Anime/Manga -

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The controversy over the story doesn’t start until after the stuff covered by the anime so far. The three existing seasons have all been fairly well received, so really it’s your call to decide if you want to get invested in a show that’s currently pretty good but may or may not have a complete disaster of an ending.
He's right, it peaks at the current season with a twist that In my opinion ruins things.

Or worse, they pull a Tokyo Ghoul.
AoT the manga right now is a fucking absolute and utter shit show that is completely unsalvagable, made worse by the fact that AoT the anime is 4 years behind the manga right now and its on its last season. And the manga still isn't done.

It has to cram 4+ years worth of manga into a single season. There's no fucking way that gets pulled off elegantly.

EDIT:
I did try watching Tokyo Ghoul. Season 1 was ok. I stopped immediately after the protagonist joined the group that tortured him and decided to read the manga instead.

Reactions: Mexican_Wizard_711

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
finally decided to watch the main universal century gundam series. currently in the start of zeta gundam.

[ZetaRebel] Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 09 - A New Bond (BD x264 1080p DTS).mkv_snapshot_09.37_[...jpg

that about sums up my experience with gundam protagonists. that's not even a criticism either. amuro and kamille are entertaining little weirdos. watching amuro freak out and slaughter an entire platoon of soldiers to blaring happy disco music is one hell of an experience. kamille spends the whole first episode starting fist fights with armed soldiers for no reason and gets arrested, then when they release him he beats up the guy letting him go and gets arrested AGAIN. I also love how much people slap each other in these old gundam shows. no fucks given adults slapping children men slapping women. you dodge a slap you get PUNCHED.

gundam slaps.jpg

it's how these people communicate

Atomsk

Pirate King
kiwifarms.net
finally decided to watch the main universal century gundam series. currently in the start of zeta gundam.

View attachment 1416783

that about sums up my experience with gundam protagonists. that's not even a criticism either. amuro and kamille are entertaining little weirdos. watching amuro freak out and slaughter an entire platoon of soldiers to blaring happy disco music is one hell of an experience. kamille spends the whole first episode starting fist fights with armed soldiers for no reason and gets arrested, then when they release him he beats up the guy letting him go and gets arrested AGAIN. I also love how much people slap each other in these old gundam shows. no fucks given adults slapping children men slapping women. you dodge a slap you get PUNCHED.

View attachment 1416826

I watched like 10 eps of Zeta before dropping it to explore alternate timelines, it was really dry but I'll come back to eventually. I'd actually recommend you watch The Origin (OVA version) after the original Gundam but since you already started Zeta, you should probably watch it afterwards. Also, if you get bored and wanna take a break from Zeta then there's a lot of really interesting, self-contained and shorter OVA's that also take place in the UC worth watching.

If you think the slapping is bad then just keep watching Zeta, there's a scene where some dude just straight beats the shit out of Kamille to the point of him passing out then when he wakes up, everyone tells him that he fucking deserved it.

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
I watched like 10 eps of Zeta before dropping it to explore alternate timelines, it was really dry but I'll come back to eventually. I'd actually recommend you watch The Origin (OVA version) after the original Gundam but since you already started Zeta, you should probably watch it afterwards. Also, if you get bored and wanna take a break from Zeta then there's a lot of really interesting, self-contained and shorter OVA's that also take place in the UC worth watching.

If you think the slapping is bad then just keep watching Zeta, there's a scene where some dude just straight beats the shit out of Kamille to the point of him passing out then when he wakes up, everyone tells him that he fucking deserved it.
The two things I loved about Zeta, Emma bitch slapping everyone to the point of Capt. Bright, inventor of the Bright Slap, thinking she went too far and that time Kamille was asked if he thought about the people he killed, to which he replies "All the time" and goes right back to killing. He may have been an autist, but Kamille understood that when people are trying to kill you, you kill them first.

Last edited:

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net

that scene was gold. "lol that's just how we do things in the military" "but that guy wasn't even in the military!" "yeah but he gives us money".

as for the ovas, half the reason I'm watching this is to have the context for Stardust Memory and War in the Pocket. the animation and mech designs look spectacular. the only other side series I'm aware of is 8th MS Team. that one I have seen, really enjoyed it.

Tism the Return

EI EI OH!
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1416783

View attachment 1416826

The first two Zeta episodes are great to show to your friends without context. Kamille laughing like a psychopath while piloting the MKII is golden entertainment.

• Feels
Reactions: Draza

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Well, now that the few shows I was watching this season have wrapped, quick thoughts on what I watched.

It's hard for me to pick an actual favorite out of the shows I watched, since I like each of them for different reasons. If I had to, I think I'd pick Nami yo Kiitekure (Wave, Listen to Me!). It had an interesting premise, an outstanding cast of characters, and hilarious writing throughout. It also packed enough of a dramatic punch to keep me invested in everyone's story, with Minare being a great protagonist tying it all together. Some of the dialogue is very rapid fire, so if you're not a speed reader, be prepared to hit the pause button a few times.

Gleipnir was weird in a good way, and I still hold a sneaking suspicion that the author has a bizarre fetish he's incorporating in his work. Regardless, it managed to suck me in with the mystery surrounding Shuichi, Clair, and the other characters. The animation was stellar, especially the fight scene in the final episode. I also liked the line about Shuichi realizing he's not the protagonist of his own story, and I'm curious to see how that plays out. Something of an abrupt end, but hopefully it gets another season to continue the story. Might check out the manga.

Gal and Dino was hilarious for the half-season it was running. An utterly bizarre premise that manages to work surprisingly well, and it had me laughing constantly throughout. Any face Dino makes is guaranteed to crack me up. The live-action bits were good too, I really liked the Dino suit they used for those. Shame that it got delayed due to the Wu Flu, but hopefully they'll be able to finish and air the remaining episodes soon.

And now that Plunderer is actually over, man, what a trip. I already talked about it before at the end of last season, but it kept managing to surprise me throughout its run. What I thought would just be a goofy fanservice fantasy anime turned out to be...well, that, but with considerably more twists along the way. It reached a decent stopping point for a first season, even throwing in a couple last-minute twists at the end, so hopefully it also gets another season later on. I'll also say that the animation improved somewhat as the series progressed; it was a little janky early on, but they seemed to get into the groove as it went on. So long as you don't mind a sizable amount of tonal whiplash, it's a fun series to watch.

Next season's looking pretty sparse, but I'm currently looking at Deca-Dence and Gibiate to watch.

albertbrown26

THEODORE ROOSEVELT DID NOTHING WRONG
kiwifarms.net
224FAE69-5C8B-41C0-9E41-854446EE96E5.jpeg

Fun fact: I’m not sure what month it was, but I think for me today marks just a few years back (mainly the 2016-17 season) when I picked up this manga about this adorable green-haired girl, and it helped me get back on my feet when it came to getting back into watching anime.

Fast forward almost four years later, I’ve been reading about her and looking up pictures on her on Zerochan ever since. Now, it makes me want to buy all 14 volumes of her manga, mainly as a reminder to thank Kiyohoko Azuma (and some others at the time) for introducing me to this wonderful girl.

I hope you all think the same way about them both as I do :pinetar:

Anime to recommend to someone who isn't into anime?

Asking for a friend.
I know I’m almost a few days late, but for me, you should have that person watch either SKET Dance, Gintama or Fairy Tail. If he or she is not a sub fan, the latter’s dubbed version will probably get him to watch more of it.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1416783

View attachment 1416826

Yeah something tells me Tomino's got issues to say the least.

Speaking of Gundam I have very mixed feelings regarding SEED I think the first 30ish episodes are pretty good barring the cuck love triangle involving the protag but I think it goes downhill after Kira gets the Freedom * which is sad because the Freedom is cool as shit *, his no killing thing is fucking retarded since Athrun,Cagalli * hypocrite btw * and Mu fucking slaughter everyone they come across. And Destiny practically becomes unbearable after Shinn yeets the Freedom * I skipped all the Cagalli wangst episodes for the sake of my sanity *. On the other hand it was my first series and I still like it's mecha.

Reactions: Akumaten

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Yotsuba is cute and charming, words I generally avoid. But it works here.

Personal head canon: she is from North Korea.
All they say about her origins is that she's from an island to the west which doesn't leave a lot of options if we're speaking about somewhere outside Japan (considering straight west from Japan is thousands of miles of mainland Asia), so it's probably southwest of Japan and probably not Taiwan. Does that mean Yotsuba may be from somewhere in the Philippines? She doesn't exactly look Filipina but she doesn't really look like any actual real world ethnicity.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
The first two Zeta episodes are great to show to your friends without context. Kamille laughing like a psychopath while piloting the MKII is golden entertainment.
Only gundam Ive seen were the first few episodes of wing. I fucking loved just how much of an autistic sociopath the main character was

Also this

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Only gundam Ive seen were the first few episodes of wing. I fucking loved just how much of an autistic sociopath the main character was

Also this
Heero might be my favorite Gundam protagonist. he just refuses to act like a human being for most of the series and provides so much entertainment because of that. his relationship with Relena in the early episodes is so great. like when he tore up that invitation and threatened to kill her, or when he's dancing with her at that fancy prep school he infiltrated or wherever and she's all "so are you still gonna kill me" and he goes "lol yeah". watching Zeta, I can see where his insane post-murder laughter comes from. it's like the franchise was gradually building towards a child soldier protagonist as fucked up and entertaining as Heero.

best sunrise laugh ever

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Question.

I have the Fujiko Mine bluray set. Still haven't gotten the chance to watch.

I was wondering which series and films feature her predominantly. Is Fujiko's Lie good? How is The Italian Adventure?

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
It's a shame what Judau in ZZ does to that same guy.

Tags
None