Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here; NO CULTURE WAR DOOMPOSTING!

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Major Buzzkill

Oh, come off it, Major!
kiwifarms.net
Reading the Hellsing manga right now and I think this has to be one of my favorite chapter introduction ever:

421E867C-D403-46A3-8AB5-B6870CEE710A.jpeg

KEKMUHLORD

kiwifarms.net
Choujin X just gets better and better. That last chapter... just... damn. The short omake chapters he adds to the volumes are gold too.

View attachment 3299635

View attachment 3299628View attachment 3299630

Happy to see Ishida writing and drawing again.

After Tokyo Ghoul I thought he was burned out for good. Given how fucked he was mentally and physically by the end of it. Mainly due to never taking breaks. Even during Golden Week that man worked.

I plan on checking this out soon.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 3303670
I don't know who this chick (Megan Shipman) is and can't tell you for the life of me who she voiced, but she just looks unlikeable.
I heard three seconds and never want to listen again. It’s the typical “clearly a grown woman trying to sound like a kid and talking with an exaggerated lisp” voice.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Man, the dub for Spy x Family will make you really hate Anya.

View attachment 3303670
I don't know who this chick (Megan Shipman) is and can't tell you for the life of me who she voiced, but she just looks unlikeable.

I heard three seconds and never want to listen again. It’s the typical “clearly a grown woman trying to sound like a kid and talking with an exaggerated lisp” voice.
I think I saw just a half a second of Shachiku-san's dub & I never wanna watch a English dub of an anime again.

I don't swear

kiwifarms.net
Man, the dub for Spy x Family will make you really hate Anya.
I told my niece and nephew to not even bother. JP dub nails all three of 'em, unless your talking about that one.
The dub is pretty decent except from anya and didn't Megan Shipman also voice index as well?
From the few dubs I've watched, it's always one voice for a pretty vital character that easily ruins the entire dub. For me, it's the JP Yuno from Mirai Nikki.

Migurdia

kiwifarms.net
Started rewatching Black Lagoon and damn I'm enjoying this shit. It also made me realize that the manga started serialization around 2002 which kind of reflects the setting since it takes place in what seems to be the mid to late 90s. The manga is slow as fuck but I think there's enough content for a new season at this point.

Diet Purple Pepsi

kiwifarms.net
Is anyone else reading Ayashimon? I'm interested enough to still keep up with it but I don't know if I can get past how cringe the main character is.
He doesn't bother me that much and it's still alright. The last chapter adds some explanation on how Ayashimon are basically thoughts and concepts given form, so transforming ones like kitsune are good at taking what an opponent fears and using it against them. It's nothing revolutionary but I like that mangaka's art style, folklore, and yakoozie bullshit so I'm easy to impress.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So about Shield Hero, I lost interest partway through the first season. The Japanese woman is she still in it? I assumed she joins them.

Car Won't Crank

My cars won't crank
kiwifarms.net
So about Shield Hero, I lost interest partway through the first season. The Japanese woman is she still in it? I assumed she joins them.
Yeah, first 6 episodes are a snooze. It's starting it pick up now and feels like a new season. Shield hero guy and party get transported to a parallel world where his stats reset.

Blasterman

Agent Of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
My evangelion autism is making my blood boil as I watch this retard's video.

why do retards like to create shit and spreading misinformation without making research?
Those fucking faggots are the cancer that's killing mecha, fuck your Evanjelly donuts trash, Tomino anime is where it's at. Evangelion is not smart, it's not deep, it's at best a "stand the fuck up in life and don't be a sissy, be a man" kind of show.

How in the living Hell did we go from mecha being the most respected (and most sane) anime genre to being a punching bag for all the shounenfags and pseuds?

FatMebius

You'll see the tears of time.
kiwifarms.net
That was a fun show and a good modern take on the material, but the subtitles were really bad and boomer-ish with references to LL Cool J, Kiss and they even renamed one of the characters after the gay guy from Revenge of the Nerds.

View attachment 3301285View attachment 3301284
That show had so many good gags. Like Enma-kun thinking his dad is a fag because he gets in a relationship with Satan from Devilman. It's a lot more fun than the somewhat dry and serious reimagining it had a few years before Burning Up came out.

Major Buzzkill

Oh, come off it, Major!
kiwifarms.net
That show had so many good gags. Like Enma-kun thinking his dad is a fag because he gets in a relationship with Satan from Devilman.
For real? Bro, I gotta see that shit lmao. Satan gotta “get over” Akira somehow.

On another note, I’m debating checking out MHA. I see it everywhere. But the first time I watched it, I thought it was kinda boring. What are your guys’ thoughts, if you hadn’t expressed them already?