Anime/Manga -

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know that one big purchase you’ve always wanted to make but you never had the spare money to? Something you knew you’d never really have the money for but it was nice to imagine having it to spend on that one big thing? And then suddenly you have that money and while you’re now old enough to know you should save it, but god damn that thing is right there, just waiting for you to take it...

That is the current dilemma I am facing with the Complete Gurren Lagann Blu-Ray Box set. The one with the art book and parallel works and movies and everything? Fuck me, I’ve wanted that for forever.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
Just finished watching EVA and i desperately crave something similar. Any recommendations? Not the mecha thing but DEEP philosophical bible references thing.
I have yet to watch it myself (on my ptw list) but RahXephon might be worth checking out. I've seen a lot of people call it an eva rip-off but I think that's due to when it came out and how it looked.
Series also benefits from a really great OST with big names like Yoko Kanno, Maaya Sakamoto, and Steve Conte working together on some of it.

There's also Texhnolyze which deals a lot with exploring the human condition and related philosophical topics around the "end" of humanity's natural lifespan. Show isn't for everyone though, very slow and dense, does benefit a lot from rewatching. I probably need to give it a rewatch myself to figure out if it's one of the most depressingly nihilistic endings I've seen or a bittersweet yet hopeful ending around free will. It's been awhile.
You just reminded me of this series of screencap edits with this exact theme.
I love the amount of memes that came out of Franxx, some of it was really creative.
1526683456238.png
You know that one big purchase you’ve always wanted to make but you never had the spare money to? Something you knew you’d never really have the money for but it was nice to imagine having it to spend on that one big thing? And then suddenly you have that money and while you’re now old enough to know you should save it, but god damn that thing is right there, just waiting for you to take it...

That is the current dilemma I am facing with the Complete Gurren Lagann Blu-Ray Box set. The one with the art book and parallel works and movies and everything? Fuck me, I’ve wanted that for forever.
That's me looking at all the oop anime or manga releases I'd love to own but are ridiculously expensive. I recently looked into getting Heart of Thomas by Moto Haigo and it goes for close to 200.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
This got out of hand, but it really turned out to be a thought process on romance in fiction and author forced relationships. So it came out way longer than the plot of an anime. So I'm going to try and cut this down. Oh who the fuck am I kidding. Its one of my posts.

Initially I was relieved it didn't become a harem. I mean, I just finished it and the new season is coming out, so I don't have the bitterness the community does at what happens. So my perspective hasn't been allowed to fester. I've had some time to think it over and you're right.

I think Re:Zero faces the trouble a lot of authors face in romance with very super-loving female interests, who care about everyone around them, with almost Christ-like love (also male protagonists). The reason Emilia feels more distant is because she loves everybody around her and goes the distance for them, no matter who or what they are or how they treat her. The thing is, love is selfish. Its an inherently selfish emotion. You want a person to feel that emotion towards you, just you. You want to be special to them. You don't want to be the same special as everyone else. Its hard for the anime to make a case that there's enough emotional resonance between Emilia and Subaru that equals out the resonance between Rem and Subaru.
Like Rem outright states, "I wouldn't do this for anyone but you." That's love. Frankly, in the first season, most of the emotion we get is from Rem and Subaru. Both go through some pretty major character changes, while Emilia really stays static as a character. Its not really the fault of the character of Emilia as she isn't given enough consideration. We're never given enough for that character change we really need to see if we're supposed to buy into the concept. But then we're supposed to accept Subaru's declaration of love at literally the last five minutes of the series with Emelia basically being, "I don't know what this emotion is" and Subaru going "I'll make you fall in love with me." Which is, ironically, identically what happened to Rem, so I just don't see how Subaru goes untouched.
What you've basically done is create more emotion and chemistry because you needed drama, but still wanted the main love interest to remain mysterious and grow over further seasons/books/manga, so you added a substitute instead. Then, the chemistry becomes greater between the substitute and the protagonist to the exclusion of the main love interest to the point that its very, very noticeable by every reader and viewer. And then If your main goal is to have main love interest and protagonist end up together then:

When the shit Rem and Subaru go through, its kind of hard, like exceptionally so, to see how Subaru wouldn't fall in love with Rem. Its a really, really hard sell. I mean, her pulverizing his skull like twice when they first meet is a huge hurdle, but its also huge character development that's overshadowed. Like you said, not being attracted to someone is realistic, but Re:Zero goes WAY beyond that with Rem and Subaru.

I mean, fucking
this girl who doesn't really know what love is, kind of but doesn't really treat you special, doesn't really 'get' emotion very well, vs. this demon girl who went from hating you to being her hero, to the extent where she has been sadistically tortured and broken, crawls over to you on the floor with maybe the five bones she has left, and frees you, begging you to survive and confessing her love for you as she dies in your arms...that's just...I mean, emotion wise, there's NO fucking comparison with anything that happens with him and Emilia. You know Rem would always do this, even if you couldn't reset for her. You need some serious shit like that in the second season or Emilia and Subaru is a hard fucking sell. Like in terms of attractiveness, they're equal, but even if I was madly in love with one girl and another girl did that for me...kind of would have massive, massive fucking second thoughts. "If she were violently tortured, would she spend her last seconds freeing me, not wanting to save herself but for me to survive and save the people I care about because she loves me?" I mean, how does that shit NOT eat away at you? I honestly don't think the protagonist's love is strong enough to compare to that when it occurs in the anime.

To be quite honest, the author states Rem outgrew the role he had in mind organically for her. The problem is he needed to continue with that organic growth and he just really didn't. He realized the problem that, emotionally, character-wise, development wise and plot wise, the secondary character and protagonist simply, by nature of events, would be in love in comparison to interaction with that first character. It is VERY difficult for me to see, as a writer, the dramatic and emotional comparisons along with the character growth. I feel like the author wanted to have his cake and eat it too, and he just did not want to deal with the consequences.

The really, really obvious answer to me was to kill Rem and have her confess her love at her death. (I mean the other obvious answer is don't use a fucking substitute you idiot). Don't give it a chance to grow, don't give it a chance to compete, because its just not going to be able to with the material given. It sucks and is really fucking sad and a real downer in the story that sort of doesn't fit with the tone of it, has a cheap feel to it and will probably drastically impact the first part your story goes through. But if your end goal is Emilia x Subaru, you gotta crash this shit with no survivors. You can't let their relationship outpace the protagonist's. Instead, he made the mistake of letting it grow, then realizing his mistake, not really knowing what to do with it, then realizing that killing Rem off at this point would basically shut the main relationship down for at least half a season,
he went for the coward's way out. I don't see it as vengeful. I see it as an author who KNOWS he has massively fucked up but doesn't really know how to course correct. He doesn't like the idea of killing Rem off, because then he'd lose all of that development. So he uses a tactical nuke, makes her comatose and buries it for ten books so that Emilia's relationship can advance beyond Rem's without being a complete downer by just killing her. Though to equal out they're going to need to put Emilia through some tough and brutal scenarios.

At the end of the day, I think the romance between the two would have worked. Just friendzone Emilia and go 'I believe in your cause, but I love somebody else.' I mean, shit's worked before. Problem is, this is way less dramatic, will lead to less dramatic tension. And at the same time, having Subaru and Rem fall in love, but kill Rem, stalls out the main relationship drama for probably a long time. If it could ever believably recover.

And now you have a fanbase where they favor the side character over the main love interest. So uh, yeah. Now you have fucked up.
Honestly they should have gone the Zero no Tsukaima and had the main hero being literally mindwashed to love Emilia and want to protect her, it's a pretty genius way to justify the hero having a one sided crush on a character despite having far better willing alternative. Though with Rem's actions throughout the anime, the vast majority of men would have stayed with her out of sheer gratitude. Meanwhile Emilia just feels bland in both character and interaction. She's barely in the show yet Subaru has a ridiculous crush on her for no real logical reason.

I also don't really think it's correct to say ReZero doesn't do harem. Throughout the series Subaru encounters a ton of beautiful girls who end up having a good relationship with. It just doesn't really ever acknowledges that any one side is willing to pursue the relationship further (but the actual timeframe in the show is very small). ReZero in general is a show that doesn't really commit to the deconstructive ideas it presents - The best example is Subaru being frustrated at being a nobody only to do some ridiculous shonen shit a few episodes afterwards.

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
kiwifarms.net

I would have the exact same feeling if a complete box set of Legend of Galactic Heroes with subs were to become commercially available. On one hand, it's THE landmark OVA series and a cornerstone of sci-fi anime, on the other hand, I don't even have a DVD player or a TV...

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I might have to watch Darling and the Frankxx (...)
It's complete and utter garbage. (Re-)Watch The Ballad of Big Al instead.
Truth.png

Dorohedoro was really good, the problem I feel is that its going to need like 3-4 more seasons to just explore and since Anime seasons are like 5 years in the making, its going to be tough.
I highly recommend reading the manga if you haven't already done so.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly they should have gone the Zero no Tsukaima and had the main hero being literally mindwashed to love Emilia and want to protect her, it's a pretty genius way to justify the hero having a one sided crush on a character despite having far better willing alternative. Though with Rem's actions throughout the anime, the vast majority of men would have stayed with her out of sheer gratitude. Meanwhile Emilia just feels bland in both character and interaction. She's barely in the show yet Subaru has a ridiculous crush on her for no real logical reason.

I also don't really think it's correct to say ReZero doesn't do harem. Throughout the series Subaru encounters a ton of beautiful girls who end up having a good relationship with. It just doesn't really ever acknowledges that any one side is willing to pursue the relationship further (but the actual timeframe in the show is very small). ReZero in general is a show that doesn't really commit to the deconstructive ideas it presents - The best example is Subaru being frustrated at being a nobody only to do some ridiculous shonen shit a few episodes afterwards.
I've only watched the anime, but it'd be a nice twist if that was the case, where someone who wanted Emilia alive basically cursed him with this. But honestly, I've thought on it more and the show seriously disrespects Rem. I don't think its gratitude, I mean its devoted. Its really hard to find a woman THAT devoted to you, where you have knowledge of some impossible shit that you normally would have no knowledge of.

Well, do they want to fuck him and be with him? That's really the grounds for harem IMO. If he just has good relationships with women, but they don't want to fuck him, its not really harem. Because a trademark of harem is "I want to ride that dick" for every female character. Which didn't seem to be the case (I know the timeframe is small).

I know it appears on the outset its a deconstruction, but with his ability you just can't. Its FAR too powerful. He is OP as FUCK. He has the ability to determine the future and change it. Yes, he has to die, but it honestly isn't that much of a drawback. For some pain and suffering he can alter reality as he sees fit. The disconnect lies between how Subaru sees himself and his actual abilities. He WANTS everyone to know he's fucking amazing. But he can't, so he bemoans he's worthless. He has functional precognition and the ability to surprise attack every single enemy he comes across and learn things that would normally be impossible. He can know the character and loyalty of everyone he comes across, he can destroy his enemies before they even touch him (without them even knowing how). That's how we know just how devoted Rem is to him.

His ability to loop time by him dying is just too insane. The show has to make him stupider and a massive pussy just so he can't grasp just how devastating he really is. Like when he completely embarrasses himself at the castle (and basically removes Emilia from the show), it doesn't even occur to him. "I really fucked this up with the girl I love. I'mma gonna wait till she leaves and then slit my throat and do it right." That's the FIRST thing that occurred to me to do. But because our protagonist is an idiot pussy, he doesn't bother.

Here's a situation that could possibly happen (it doesn't in the show):
"Shit, there was a political outcome I didn't expect and it ruined my lover's life. Time to slit my throat!"
*goes back 3 days, finds out all the information on all her political rivals.*
*Kills himself again.*
*Uses already acquired knowledge to blackmail most of them. But wait! Secret benefactor revealed!*
*Kills himself again*
*Finds secret benefactor, ruins his life, ruins the lives of all political collaborators and destroys any opposition*
"Subaru? Why are you so amazing?!"
*cries* "I'm not, I'm just so shit because I can't make mountain go boom with laser eyes."

I mean seriously, that's 12 days he has in total, for free, of compounding information with just like, a minute of pain and terror at most. He could topple governments with it. Its only because Subaru is selfish and desires visible power, isn't portrayed as smart and really doesn't grasp at the depth of his abilities (he only really does because his enemies keep killing him) does the show trick you into it being a deconstruction. It really, really isn't. The ability he has is fucking insane. Knowledge is power. Precognition and compounding information...there's no telling what you could do.

So I think the idea of Re:Zero being a deconstruction is wrong. It's a slight of hand. It only looks that way because the protagonist has a TON of flaws it tries to mask his ability with. And eventually, you can't keep him as an idiot forever. If you had a moderately intelligent, humble protagonist the show would be criticized for being a power fantasy with the amount of havoc that dude could wreak.

It's complete and utter garbage. (Re-)Watch The Ballad of Big Al instead.
View attachment 1309951

I highly recommend reading the manga if you haven't already done so.
That meme is fucking devastating, holy shit. Well, looking for another series to binge I guess. I'm not really a giant mecha anime fan typically (though I really like Cross Ange and I basically grew up with Macross. I cannot fucking stand Eva. I think its incomprehensible, pretentious trash).

I just might. Typically, I don't pick up a manga when an anime is running UNLESS I know the anime is from like 2016 and has one season. OR it is going to be cancelled. And as a rule, I typically don't read ongoing Manga series because I'm too impatient (I know the manga is complete though for Doro). But I probably will, because its going to be like 10 fucking years before than anime is finished at this point it. I might also read Gleipnir and break my rule since its ongoing, but I feel like the manga will be more intense than the anime.

I've only recently bought one LN series and I generally don't read them. But the show was in 2019 and didn't seem popular enough, but I found the concept and world-building really cute so I just went 'fuck it'.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
That meme is fucking devastating, holy shit. Well, looking for another series to binge I guess. I'm not really a giant mecha anime fan typically (though I really like Cross Ange and I basically grew up with Macross. I cannot fucking stand Eva. I think its incomprehensible, pretentious trash).

I just might. Typically, I don't pick up a manga when an anime is running UNLESS I know the anime is from like 2016 and has one season. OR it is going to be cancelled. And as a rule, I typically don't read ongoing Manga series because I'm too impatient (I know the manga is complete though for Doro). But I probably will, because its going to be like 10 fucking years before than anime is finished at this point it. I might also read Gleipnir and break my rule since its ongoing, but I feel like the manga will be more intense than the anime.

I've only recently bought one LN series and I generally don't read them. But the show was in 2019 and didn't seem popular enough, but I found the concept and world-building really cute so I just went 'fuck it'.
Cross Ange was enjoyable shlock and anyone who says that Hilda isn't the best girl is objectively wrong and a complete and unironic faggot! Though Ange herself is, especially later, a very close second and an outright chad herself. While I'm disappointed that the BD didn't include any nips, the show gave us this timeless gem.
07945fab3cbf1c575cab6970168d63ba.jpg

I usually dislike the mecha genre as I think it's either lame or cringe, even by shounen anime standards. G Gundam however was not just an exception, but one of the most amazing shit I've ever seen. And Symphogay Symphogear was enjoyable too, if you consider it a mecha. Notable exceptions aside, for most part the memes are the only good thing to come out of the mecha genre in my opinion. Edit: And of course Martian Successor Nadesico was pure kino.

As for Dorohedoro, again I recommend reading the manga. The anime is going to make a lot more sense in retrospect and you'd be surprised how many spoilers are hidden in the opening.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would have the exact same feeling if a complete box set of Legend of Galactic Heroes with subs were to become commercially available. On one hand, it's THE landmark OVA series and a cornerstone of sci-fi anime, on the other hand, I don't even have a DVD player or a TV...
For the time being (if you weren't aware) you can stream it on HIDIVE. Or have a thousand bucks to spare...

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I've only watched the anime, but it'd be a nice twist if that was the case, where someone who wanted Emilia alive basically cursed him with this. But honestly, I've thought on it more and the show seriously disrespects Rem. I don't think its gratitude, I mean its devoted. Its really hard to find a woman THAT devoted to you, where you have knowledge of some impossible shit that you normally would have no knowledge of.

Well, do they want to fuck him and be with him? That's really the grounds for harem IMO. If he just has good relationships with women, but they don't want to fuck him, its not really harem. Because a trademark of harem is "I want to ride that dick" for every female character. Which didn't seem to be the case (I know the timeframe is small).

I know it appears on the outset its a deconstruction, but with his ability you just can't. Its FAR too powerful. He is OP as FUCK. He has the ability to determine the future and change it. Yes, he has to die, but it honestly isn't that much of a drawback. For some pain and suffering he can alter reality as he sees fit. The disconnect lies between how Subaru sees himself and his actual abilities. He WANTS everyone to know he's fucking amazing. But he can't, so he bemoans he's worthless. He has functional precognition and the ability to surprise attack every single enemy he comes across and learn things that would normally be impossible. He can know the character and loyalty of everyone he comes across, he can destroy his enemies before they even touch him (without them even knowing how). That's how we know just how devoted Rem is to him.

His ability to loop time by him dying is just too insane. The show has to make him stupider and a massive pussy just so he can't grasp just how devastating he really is. Like when he completely embarrasses himself at the castle (and basically removes Emilia from the show), it doesn't even occur to him. "I really fucked this up with the girl I love. I'mma gonna wait till she leaves and then slit my throat and do it right." That's the FIRST thing that occurred to me to do. But because our protagonist is an idiot pussy, he doesn't bother.

Here's a situation that could possibly happen (it doesn't in the show):
"Shit, there was a political outcome I didn't expect and it ruined my lover's life. Time to slit my throat!"
*goes back 3 days, finds out all the information on all her political rivals.*
*Kills himself again.*
*Uses already acquired knowledge to blackmail most of them. But wait! Secret benefactor revealed!*
*Kills himself again*
*Finds secret benefactor, ruins his life, ruins the lives of all political collaborators and destroys any opposition*
"Subaru? Why are you so amazing?!"
*cries* "I'm not, I'm just so shit because I can't make mountain go boom with laser eyes."

I mean seriously, that's 12 days he has in total, for free, of compounding information with just like, a minute of pain and terror at most. He could topple governments with it. Its only because Subaru is selfish and desires visible power, isn't portrayed as smart and really doesn't grasp at the depth of his abilities (he only really does because his enemies keep killing him) does the show trick you into it being a deconstruction. It really, really isn't. The ability he has is fucking insane. Knowledge is power. Precognition and compounding information...there's no telling what you could do.

So I think the idea of Re:Zero being a deconstruction is wrong. It's a slight of hand. It only looks that way because the protagonist has a TON of flaws it tries to mask his ability with. And eventually, you can't keep him as an idiot forever. If you had a moderately intelligent, humble protagonist the show would be criticized for being a power fantasy with the amount of havoc that dude could wreak.
If Subaru ever tried to go with any of the other princesses he wouldn't have a hard time, plus there's apperantly a character that Subaru sees whenever he dies that didn't make the cut, and is definitely a potential girl.

Also yeah, the ability is OP but the anime implies that dying insanely hurts so weaponizing it can have hard mental effects (not to mention there seems to be an implication that the ability itself has more consequences than simply reseting the timeline). And it's probably way too risky to try to try to become a big player if you can accidently lock yourself in a bad ending (especially as the trigger for the new save slot is still unknown). Subaru can have all the information he needs but in the end of the day he needs physical evidence and nearly everyone else can beat hin on a one-on-one, so it's not that useful unless he can get himself firepower to avoid being immediately eviscerated and spies to collect important documents.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
You can get portable DVD players for dirt cheap these days, usually ~$50 at Walmart and I haven't even checked what the prices are like with deep online discounts. Or get an external DVD-Rom drive for whatever device you're reading this forum on (okay, unless it's a phone, I suppose).

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God, what were they thinking with that box design, bet it's just flimsy cardboard too. Looking at the different styles that Japan has gotten over the years any of them would have been better.
Don't know about the material, but it does look like a big box, and the inside looks like this which is why it's bulky:
Screen shot 2020-05-21 at 2.50.19 PM.png

Inside the lip:
Screen shot 2020-05-21 at 3.00.44 PM.png

The price is the most ridiculous thing about it, that was the first and (far as I know only) biggest complaint made about it next to the 1,000 limited copies, and it might've been the production company's idea. Though apparently those who did shell out the cash for it were happy with it, but I don't know of any good unboxing channels to showcase, the ones I found were stammering throughout the reviews.

Reactions: Moguro Fukuzou

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cross Ange was enjoyable shlock and anyone who says that Hilda isn't the best girl is objectively wrong and a complete and unironic faggot! Though Ange herself is, especially later, a very close second and an outright chad herself. While I'm disappointed that the BD didn't include any nips, the show gave us this timeless gem.
View attachment 1310020

I usually dislike the mecha genre as I think it's either lame or cringe, even by shounen anime standards. G Gundam however was not just an exception, but one of the most amazing shit I've ever seen. And Symphogay Symphogear was enjoyable too, if you consider it a mecha. Notable exceptions aside, for most part the memes are the only good thing to come out of the mecha genre in my opinion. Edit: And of course Martian Successor Nadesico was pure kino.

As for Dorohedoro, again I recommend reading the manga. The anime is going to make a lot more sense in retrospect and you'd be surprised how many spoilers are hidden in the opening.
That's what I dislike about the uncensored version (no nipples is really weird looking) but yeah, Ange was a boss. The best part about that scene is afterwards she's like, "Welp, all you niggas can die for all I care." I think its just fucking amazing. People ask her later on: "But what about those people, don't you care about what's going to happen to them?" Literally: "Nope, fuck all them niggas." She has literally no interest in helping or saving a single one of them and it is great.

I have to add those to my watch list and I'm going to read Dorohedoro for sure.

If Subaru ever tried to go with any of the other princesses he wouldn't have a hard time, plus there's apperantly a character that Subaru sees whenever he dies that didn't make the cut, and is definitely a potential girl.

Also yeah, the ability is OP but the anime implies that dying insanely hurts so weaponizing it can have hard mental effects (not to mention there seems to be an implication that the ability itself has more consequences than simply reseting the timeline). And it's probably way too risky to try to try to become a big player if you can accidently lock yourself in a bad ending (especially as the trigger for the new save slot is still unknown). Subaru can have all the information he needs but in the end of the day he needs physical evidence and nearly everyone else can beat hin on a one-on-one, so it's not that useful unless he can get himself firepower to avoid being immediately eviscerated and spies to collect important documents.
Pain is subjective, but still, he's getting murked a LOT anyway in pretty goddamn terrible, painful ways. Remember, there's that one time he just falls asleep and then wakes up without any pain because a curse killed him without him realizing it. So it isn't established that dying hurts a lot. All it really establishes is Subaru can go OD on sleeping pills and die without any pain. When he wakes up, even he doesn't realize he died for a few minutes and is extraordinarily confused. So it doesn't have super painful effects. He mind breaks in the series not because of dying but because he sees everyone he cares about die MANY MANY times in a row and has NO IDEA what to do about it. Which is what makes him want to just fuck off with Rem.

I'm not saying he needs to be a big player. But all he does is need to be cogent about his reaction speed and when to do it. The trigger itself seems to at least be 3 days or so. If you notice in the anime, he goes back 3 days very consistently. So it isn't an overnight thing at all, and if you time it properly you can basically guarantee your checkpoint. Still, with a three day lead, you have to be a real fuck-up to guarantee a bad end.

To be fair, he doesn't really need physical evidence. All he had when fighting the white whale was a picture and even that didn't convince anyone. What did was the lie-detector lady. Just drag her along everywhere. All he really needs to do is get a few people to trust him a lot (which is pretty fucking easy to do when you can time travel). So eventually you're not even going to need evidence. Yeah, he can be beaten in a one-on-one, but when you can time loop, who cares. You've got multiple days to build allies and plenty of time to get information you need.

I mean, yeah the skill is obviously nefarious but he does literally everything to provoke it. And so far so good with it. Its basically given to him by an evil God. Evil forces don't generally just give things to people out of the goodness of their heart. Not to mention the witch clearly wants him alive for some reason, so wouldn't just go, 'ah, you know, I didn't tell him the rules so whatever. He dies forever' The only time the Witch 'tells' him is when he tries to tell other people and she grabs his heart like 'Don't do that'. So its quite clear if he was pushing it with the skill, she'd give him some other warning. Logically, he hasn't figured out the checkpoint conditions. That's about it. But if he dies one time, he knows where he starts back off. Dude should be counting days and hours after every time he dies and resets, which he doesn't (because he's not smart) so that's his own fault. But to me, it seems on a pretty steady 3 day clock. That and its provided by something supremely evil but its already been established that it will set boundaries for him, there's little worry if he's going to over step them without any sort of hint or warning. Not to mention said supreme evil doesn't have any current way to effect the world and doesn't seem to want to take over his mind or is clear if they even can or want to. It isn't like its stealing his soul or having any visible effect on the world around him at all, other than the changes he dictates. It is basically given to him to be used.

The only real problem is the checkpoint one, which he has paid very little attention investigating.

Safir

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're not prepared to eat ramen for a couple years, what kind of fan are you even? Pfft.

500 units worldwide
headimg.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

10012323.jpg

1_ea32d74c-eb04-4548-8cf6-eed959bc49e3_1024x1024.jpeg

60000 yen on yahoo auctions
i-img600x450-1588986415bpofsq883.jpg

m50708321453_5.jpgm93719275519_4.jpgm58851265745_5.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

2020.03.21-15_25_28_1024x1024 (1).jpg

Trombonista

Uh-oh. Buckle up, bitch.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finished Beelzebub last night. What a great show. I wish they covered the rest of the manga. Apparently Beel has a little sister.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I like the "Japanese" Sailor Moon Redraw picture (both blonde version and black-haired version) a lot. I don't really understand the fuss, it's not like it erases the original manga and anime versions nor do I think the message is that "this is how Naoko Takeuchi and original first season anime character designer Kazuko Tadano should have drawn Usagi". The "Japanese" Sailor Moon is just an interesting variation and that is that.

Tags
None