Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
trombonista said:
The Hunter said:
Currently laughing my ass off at how it's possible to make an anime about something as mundane as Beyblade. Either that, or it's because I'm listening to Motley Crue while watching a bunch of little anime boys freaking out over a bunch of spinning tops hitting each other with the TV on mute.

Oh my gosh, you watch that out of masochism too? :biggrin:

I don't understand how those spinning tops can even do those "special moves". Physics? What's that?
Nah, I don't really watch it at all. It comes on every morning, and I leave the TV on before bed to help me sleep and wake up on time. But yeah, it just looks so boring, I don't get how you could make an entire story out of it.
 

regularjohn

kiwifarms.net
Oh god that was around when I was into terrible anime. Im pretty sure fighting foodons was worse though

also, I have a list of shows Ive seen. Its in sig format.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
 

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shinsekai Yori ended. It actually had a really good ending, which is nice because to this day I'm still not sure if I like Psycho-Pass's ending, so it was nice to have at least one ending that was definitely good.

Having said that, Shinsekai Yori's ending wasn't what I expected it to be. I can't explain how without spoiling. All in all, a really good show.
 

JarlaxleBaenre

kiwifarms.net
The Hunter said:
Currently laughing my ass off at how it's possible to make an anime about something as mundane as Beyblade. Either that, or it's because I'm listening to Motley Crue while watching a bunch of little anime boys freaking out over a bunch of spinning tops hitting each other with the TV on mute.

Those tops are possessed by spirit dragons and such. :tomgirl:

I'm on season three of Slayers; its like a more streamlined Dragonball with a focus on sword and sorcery rather than martial arts. Berserk is still top-tier manga; its the only one that's managed to hold my attention. I'm on Volume 15, I think. Its the one where the Band of the Hawk start getting wiped out. :(
 

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
JarlaxleBaenre said:
Berserk is still top-tier manga; its the only one that's managed to hold my attention. I'm on Volume 15, I think. Its the one where the Band of the Hawk start getting wiped out. :(

Volume 12/13 :'( *has read the series (thus far) a bazillion times*
 

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
Want an awesome basketball manga that tops Slamdunk into the dust? Try Kuroko no Basket.
 

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Niachu said:
Latest episode of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, OH MAN, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT BECAUSE I WAS OUT OF TOWN. OMGOMGOMGOMG
 

Lil

Turt Protector
kiwifarms.net
Watched Madoka. Again.

Cried like. A BILLION times over. Again.

no regrets, just Homu-Homu feels ;;~;
 

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Fate Zero is where it's all at. It makes Death Note look like a coloring book. Do note that you'd probably want to take some BLOODY HISTORY LESSONS before getting into it. Since some of the characters are from history and legends.

Check out the review for it.

[youtube]M8I7a2RRrTE[/youtube]
 

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
Saito said:
Fate Zero is where it's all at. It makes Death Note look like a coloring book. Do note that you'd probably want to take some BLOODY HISTORY LESSONS before getting into it. Since some of the characters are from history and legends.

Check out the review for it.

[youtube]M8I7a2RRrTE[/youtube]

I'm a Fate series savant and I approve your statement.
 

DiscipleOfTheLie

Herb. Syrup. Pills
kiwifarms.net
I just got finished watching "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", "5 Centimeters Per Second", and "The Place Promised in Our Early Days". Damn... I'm depressed now.
 

Rio

Smug Elliot Page
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Saito said:
Fate Zero is where it's all at. It makes Death Note look like a coloring book. Do note that you'd probably want to take some BLOODY HISTORY LESSONS before getting into it. Since some of the characters are from history and legends.

Check out the review for it.

[youtube]M8I7a2RRrTE[/youtube]
Wasn't that written by Urobuchi? the same guy who did Psycho-Pass and Madoka? I love that guy's work. I've been wanting to check out Fate/Zero.
 

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
homerbeoulve said:
I'm a Fate series savant and I approve your statement.

Try getting into the Kara No Kyoukai series. It's interesting in a more "unique" way than Fate. Then there's Tsukihime. The Near Side Routes are kinda... bland with all the bad writing of smut. Though it shows more of the Nasuverse besides Magi and Servants. But the Far side routes (Kohaku and Hisui), makes Mirai Nikki look like a Children's Novel from my opinion (and from what I remember). At least Hisui's route.

Rio said:
Wasn't that written by Urobuchi? the same guy who did Psycho-Pass and Madoka? I love that guy's work. I've been wanting to check out Fate/Zero.

Yeah, Urobuchi wrote it. And Nasu accepted what's in Zero as canon since a lot of it fits with what is established.

As if all the guns Kiritsugu uses isn't obvious enough.

I can't wait for Fate H/A and Mahou Tsukai to be translated.
 

Kyu

kiwifarms.net
DiscipleOfTheLie said:
"5 Centimeters Per Second".

That's the only anime I've watched in which I stood silently and just smiled for a few seconds, kinda like the main character. I identified completely with him, and understood everything so perfectly. It was a precious moment.
I still watch the ending from time to time.

ALso, everyone, and I mean, everyone, should read oyasumi punpun.
It's one of the best things I've ever read.
 

Lil

Turt Protector
kiwifarms.net
vrD8MTd.png

feels on wheels feels on wheels feels on wheels
 

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Darky said:
Kaminas_signature_pose.gif

I've seen a few anime series (read no manga) but this is the only one I still get really enthusiastic about.
I saw 10 episodes, thought it was amazing, but never got a chance to finish it. :/
 

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday watching the entirety of Blood+ on Netflix. I've seen the whole series before, I just decided to see it again
 

Similar threads

Top