Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Dunsparce said:
I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday watching the entirety of Blood+ on Netflix. I've seen the whole series before, I just decided to see it again

Blood + was awesome.

Something Vague

Keurig Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dunsparce said:
I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday watching the entirety of Blood+ on Netflix. I've seen the whole series before, I just decided to see it again

I have never seen this series before, Dun, care to see it a third time with me eventually? (I won't be like those girls who is more interested in watching a movie/tv show so she can cuddle with her sweetbolt than the movie/tv show itself, I promise!)

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fialovy said:
Dunsparce said:

I have never seen this series before, Dun, care to see it a third time with me eventually? (I won't be like those girls who is more interested in watching a movie/tv show so she can cuddle with her sweetbolt than the movie/tv show itself, I promise!)

Sure. It's a fun series, though it's probably one of the few really violent shows I've watched and enjoyed, that and Deadman Wonderland(Though in DMW's case the Manga is superior in every way and didn't flop in Japan like the anime adaption, and is still going right now.)

Something Vague

Keurig Connoisseur
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
no, but as soon as Dun loses a little weight, we have been throwing the idea around of cosplaying as either the Hero and Bianca from DQV or Cecil and Rosa from FFIV (see my sig)

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
I don't watch too much anime, but I'm a huge fan of the anime Detective Conan. It's about a teenage detective that had a run in with two assassins. He was defeated and force-fed a poison that was supposed to kill him. Somehow it doesn't kill him, instead, it reverts him to the physical age of an elementary school kid. Living with his childhood friend and her bumbling detective dad, he has to track down the assassins and take them down. While doing that, he also helps solve murders, thefts and other shit.

Unfortunately, not only did Funimation cancel the English dub, they also threatened to sue a group that was fansubbing the remaining episodes. The dub stopped at episode 90 while the show is actually still continuing past the 700's.

I've always have been a mystery-nut, and it's hard to find any mystery genre anime out there.

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Light Novels

Well, I guess this could qualify as manga/anime. But... I thought we'd discuss whatever Light Novels any of you guys read or something. That said, the guy who made Zero No Tsukaima died recently after a 2 year battle with cancer.

RIP Noboru Yamaguchi. With that, I'm headed to the RIP thread.

Edit: So far I read Fate Zero, Kara No Kyoukai (unfinished reading), Zero No Tsukaima (unfinished reading as well due to Noboru's death), Sword Arts Online (I only read a few chapters... and gave up due to how shoddy the story was), and a bit of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (I'm probably gonna consider stop reading as there's nothing much hooking me in).

Smokedaddy

Finer than frogs' hair
Deceased
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Re: Light Novels

So "light" means "Japanese?" I was unaware of this.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

When you said light novels, I actually thought you meant short stories, lol.

My friend got me all but the last episode of Sword Art Online, but I've never actually read the original. It was interesting when I started it, but I only got, like, 2 episodes in. It's still sitting on my desktop, waiting to be either viewed or shared.

Smokedaddy

Finer than frogs' hair
Deceased
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Saito said:
Smokedaddy said:
So "light" means "Japanese?" I was unaware of this.

Read and be educated.
Still not clear on the "comic books" = "novels" bit, but I am clearly woefully uneducated by the standards of someone as enlightened as yourself. I will help you out by changing the name of the thread.

You're Welcome.

Japanese Comic Books

Because some of us do not speak the code.

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
Re: Japanese Comic Books

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo all the way. Right now I've only got (American) issues 1,2,4 and 5.

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Re: Japanese Comic Books

The Slayers novels stopped being distributed in North America forever ago. I have the first eight volumes which is cool and stuff but the Tokyopop translation was swell and I wanted to see the rest of them translated.

Also, merged this topic into the Anime/Manga as it does qualify. Feel free to talk about any light novels you fancy.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Somewhat related:

Fight1.jpg

800px-Lawloraoraora.gif

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
For one of the most influential manga of all time, it's too unknown in the west...