Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
Saito said:
I keep seeing moe bullshit so many times it makes me vomit. Your guys' thoughts on it?

I just looked up moe because I had no idea what it meant. The closest meaning I could find was that it was a kind of feminine "cute". With that being said, I don't see too many "moe" characters, probably because I don't watch too much anime.

Lil

Turt Protector
kiwifarms.net
random_pickle said:
I just looked up moe because I had no idea what it meant. The closest meaning I could find was that it was a kind of feminine "cute". With that being said, I don't see too many "moe" characters, probably because I don't watch too much anime.

Moe:
Moe is used to describe extremely idealized characterizations, whether it's their looks or certain personality traits. It's usually applied to younger, female characters in anime. The character does not need to be "perfect," per se, but there are traits within that character that hold a certain attraction to viewers. An example of a moe character would be Hirasawa Yui from K-ON!

In this case, moe can also refer to the style to which anime has turned in the past few years. They bear a huge similarity to the artstyle of K-ON!'s anime series, and feature girls for the most part. I mention K-ON! because it is the simplest to refer to, but that does not exclude other anime from being defined as 'moe.' It features looser animation and more emphasis on facial expressions and endearing the character as much as possible through the animation. The trend can be compared to the shoujo manga style that was prominent until the 90s (I believe? The example given is one from the 70s.)

That being said, I'm a bit tired of the moe style myself but it's probably going to be sticking around as long as people enjoy it (ie waifu hoarders)

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Killer Bee

Alec. I must ask you in advance for your forgiveness. This I must share.

So some of you guys probably still follow Narutard. So I see this.

165348_v0_600x.jpg

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Re: Killer Bee

I really hope you're not trying to take another potshot at the Hulkster, brother.

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Is this about me talking shit about Naruto? Because it's a horrible anime, and it's fans are degenerates.

Male

This guy fucks!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I can't even see the pic so
You lost me Salto..

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Saito said:
Alec. I must ask you in advance for your forgiveness. This I must share.

So some of you guys probably still follow Narutard. So I see this.

165348_v0_600x.jpg
Blatant anime discussion belongs in the anime thread.

And on the topic of Naruto, it's an awful series that nobody likes except for the people that like it.

Bob's Fries

kiwifarms.net
Niachu said:
I really hope you're not trying to take another potshot at the Hulkster, brother."

Nah. Thought I'd bring it up.

Crazy Pacer said:
Is this about me talking shit about Naruto? Because it's a horrible anime, and it's fans are degenerates.

Agreed.

Male said:
I can't even see the pic so
You lost me Salto...

Comparison of Hulk Hogan and Killer Bee.

Saney said:

I'm sorry.

The Hunter said:
Blatant anime discussion belongs in the anime thread.

And on the topic of Naruto, it's an awful series that nobody likes except for the people that like it.

Woops. Sorry. But yeah, agreed. Again.

Lil

Turt Protector
kiwifarms.net
The story may suck but you have to admit, the guy has an amazing sense of composition.

GcHMADh.png

I mean, FUCK dude!

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

That is all.

OH GOD, THEY DID IT, THEY REALLY DID IT

Last edited by a moderator:

Aiko Heiwa

Salt 'n' Genki
kiwifarms.net
Niachu said:
How could you not?
People who don't have souls don't.

The Barnes and Noble I went to today had every single volume currently in English. I ended up buying just 1 and 2.

Dollars2010

Necromancer Corgi Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The last manga I read was Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. It's a supernatural, psychological, horror kind of thing.
Here's a link if you want to read it.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aiko Heiwa said:
Niachu said:
How could you not?
People who don't have souls don't.

The Barnes and Noble I went to today had every single volume currently in English. I ended up buying just 1 and 2.

I have no soul and I love yotsuba. Its the manga equivilent of a sweet palate cleanser after trudging my way through berserk or whatever Junji Ito comics they put on scans daily. Getting a physical copy of them is pretty high on my to-do list once this semester ends.