Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
My favorites:
- Gundam 0079 (Never really cared for any of the other UC stuff. Most of them are at least okay but none I'd list as my favorites)
- After War Gundam X
- Xabungle (I think this is actually Tomino's best work. A great blend of depressed Tomino, upbeat (probably medicated) Tomino, and crazy Tomino)
- VOTOMS (It has a ton of OVAs, most of which are enjoyable, but they all tend to make a mess out of the continuity and lore of the series)
- Gun x Sword
- Full Metal Panic
- SDF Macross (I liked Frontier, too, but not enough to list it as a favorite)
- Macross Plus

- Azumanga Daioh
- Kill Me Baby
- Yuru Yuri
- Squid Girl
- Kiniro Mosaic
- Umaru-chan
- Asobi Asobase

- Read or Die (Both the OVA and TV series, but especially the latter)
- s-CRY-ed
- Mob Psycho
- Slayers
- Saga of Tanya the Evil
- Yu Yu Hakusho

I definitely feel like I'm forgetting a handful of them.

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity, is there anyone who actually likes H2O : Footprints in the Sand? It’s the most aggressively dry anime I’ve ever watched. I was thinking back on all the shit I’ve watched and read over the years, and I’ve never seen anyone talk about this show in a casual discussion.

I’ve also never seen Me~teru no Kimochi brought up beyond that one panel. Was it meant to be funny or deep? I shotgunned it in 3 hours and that final panel made me cry laugh for an hour straight.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity, is there anyone who actually likes H2O : Footprints in the Sand? It’s the most aggressively dry anime I’ve ever watched. I was thinking back on all the shit I’ve watched and read over the years, and I’ve never seen anyone talk about this show in a casual discussion.
I'll have to rewatch it since it's been a long time, but I remember liking it for a harem series, and it was a recommendation since I really love CLANNAD and was looking for more anime like it. I think it was an interesting choice to make the harem protagonist blind even if it was just for the sake of drama, so it sucks it was considered curable. The visual novel is probably loads better, though, since one-cour adaptations of visual novels rarely turn out well.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't stand Happy Sugar Life when I watched it during the season it was airing. It just felt like edge for being edgy's sake and when I found out about that one guy who was also a sex weirdo, I became disinterested and stopped watching. Does the anime get any better?
Eh, I'd say if you didn't like it by that point you probably wouldn't care for the rest. It stays pretty much that level till the end, think might even go a bit further extreme but my timeline of events is foggy.
Will keep in mind. Most of the manga I read nowadays is either on hiatus or cancelled.
There's a lot of those, but also the dreaded scan group is dead/super slow/involved in drama and nobody ends up releasing the series outside them. At least with the deluge of korean webtoons they get pretty rapid releases with several dedicated groups and nothing really stays dropped for long.

My current favorite Hiatus is HnK since it has no end date and it hit just as the last chapter ended in a big cliffhanger/desire to know more. Left all the readers sitting in agony waiting for it to come back, very fitting for an author that loves to cause suffering.

That Stupid Fucking Tree

Don't you have anything better to do?
kiwifarms.net
My current favorite Hiatus is HnK since it has no end date and it hit just as the last chapter ended in a big cliffhanger/desire to know more. Left all the readers sitting in agony waiting for it to come back, very fitting for an author that loves to cause suffering.
Aww HnK is also on hiatus? I was actually looking forward to reading/watching it. My favorite hiatus is probably Made in Abyss and a new chapter comes out about every 2-3 months. He has underlying health issues, so it's kind of justified, it's just annoying to remember what happened in the last couple of chapters every single time one comes out.

As for cancelled manga, Koisuru Bukimi-chan is probably the most recent one for me. This one hurt since it was probably the closest thing to a Hex Maniac-esque character in a manga that I'm probably going to get (mainly due to the fact that the main character is blatantly based on her design, he draws art of her all the time). It only lasted 8 chapters and probably fell apart due to only having one gag: the creepy girl is creepy and the boy she likes gets scared. It seemed like it was going somewhere in the last chapter, but we'll never know where it's going to go now. His art is still pretty good though.
bukimi.jpg

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it was, and Chiaki Kon also directed it. The comedy was still hilarious that I honestly didn't notice, so it worked out well for the series. (RIP, Keiji Fujiwara, your beautiful voice is missed.)
I looked it up and damn....he was cute. It seems he was like the Chris Evans or Pedro Pascal of anime. Lotta roles (Baaacaaaaanoooooo)

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not that it's even likely to be part of the movie but I'd actually be hyped if they somehow casted Christoph Waltz as The Major in Hellsing and he got to deliver an unabridged I Love War speech.

albert chan

Not a simp for Slovenian women
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s an older one, but my go to canceled/infinite hiatus manga is Beet the Vandel Buster. All I really know is the creator got some intense health problems and had to stop. Given that it never picked up again, I have to assume it was fatal.
C42EDD5B-BE9B-4EC0-9821-4D7C461BF80B.jpeg

Shining Wit

kiwifarms.net
can we get some kind of list of animes we like?
I wont give a list, just a single series recommendation:
Senki Zesshou Symphogear (5 seasons, starting with the selftitled s1, G, GX, AXZ and finally XV)
It's an original series that blends idol, mecha, magical girl and action into a project that oozes passion on all sides. It gets a bit silly at times and there's plenty of potential squandered (Noble Red, most of GX) but it really comes together into something special. Make sure you watch the OVA's for each season as they give bridging information, as well as searching out for the keywords to get extra worldbuilding
And dont watch the commie subs. Crunchy subs are poor too but at least not memeified

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
It’s an older one, but my go to canceled/infinite hiatus manga is Beet the Vandel Buster. All I really know is the creator got some intense health problems and had to stop. Given that it never picked up again, I have to assume it was fatal.
View attachment 1975233

Wikipedia says Riku Sanjo resumed Beet the Vandel Buster in 2016 and that he also writes an ongoing Kamen Rider manga in addition to being a writer on the Kamen Rider and (current) Mashin Sentai Kiramager TV series and some movies.

Atatata

kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to finishing Ajin, should've done it sooner, it was a great ride, I would very much recommend the manga, its pretty short too. Sucks the anime was cgi, the fight choreography if done the right way would've been a sight to see.

Also, The Misfit at Demon King Academy is getting a season two. S1 was pretty fun and very dumb schlock if you have time to waste.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wikipedia says Riku Sanjo resumed Beet the Vandel Buster in 2016 and that he also writes an ongoing Kamen Rider manga in addition to being a writer on the Kamen Rider and (current) Mashin Sentai Kiramager TV series and some movies.
Well shit, now I gotta do some digging.