Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here; NO CULTURE WAR DOOMPOSTING!

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.
AOT is getting a winter anime slot as far as I know so the animation will probably be much better since MAPPA can get it done. Nothing can be worse CGI than Berserk 2016, but I know CGI can be done well if Dorohedoro is anything to go off and that is still a show I high key recommend even if i'm still watching it myself.

On another note, I heard from a friend Demon Slayer S2 is delayed because it took them a long time to release the movie into other countries? I don't know if it's true but has anyone heard something about that?
Personally (and maybe this should go in the hot takes thread too) Its very rare that I tolerate exorbitant amounts of CGI in anime, as they usually stick to the industry standard 30 FPS and it makes the 3d animation look choppy and its very displeasing to look at. I honestly have no idea how people watch Knights of Sidonia, Dorohedoro, Ajin, Beastars, or any other cg anime that people swear to me looks "good". I can only tolerate Land of the Lustrous and maybe Kemono Friends

Mysterious Girlfriend X

いつもこの時、この場所で。
kiwifarms.net
Watching the first episode of TWEWY, the second Calling started playing I got the biggest god damn smile on my face.

Speaking of rewatching is there any shows you have rewatch the most? For me I usually only rewatch a show a second time (though find it a lot easier to reread manga ) but off the top of my head I think I've rewatched NHK and baccano the most because I know I've watched both at least 3 times over the last decade.
I've rewatched Cardcaptor Sakura and Rayearth in 3 different languages, because I'll never stop being a CLAM fan. I've also rewatched my username more than a few times.

HexFag

I have not one shred of regret in my entire life.
kiwifarms.net
Watching the first episode of TWEWY, the second Calling started playing I got the biggest god damn smile on my face.
Speaking of TWEWY, this second episode is so much better in terms of pacing. The OP is decent but man the fact that they have to replace it is apparent and very sad.

I've read Azumanga Daioh twice and I'm currently doing a rewatch with a friend right now. I've also rewatched Dead Leaves like 3 times in like 2 weeks because I can't stop introducing it to friends.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I've also rewatched my username more than a few times.

The Mysterious Girlfriend X anime has that WataMote problem (or the Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens problem) of being only the first part of the story from a much-longer manga, which viewers who want to know more about what happens next will have to read since it never got beyond the first season (although all three of those series got OVAs with Kannagi being the only one of those three whose OVAs were included on the North American home video release).

It's been a while since I've read the Mysterious Girlfriend X manga but I remember the movie arc (with the fakeout reveal about Mikoto Urabe being a robot) being probably the best part of what remains unanimated. (I'm also glad that Urabe's background was never really revealed, I prefer to think of her as a human. Half of the characters seem to have some level of psychic ability, Akira Tsubaki probably wouldn't have even had a "taste" in the first place if he didn't already have some latent psychic inclinations that drew him to the "pool", Urabe's just the one whose telepathic abilities are most developed.)

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I personally don't rewatch anime cause there's too much stuff in my backlog so I'd rather just watch some of that. Come to think of it I even haven't gotten to watching the extended edition of episode 1 of rakugo shinju.

Atatata

kiwifarms.net
I usually only rewatch stuff if there's a new season after a while and I want to refresh. I've read stuff like Dungeon Meshi, Golden Kamuy, Apothecary Diaries and the like a few times, but again mostly because my memory starts to get foggy since I tend to stick to them as they come out. I'm rereading Land of the Lustrous right now.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad Ryu was a cool dude, was expecting a generic 'dont meet your idols' ep
I'm just sad that the ending got leaked, but after watching the Opening it doesn't take a genius to figure out
All the main girls are going to be dead by the end of the series

Shining Wit

kiwifarms.net
I'm just sad that the ending got leaked, but after watching the Opening it doesn't take a genius to figure out
All the main girls are going to be dead by the end of the series

I assumed the amount Kotaro was banging on about in ep1 about there not being enough time that he only has them resurrected for a certain amount of time, and he wont be able to reach his target before that time because they stumbled with that live show, hence him falling into a slump. Would explain why he's always been pushing them to go at a breakneck pace

Spergichu

Survived the Dark Room on gm_construct
kiwifarms.net
Spoilers for Jojolion 106 dropped. Full chapter should be out by the end of the weekend.
1618626595394.png
Looks like Tooru is trying to fuse with Yasuho to save himself. Those veins are the same one that appeared on Joshu when he gave Yasuho his arm and tried to fuse with her.

1618627060975.png
Fucked.

1618627135706.png
Absolutely fucked.

1618627350059.png
"Soft & Wet: Go Beyond" Is the name of Josuke's Spin powerup

1618573799304.png
>i don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt

1618627622637.jpg
Araki Remembered.

Also,

1618659215229.png

Last edited:

KaibaCorp ToeSucker

Seto Kaiba plz step on me I beg of you
kiwifarms.net
Was feeling a little burned out from anime so I figured I'd try and avoid watching anything during the spring season.
Unfortunately this fell through because my brother has been getting back into it and convinced me to rewatch some old shows from back when we used to watch them in 3 parts on youtube
However this made me realize that I was just burned out keeping up to date with a show and the discourse around the newest episode, so I'm just gonna try and stick with working on my backlog and rewatching some old favorites for a few months.
Speaking of rewatching is there any shows you have rewatch the most? For me I usually only rewatch a show a second time (though find it a lot easier to reread manga ) but off the top of my head I think I've rewatched NHK and baccano the most because I know I've watched both at least 3 times over the last decade.
For me it would have to be
YuGiOh! Duel Monsters
Demon Slayer
Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals
and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (any part tbh) are my go to rewatches.
Then I sit and complain I haven't seen any new anime because I can't help be rewatch the same lengthy ass stuff but I don't mind.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Spoilers for Jojolion 106 dropped. Full chapter should be out by the end of the weekend.
View attachment 2095629
Looks like Tooru is trying to fuse with Yasuho to save himself. Those veins are the same one that appeared on Joshu when he gave Yasuho his arm and tried to fuse with her.

View attachment 2095628
Fucked.

View attachment 2095627
Absolutely fucked.

View attachment 2095626
"Soft & Wet: Go Beyond" Is the name of Josuke's Spin powerup

View attachment 2095623
>i don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt

View attachment 2095625
Araki Remembered.

Also,

View attachment 2095630

View attachment 2095631
Thank god it’s not another FUCKING rock insect.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Watching Durarara! for the first time.

So far, it has potential. Hasn’t gripped me like other series, but I’m willing to see where it goes.

ED song is an ear worm. In a good way.

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seeing Funimation turn into "Woke 4Kids" is saddening but it also is a thing that makes me wonder something.

Something I mentioned before was that we need a new push for a proper revival of OEL manga and maybe even OEL anime ONA's if you can get the funding. The conditions might be right for a do-over.

It's been ten years since Tokyopop went under while the current big shots in the North American anime industry are woke pawns of Sony and the capeshit boom is starting to go bust while everyone is likely getting weary of woke, even if they're too afraid to say it out loud.

I think it's time. But you've got to learn from the mistakes of the past.

@I Love Beef mentioned before that an OEL manga or anime could work if you focused on what made anime popular specifically in the West during the Anime Boom of the late 90's and early-mid 2000's and went with that as opposed to the cargo cult approach that many creators took during the Anime Boom.

There's a reason why the closest thing to an actual success story on the "western-made anime" was Avatar: The Last Airbender (at least in America)

Honestly, I'd love to see someone make an OEL manga or ONA with the old "90's anime" art style (for lack of a better term) and if I were in charge, it'd probably be an edgy horror throwback to the glory days of the "OVA Boom" in the 80's and 90's.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
kiwifarms.net
Watching Durarara! for the first time.

So far, it has potential. Hasn’t gripped me like other series, but I’m willing to see where it goes.

ED song is an ear worm. In a good way.
It might help to remember that everyone in the cast is at least a bit nuts, including the milquetoast high school crew. Celty is probably the closest to stable, and even she's in love with Shinra somehow.

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering how much money you'd need to commission a single half-hour or hour-long OEL ONA and who you'd specifically need to get in touch with that could help with things like animation and story boards, etc.

I'd imagine it'd be ungodly expensive, but there's got to be some way to raise the funds for it.