ghost themed shounen series, go for Yu Yu Hakusho instead.
Dorohedoro is on my mangas to read list, I won't lie.

Reactions: Fougaro
Tags
None