Anime/Manga -

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OMG HIGURASHI'S COMING OUT THIS SUMMER AAEERHJG

Not a fan of the art style for the new Higurashi tbh. Hopefully it’ll be good.
Isn't that the Hou art-style? It's kinda odd coming off of Matsuri, really, but hopefully it'll contrast the horror well. That's the one thing that I think the first series managed to do well in spite of the poor production quality. The off-model moments made it creepier.

Thank God Yukari Tamura's still Rika. I thought she was retiring.

• Feels
Reactions: Kill all whales
Should I binge Bleach manga? Like, I can probably complete in at least 10 days at max. But as per people it gets shitty after some arc (I think it's called Fullbringer, It's around CH.480 I think)
No, If you are going to read something fucking awful at least Read Naruto, it is just as bad but at least it is bad in ways that make you laugh.

Edit : Or fuck Both Naruto and Bleach and if you are going to read something that falls apart half way through..read Toriko.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenomorphs Are Cute

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh....apparently the old Moomins cartoons I used to like as a toddler were actually animee the whole time.

Guess Imma have to scratch DBZ off as the shit that popped by weeb cherry now.

Also apparently Moomins are supposed to be *trolls* while I always assumed they were cows due to the Moo part of the title.

Today has been rather confusing

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh....apparently the old Moomins cartoons I used to like as a toddler were actually animee the whole time.

It's quite surprising how many older anime pass so easily as cartoons, but that might be because Moomins was originally animated by TMS Entertainment, basically the out-source studio for Western cartoons, though they collaborated enough for some to be considered anime (Mighty Orbots, anyone?). Not long afterwards, production went to Mushi Production, founded by Osamu Tezuka. So it being really cartoony was not unfounded.

EDIT: Well, the first two TV series were, anyway. The '90s version that was more widely distributed was a collab between Japan, Dutch, and Finnish though Telescreen.

EDIT 2: Wait what the fuck, I just found out that sexy beast Takehito Koyasu:
9927.jpg

was Snufkin in the '90s series?
320005.jpg

Bruh

Last edited:

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
kiwifarms.net
Dorohedoro is on my mangas to read list, I won't lie.
I'll give you a second recommendation for it. just don't binge it. The middle dragged on for me the first time I read it and after reading it the second time I realized how much good content I missed.

The show is pretty good as well, Someone at Clamp must love it considering how much they are putting into it.

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
It's quite surprising how many older anime pass so easily as cartoons, but that might be because Moomins was originally animated by TMS Entertainment, basically the out-source studio for Western cartoons, though they collaborated enough for some to be considered anime (Mighty Orbots, anyone?). Not long afterwards, production went to Mushi Production, founded by Osamu Tezuka. So it being really cartoony was not unfounded.

EDIT: Well, the first two TV series were, anyway. The '90s version that was more widely distributed was a collab between Japan, Dutch, and Finnish though Telescreen.

View attachment 1197865
View attachment 1197866
Bruh
He was also in Legend of the Blue Wolves. But I reccomend avoiding that because....well I can't imagine what the recording process was like for him. No wonder he used a pseudonym

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He was also in Legend of the Blue Wolves. But I reccomend avoiding that because....well I can't imagine what the recording process was like for him. No wonder he used a pseudonym
You're like five years too late, mate lmao. But it wasn't his first foray in hentai--he was in Fencer of Minerva as the main dude. Haven't watched it, though, maybe he grunted in that, too.

He was in the first Happy Science movie, though, as Hermes. Much lulz was had for like the first hour.

Reactions: jellycar

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1197865
View attachment 1197866
Bruh
Tove Jansson despised the TMS-animated episodes of the 1969 Moomin anime because they diverged so heavily from what the books were about - I can't recall any where Moomintroll had a sniper rifle and Snufkin had a car, for example.

So they took the license away from TMS and gave it to Mushi Pro, who did the rest of the show, but since she didn't like either of the earlier animes, you are never going to see those in the West. She was more active in the 1990 anime, and that's why it was dubbed.

Incidentally, the official Moomin YouTube account has been uploading the 90s series, so if any of you want something to binge watch while you're stuck at home...

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
kiwifarms.net

Also apparently Moomins are supposed to be *trolls* while I always assumed they were cows due to the Moo part of the title.

Today has been rather confusing
We can thank them for giving a lot of scandinavian children their first nightmares

Reactions: Judge Holden
Tags
None