Anime/Manga - Discuss Japanese cartoons and comics here; NO CULTURE WAR DOOMPOSTING!

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For real? Bro, I gotta see that shit lmao. Satan gotta “get over” Akira somehow.

On another note, I’m debating checking out MHA. I see it everywhere. But the first time I watched it, I thought it was kinda boring. What are your guys’ thoughts, if you hadn’t expressed them already?
I liked it but the series lately became kinda fucked both in the anime and manga.

Anime is an ongoing continuing series in-production with no breaks and it cuts out a lot of content, especially with its time slot on Japanese TV. It doesn't help the Production Committee cares more about promoting shitty anime-original movies that they try to cram in the series.

The Manga gradually is declining in terms of quality because the readership of Shonen Jump gets mad that the author wants to do any darker content or anything with villains, so author is whipped and has to just comply to keep up sales. The readership basically wants MHA to be simple hero class fight bad guys manga with nothing deeper beyond that with maybe the hero class having slice of life moments, and now the author is burnt out and is rushing to the ending. I'm only still reading due to sunk cost.

Last edited:

Blasterman

Agent Of Chaos
kiwifarms.net
Because you're dealing with Evafags who have always been insanely pretentious and it's neck and neck with Gundam for "go-to mecha shows." None of these pretentious fags will ever watch Tomino classics like Xabungle, Dunbine, or King Gainer (they might watch Ideon but only because they're pretentious and will never appreciate it on its actual merits).

Yes, that's why out of all the so-called "Eva clones", the best is Genesis of Aquarion because all the "deep symbolism" is more or less sex jokes and the show doesn't take itself too seriously.
To this day it still positively surprises me how much mecha is a pleb filter. Tomino, Takahashi, Nagai, Kawamori, most Taniguchi works besides Code Geass, Ishikawa and his work on Getter Robo... the genre is fucking studded with so many gems. I used to laugh when idiots got filtered by the giant robot, but given the overall state of people who cling onto anime (i.e. mentally disabled troons coping the hardest so they don't 41% immediately), it's probably for the best right now. The only really sad thing in all of this is the fact most of those really obscure shows are released by Discotek which as we know frequently brings in faggots such as Sevakis and Toole to assist on their releases (though Sevakis at least does a good job on the technical side with his little company, so I'm willing to let that one slide as long as he doesn't bring in his ANN faggotry - or God Forbid his hateboner for MD Geist if Discotek opts to do that one in the future).

Gravityqueen4life

MEOW!
kiwifarms.net
so the first teaser of the biscuit hammer anime has been shown and immediately, there has been a change.

the show is set during mid 00 or earliest 10, the characters were using flip phones but now it seems they will just use iPhones instead. i know that some animations tend to modernize the source materiel to fit in more with the times but, i dunno, it feels a bit out of place if you ask me. i tend to like things to be just how they suppose to be.

then we have the clip at the 0:13 mark. in the manga the princess is suppose to wear a skirt during that kick and you suppose to see her underwear to kind of get her fashion sense for cute things (she likes bears) but as you can see in the trailer, she's wearing sorts now which, ruins that part of the story. this makes me sort of afraid that they gonna censor more scenes since there are alot of moments were perverted stuff happens.

im beginning to wonder. now that anime is getting more mainstream, will they cut out alot of the weeb stuff that has been normalized in anime since forever? back in the 80s and 90s, anime was clearly pandering to token demographics (nerds, loners, social rejects, perverts etc) to build good faith with those people and make them loyal costumers. now that normalfags have entered the scene, maybe creators dont think its worth it to appeal to the fans of the past anymore. or, they simply try to appeal to normalfags now since they outnumber the weebs a 100 to 1.

just a food for thought.

Last edited:

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
so the first teaser of the biscuit hammer anime has been shown and immediately, there has been a change.

the show is set during mid 00 or earliest 10, the characters were using flip phones but now it seems they will just use iPhones instead. i know that some animations tend to modernize the source materiel to fit in more with the times but, i dunno, it feels a bit out of place if you ask me. i tend to like things to be just how they suppose to be.

then we have the clip at the 0:13 mark. in the manga the princess is suppose to wear a skirt during that kick and you suppose to see her underwear to kind of get her fashion sense for cute things (she likes bears) but as you can see in the trailer, she's wearing sorts now which, ruins that part of the story. this makes me sort of afraid that they gonna censor more scenes since there are alot of moments were perverted stuff happens.

im beginning to wonder. now that anime is getting more mainstream, will they cut out alot of the weeb stuff that has been normalized in anime since forever? back in the 80s and 90s, anime was clearly pandering to token demographics (nerds, loners, social rejects, perverts etc) to build good faith with those people and make them loyal costumers. now that normalfags have entered the scene, maybe creators dont think its worth it to appeal to the fans of the past anymore. or, they simply try to appeal to normalfags now since they outnumber the weebs a 100 to 1.

just a food for thought.
I think anime is going to be fine
KoZYXE0.jpg

Atatata

kiwifarms.net
Ngl this makes me a little worried since it doesn't look great.
I think anime is going to be fineView attachment 3310581
Its kind of funny, but between this and that RPG Estate show fanservice is a sign of quality. If they censor shit then they either don't have faith that it'll make money on its on merit or they don't have a good budget.

Safir

true and honest female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
now that anime is getting more mainstream, will they cut out alot of the weeb stuff that has been normalized in anime since forever? back in the 80s and 90s, anime was clearly pandering to token demographics (nerds, loners, social rejects, perverts etc) to build good faith with those people and make them loyal costumers. now that normalfags have entered the scene
Anime has never "pandered" to deviants, it has always been aimed at its core demographic of Jap normies, and Western normies happen to like it as it is, because the appeal of a good story is universal. Producing garbage for deviants is a Western trend.

I dislike Deku for the same reasons I don't like Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul). The style's alright... but if I didn't see it everywhere, I'll be able to stomach it more.
WHERE do you see it? This is one of the few styles that I like (Tokyo Ghoul is trash tho). What I see everywhere is --
And bro, do ya really gotta mention Sword Art Online? That shit ain't been relevant for a while.
-- the generic sparkly dildo style exemplified by Sword Art Online. (I also think "videogame / VN reality" is anime's doomsday scenario - people's power fantasies going from "dreaming about being awesome IRL" to "dreaming about being awesome in a videogame or getting the pairing you want in a VN" - so as far as I'm concerned SAO will always be relevant.) Cross out sparkly dildos, lolis, down syndrome face, yaoi face - what else is left?

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Anime has never "pandered" to deviants, it has always been aimed at its core demographic of Jap normies, and Western normies happen to like it as it is, because the appeal of a good story is universal. Producing garbage for deviants is a Western trend.
Half the shit that comes out today was made for people who never leave their house. The normies are watching Shin-chan and Sazae-san.

lemonsensei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't get it what is it with that particular show (and others like it) that have the biggest amount of those types of people flocking to it but it sure is facisnating.

And bro, do ya really gotta mention Sword Art Online? That shit ain't been relevant for a while. At least, since Alclinzation (however the fuck you spell it) came out. That was in 2017, right? The most I hear about it is that "it wasn't really that bad" and other apologist cope shit.

You coulda least mention DragonBall fans. Those dudes are fucking wild.
Isn’t SAO still popular in Japan? Could’ve sworn a movie was released recently on top of another season being announced for Netflix. Don’t quote me on this, I’m just a sperg on the internet.

Major Buzzkill

Oh, come off it, Major!
kiwifarms.net
WHERE do you see it? This is one of the few styles that I like (Tokyo Ghoul is trash tho). What I see everywhere is --

-- the generic sparkly dildo style exemplified by Sword Art Online. (I also think "videogame / VN reality" is anime's doomsday scenario - people's power fantasies going from "dreaming about being awesome IRL" to "dreaming about being awesome in a videogame or getting the pairing you want in a VN" - so as far as I'm concerned SAO will always be relevant.) Cross out sparkly dildos, lolis, down syndrome face, yaoi face - what else is left?

You got me there. I can’t really name other series that have the same style, but I was more so thinking of how I see the show itself among normies.

SAO definitely poisoned the well in that aspect, from how you described it. I just ain’t seen it in awhile so my memory’s kinda fuzzy.

Isn’t SAO still popular in Japan? Could’ve sworn a movie was released recently on top of another season being announced for Netflix. Don’t quote me on this, I’m just a sperg on the internet.

Noted.

Ugh, shouldn’t have opened my big mouth lol.

Titan

kiwifarms.net
You are correct. A lot of anime fans in japan love sao. Mostly male demographic. You also dont get bullied for liking it unlike here in the west where both anime fans and non anime fans will bully you for liking it. Me personally I stopped watching after season 1 like 8 years ago. I couldnt enjoy it, was just boring to me.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Actually that makes me wonder about animes made for teenagers in Japan. Like Isekai is mainly appealing to 30 year old deadbeats who fucked up their life decisions. I doubt it has as much appeal as the battle couple genre back in the day.
I also wonder if some animes try to make themselves for "whales" (besides gacha adaptions) to launch a ton of expensive merchandise lineup.

Sorry for the double post. One of the manga publishers in the USA have decided to unionize. Because, as well all know, there is complete shortage in Japanese knowing liberal art majors who'd work for peanuts.

1653343050121.png

Shidoen

... .--. .- -.-. . / -. .. --. --. . .-. ... --..-
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone have some anime recommendations?

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone have any recommendations for places to stream anime for free? My usual place is fucking up.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which one do you use? Animixplay.to has been a reliable one for me.
I've been using kissanime.ru. It seems fine in general despite the recent cancer of pop-up blocker avoiding pop-ups but it was absolutely sluggish releasing last week's episode of Komi Can't Communicate.

pururun

kiwifarms.net
zoro.to is my usual spot for streaming, largely because you are able to turn off English subs entirely. I sometimes get buffering issues, but no other problems otherwise.

Shidoen

... .--. .- -.-. . / -. .. --. --. . .-. ... --..-
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a few, anything specific?

You could try gogoanime, that usually always works for me.
Give me some that is comedic but not sexually too many times.