Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I hate Japanese... read about an interesting anime, spies, cyberpunk all real interesting.
watcched the first Episode, Its full of little girls... why?

Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream of things that never were, and say why not.
- Robert Kennedy

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are good...
*rubs head sheepishly* Nah, I just happened to remember it's listed on AniDB under cyberpunk, and I saw the first episode when it aired and thought it was the most interesting set-up I've ever seen that season. I just never got back into it for some reason.

Erika Furudo

Me an intellectual 🎶
kiwifarms.net
Fuck you for ruining this, Netflix. Fuck you.
I hated how Dorohedoro was adapted (Why CGI, why is everything so clean?), but holy fuck it could be so much worse. Shit like this makes me hope my favourite manga never gets adapted.
Is anime profitable for Netflix? They seem to be leaning into it quite heavily. Didn't Backsteet girls gokudolls have a similar style where it looked like a manga with minimal movement?

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't Backsteet girls gokudolls have a similar style where it looked like a manga with minimal movement?
Yeah, it was, and Chiaki Kon also directed it. The comedy was still hilarious that I honestly didn't notice, so it worked out well for the series. (RIP, Keiji Fujiwara, your beautiful voice is missed.)

Wingnut

WARNING: Remove before flight.
kiwifarms.net
AX just cancelled their 2021 live show and will be doing the shitty online only expo like last year.
Not that anyone didn't see that coming, being based in LA and all.
Region Capture.jpg

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
*rubs head sheepishly* Nah, I just happened to remember it's listed on AniDB under cyberpunk, and I saw the first episode when it aired and thought it was the most interesting set-up I've ever seen that season. I just never got back into it for some reason.
Its still a good show and there is only one little girl thats realy out of place. the rest is fine and they even make some jokes about one of the girls being clearly older and in disguise as a school girl.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
Fuck you for ruining this, Netflix. Fuck you.
The blend of flat visuals and corporate-style "Weird Twitter" irony in the description is pure gold, baby.

This could be done well but the individual frames aren't even very well drawn. The manga art was so detailed this doesn't do it justice in the slightest.

As someone mentioned, there is a live-action adaptation and I'd rather watch that than this. I mean, if you're going to make a cartoon and not use animation to the fullest, just make a live-action show. I mean, look at that trailer, at this rate they should’ve just had the voice actors talk over the camera panning over the manga panels. It's just a hair away from being a motion comic.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Hellsing Ultimate was so kino.

I have yet to watch it, but I know it's hardcore as hell. What else can you say about a show where one of the main characters has a backstory where she saw someone fuck her mom's corpse?
The anime is absolutely kino. Tho I would say that the OST of the OG anime (among some other little things) was better

My own personal favourite anime OST of all time comes from it. This being my favourite one.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
can we get some kind of list of animes we like?

just yesterday I had the sudden realization while talking with a mate the few people that actually like anime in my social circle have wildly different taste. can't imagine how all over the place it would be here.

if you're looking for recommendations it's probably easier to be specific what you're looking for and mention what you liked (and why).