Anime/Manga -

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
Just want to say thanks to @sasazuka for introducing me to Ichigo Mashimaro.
This is still an anime that you can’t treat as a regular anime that you’ll watch just one time and completely forget about it.

It’s really good.

Last edited:

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
Deca Dence went in completely different direction than I thought, and it's pretty amazing. Basically, the last bastion of humanity in the world is an IRL MMO for aliens, with the humans being unassuming PCs/NPCs. It's like the setup for a Trigger anime made by a talented studio who wanted to actually explore the "aliens" twist.
When you think the "trapped in an MMO" fad is dead....

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
The Lupin III CGI film is going to be dubbed, and the voice cast from the last new show (the Blue Jacket one) is reprising their roles.
Glad to hear it. I watched it subbed, and it's outstanding. The CGI is top-notch, I'd say they give modern Disney/Pixar a run for their money in the quality. They also don't try to emulate anime's low frame rate, so it doesn't have that weird janky look some productions have. It's a fast-paced adventure that I enjoyed every minute of, and I recommend any Lupin fans to check it out when you get a chance.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Glad to hear it. I watched it subbed, and it's outstanding. The CGI is top-notch, I'd say they give modern Disney/Pixar a run for their money in the quality. They also don't try to emulate anime's low frame rate, so it doesn't have that weird janky look some productions have. It's a fast-paced adventure that I enjoyed every minute of, and I recommend any Lupin fans to check it out when you get a chance.
Yeah, the thing about Japan and its CGI is that when they're not trying to emulate anime, it can actually be close to, or on par with, CGi from North Amercian productions. The fact they deliberately go out of their way to step down the CGI elements and have it awkwardly interact with 2D animation is a large part as to why people hate CGi in Anime.

Jesus Swept

baffled Christendom by continuing to live
kiwifarms.net
I just finished the first season of Dr Stone and I'm rereading the manga before the next season comes out. It's a nice light watch with a fun premise. Going back to the manga I forgot how gorgeous some of the art was.

• Feels
Reactions: José Mourinho

ISDwarnedus

kiwifarms.net
Naruto's first arc was it's best.
It's easy to forget all these never-ending powercreep zombie series were actually pretty decent early on. Even the art got shitty in Naruto. You can tell something is from the early episodes when it's got shading and good linework.

I've just finished rereading Dragon Ball and Z. Man, I still love this shit so much and I'm fiending for more. Is Super worth a shot?
Nah. Go read/watch Yu Yu Hakusho or something instead

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
Haikyū!! manga just ended today.
Which means that I can now do two things:

1) read the manga first
2) watch the anime second

I hope it follows the type of success that Slam Dunk used to have a few decades ago.
Granted it is a different sport, but it seems like it’s on the path of having that same type of feel, next to Kuroko no Basuke.

Either way, it was a great run!

235666AF-8837-49DA-B75E-086F407B3197.jpeg

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So finally the Goblin Slayer movie got a release date: July 28th, it will air on Crunchyroll.

Also, 'The Great Pretender' is out August 20th on Netflix. So some good shit is coming up.

When you think the "trapped in an MMO" fad is dead....
Its kind of different, honestly. Basically, 90% of the human race is extinct. Unbenknownst to them, Earth has become a theme park run by a corporation (Aliens) with the last city on Earth acting like an IRL MMO hub. These aliens employ what seem to be robots and give mix work/free time by 'playing' an MMO, harvesting fuel from these large creatures.

Its really a weird concept.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
I've just finished rereading Dragon Ball and Z. Man, I still love this shit so much and I'm fiending for more. Is Super worth a shot?
I was really late to the party when it came to DBZ. I barely watched it when it was airing on Toonami back in the day, maybe an episode or two at most. It was only when they aired DBZ Kai on Adult Swim's Toonami that I actually got around to watching the series (though they also began running Super at the same time as the Buu Saga so there was a bit of confusion there for a while). Kinda regret taking so long to get into it, because I had a lot of fun watching Kai and Super.

The Super movies are definitely a better way to handle the first two Super arcs, since they get somewhat bogged down with stretching out the plot of hour-and-a-half movies to 18 and 9 episodes, respectively. You do get some fun scenes mixed in with the filler, though, so it might be worth your time to watch the whole series too so you don't miss out on moments like this:

The remaining arcs are each fun in their own way, with the Goku Black arc probably being the best of the three. The Tournament of Power can drag on in places (the entire tournament is almost the same length as the rest of the series), and Jiren is kind of a boring character, but it has its moments too. The Broly movie was an excellent follow-up to the series, definitely recommend checking it out when you finish.

I still find it hilarious that someone went through the effort of making this video, showing the power of anime time:

Reactions: Draza

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was really late to the party when it came to DBZ. I barely watched it when it was airing on Toonami back in the day, maybe an episode or two at most. It was only when they aired DBZ Kai on Adult Swim's Toonami that I actually got around to watching the series (though they also began running Super at the same time as the Buu Saga so there was a bit of confusion there for a while). Kinda regret taking so long to get into it, because I had a lot of fun watching Kai and Super.
I was late, too, but only because I had no cable growing up, and I ended up being enticed to it with the abridged series. When 4KIDS got the rights to air it on their Toonzai block (so yes, I saw Blue Popo), that was when I was able to actually sit down and watch, and it got up to the Namek arc within the year. I got the appeal enough that I went out of my way to read the manga the entire summer before college, and that was a real treat. I would then go on to spend the next four years slowly buying the orange box-sets (I gave them to my brother last year while he was getting the blue Dragon Ball sets).

Makes me wonder what I would've thought of it as a kid. I don't know if I would've had the patience to sit through it, though, but there might've been something to have kept me glued to the screen.

Tags
None