Anime/Manga -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since people are panicking about it a lot lately, has Japan become truly woke yet? Manga and Anime wise I mean?
Closest thing for Japan being woke for manga and anime is just inserting a bunch of traps but it's just for the tropes.

Other than that, not really, and Uzaki-chan (big tittied lip-fanged kouhai that got Unseen Japan to get weirdly angry about it for a blood donation drive) anime is confirmed to be out soon.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Since people are panicking about it a lot lately, has Japan become truly woke yet? Manga and Anime wise I mean?
There was one recent anime that got BTFO'd rating wise, I think there is some trends (like a larger focus on emotional scenes) that anime is slowly taking from the west (though it might be me misremembering stuff).
The danger isn't with woke writers, but having the executives be replaced with pro woke crowd, but this is very unlikely.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
There was one recent anime that got BTFO'd rating wise, I think there is some trends (like a larger focus on emotional scenes) that anime is slowly taking from the west (though it might be me misremembering stuff).
The danger isn't with woke writers, but having the executives be replaced with pro woke crowd, but this is very unlikely.
I often worry about this a lot.
Just I really think wokeness in western media hasn't worked out at all, they just put exceptional shit in the plots to demonize the audience in an attempt to brainwash them.

Atatata

Wow! So cool!
kiwifarms.net
Not anything out of josei/shoujo , but that stuff has always been that way. The trap shit is really fucking annoying, but most of the time its not serious, and yuri/bl is very easy to avoid and don't usually get into that sort of talk much. I wouldn't worry for another couple of years. If anything, expect an early backlash.

Last edited:

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Not anything out of josei/shoujo, but that stuff has always been that way. The trap shit is really fucking annoying, but most of the time its not serious. I wouldn't worry for another couple of years. If anything, expect an early backlash.
The early backlash pretty much scaring them off from going down that route. Let's hope that's the case. The west isn't doing well with it and needs to move away from woke trash.

• Agree
Reactions: Atatata

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yuri/bl is very easy to avoid and don't usually get into that sort of talk much
Gay shit (as a genre, not always supporting characters in shows) in anime has almost always been unapologetically fetishized since it's easy fap fuel for weebs. Progressive gayness seemed to have only been a thing/got more widespread since the '90s thanks to Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena, but that's never been woke, and the only good trap series is Stop!! Hibari-kun (although it's implied he might actually be trans) for being a comedy poking fun of itself while still treating Hibari with respect. That's what separates it from a show like that piece of shit short Himegoto, as Hibari doesn't get molested every episode and crossdresses willingly.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Gay shit (as a genre, not always supporting characters in shows) in anime has almost always been unapologetically fetishized since it's easy fap fuel for weebs. Progressive gayness seemed to have only been a thing/got more widespread since the '90s thanks to Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena, but that's never been woke, and the only good trap series is Stop!! Hibari-kun (although it's implied he might actually be trans) for being a comedy poking fun of itself while still treating Hibari with respect. That's what separates it from a show like that piece of shit short Himegoto, as Hibari doesn't get molested every episode and crossdresses willingly.
Well the creator of Utena was quoted to saying this:

No. I'm still able to make a story where it's between a boy and a girl. But I feel irritated to see my girl getting together with some other guy. I've tried to kill off Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon many times. But no matter how many times I tried to kill him, he gets resurrected so I only get angrier. So I decided it would be way better if the girl just didn't have a boyfriend to begin with. Of course I'm just kidding. In reality, if I have a guy in the show, the love relationship gets to have a bigger role than the show. And that would be an interesting element, but I wouldn't want that to make that the scene-stealer of the show. Most other shoujo shows are in that direction. It's about who-and-who are getting together, or who-and-who are breaking up. I thought it would be a loss if that would be the big motif just because a girl was the main character. I think there could be more shows with other motives than that.

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well the creator of Utena was quoted to saying this:
Ikuhara's apparently a known flip-flopper or gives really outlandishly bizarre explanations, so who the fuck even knows what goes on in his head. But he's a huge fan of (or is fascinated by) lesbians to the point it's like a staple of his works, so you tell me.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Ikuhara's apparently a known flip-flopper or gives really outlandishly bizarre explanations, so who the fuck even knows what goes on in his head. But he's a huge fan of (or is fascinated by) lesbians to the point it's like a staple of his works, so you tell me.
He is also close friends with Hideaki Anno creator of Evangelion. Birds of a feather I guess.

Reactions: Kari Kamiya

Akumaten

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1191279

Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
A wonderfully-done anime that sadly got overshadowed by the likes of Made in Abyss and uh... Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. It's a shame too, since it plays like a 90's anime that somehow slipped into a time capsule and then polished up with crisp, modern animation techniques. Granted, that probably has something to do with it being a remake, but this one stands out on its own by adopting a breakneck pace that keeps the jokes firing at the rate of a machine gun, and yet retains all the charm.

Great for those wishing for a cute story while simultaneously wanting to see traditional JRPGs get ripped a new one.
You're GODDAMN right it was over shadowed! It even has a sequel manga going with Mahoujin GuruGuru 2.
I wouldn't mind a proper 50 episode run, but I like what we got.

While everyone liking Konomi Kohara for her Chika and Shamiko role, I loved her for her Kukuri role

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Closest thing for Japan being woke for manga and anime is just inserting a bunch of traps but it's just for the tropes.

Other than that, not really, and Uzaki-chan (big tittied lip-fanged kouhai that got Unseen Japan to get weirdly angry about it for a blood donation drive) anime is confirmed to be out soon.
Speaking of that balding cuck you think he’s worthy of a thread?

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is absolutely no good reason not to watch M.D. Geist.
View attachment 1202912

And if that didn't convince you, here are the high-test opening and ending songs.

Friendly reminder that this dude:
Jm3GiDn8BX6daNMINDhZuDe4pvTJNpviJExv_qH09kvErFH2c1U7l7-bB2V8gmPT_y0M-pM2z3vjASs920xIR5NTI-xtsv...jpg

loved M.D. Geist so much, he commissioned and produced the sequel and he was also the mascot of U.S. Manga Corps.
5afeb8e794b80c00279ef2d3.jpg

It's that historically insane.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I've always assumed that Central Park Media/U.S. Manga Corps used the M.D. Geist mecha as a mascot because the rights were cheap and, as such. they didn't have to pay a graphic designer to create an original mecha mascot design from scratch.

Tags
None