Anime/Manga -

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
There is absolutely no good reason not to watch M.D. Geist.
View attachment 1202912

And if that didn't convince you, here are the high-test opening and ending songs.

I didn't think it was anything that memorable, decently entertaining and cheesy, but the hype around it oversells it a bit.

Same deal with Mad Bull 34.

Now don't get me wrong, both of those are well worth watching, but people definitely oversell them.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always assumed that Central Park Media/U.S. Manga Corps used the M.D. Geist mecha as a mascot because the rights were cheap and, as such. they didn't have to pay a graphic designer to create an original mecha mascot design from scratch.
It's a possibility, but the boner John O'Donnell had for M.D. Geist really makes you think.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to Justin Sevakis, John O'Donnell was totally obsessed with M.D. Geist so it was more than just that.
Justin's a faggot, but until other ex-CPM employees talk about their own experiences (bonus points if they worked alongside John), he's the best we got. And I don't think he made anything up or overexaggerated CPM.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Justin's a faggot, but until other ex-CPM employees talk about their own experiences (bonus points if they worked alongside John), he's the best we got. And I don't think he made anything up or overexaggerated CPM.
He posted a lot of interesting stuff about his CPM days in his Buried Treasures/Buried Garbage article series and I think maybe Tales From The Industry.

Before they went full retard he and ANN actually did have some quality content back in the day, particularly House of 1000 Manga for example.

SwanDive

Skyburner
kiwifarms.net
Since people are panicking about it a lot lately, has Japan become truly woke yet? Manga and Anime wise I mean?
In my experience, the people who complain about Japan becoming "woke" are of the same level of intelligence as your average gamergate hanger-on. The type of people to be whipped into a frenzy at the slightest thing. I'd say it's best to pay them no heed.

Atatata

Wow! So cool!
kiwifarms.net
I dropped Hoshiai no Sora around the time when it started getting preachy about transgender shit but that sort of stuff still seems like a rarity.
That show sounded like it ended up a complete mess. With what the whole cherography plagarism thing and how it was supposed to have been 24 episodes, but it was slashed down to only 12.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
He posted a lot of interesting stuff about his CPM days in his Buried Treasures/Buried Garbage article series and I think maybe Tales From The Industry.

Before they went full retard he and ANN actually did have some quality content back in the day, particularly House of 1000 Manga for example.
Yeah, Justin talking about his expeiences in the industry and what it was like in the 90s and 2000s were fun reads, and occasionally Mike Toole also comes up with some decent column material. But otherwise their stuff is just as cucked as the Zac, Hope and co.'s stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Dom Cruise

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
Because I feel so nostalgic about ultra violent Khorne-approved old school anime, I want to remind the good people of Genocyber. It is fondly remembered as part of the holy trinity alongside M.D. Geist and Angel Cop in terms of balls to the wall unapologetic gore. Genocyber itself is basically more or less Elfen Lied, but not complete and utter shit. Not to mention the theme song is metal as fuck.

All+the+more+time+to+serve+chaos+_58961265c4c2aabebd3f9117fe8c4d8d.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I WANT YOU AND LOVE YOU FAIRY DREEEEEEAAAAAAMIIIIIIIING!

It's not just the ultraviolence, I can't put my finger on it but there is generally something magical about late-80s and 90s anime.

Last edited:

Cheetahman

kiwifarms.net

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently both the My Hero Acadamia and the Demon Slayer manga had some massive things happen in them. I don’t read Slayer, but I think four characters are dead and with Acadamia Twice seems to have died for real this time

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Because I feel so nostalgic about ultra violent Khorne-approved old school anime, I want to remind the good people of Genocyber. It is fondly remembered as part of the holy trinity alongside M.D. Geist and Angel Cop in terms of balls to the wall unapologetic gore. Genocyber itself is basically more or less Elfen Lied, but not complete and utter shit. Not to mention the theme song is metal as fuck.
I don't remember too much about Genocyber. Wasn't there some rudimentary CGI in there somewhere? Genocyber is, however, notable to me as having been the first anime I ever rented that was subtitled, back in spring 1994 when a local video store got in three or four anime VHS tapes from U.S. Manga Corps. The others, which were Project A-Ko (still one of my favourite anime films), Venus Wars, and possibly Peacock King Kujaku-Oh (not sure if that one was in the initial sampler or whether they got that one later on), were dubbed.

Tags
None