Anime News Network (ANN), Christopher Macdonald & Co. - ANN vs Hero Hei: [Mis]Using Laws To Punish Wrongthink like True Canadians

I Love Beef

お前はもう。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net

On a related note, I love how ANN spergs are so closed minded and out of touch with human sexuality that they bash on Japan's own takes on feminism. Maybe they don't need to use chastity belts, glorify dick chopping, promote self hatred in men, and have women cut their hair in ugly ways after dying it, ANN.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 889552
I don't know exactly what it says about a "news site" that they have to tell people they won't break the law, but I don't think it inspires me with confidence. Really, in general, if someone has to go out of their way to tell me what they're doing isn't illegal, I'm pretty much automatically suspicious.

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know exactly what it says about a "news site" that they have to tell people they won't break the law, but I don't think it inspires me with confidence. Really, in general, if someone has to go out of their way to tell me what they're doing isn't illegal, I'm pretty much automatically suspicious.
Why include the word "assume" in conjunction with talk about illegality?

Yet another Chris that desires to be struck down.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If your only defense of something you're doing is it isn't technically illegal, it's probably pretty shitty, like a lot of other shitty behavior by scumbags that they can't be arrested for. Sure, I'm scum, they're saying, but what are you going to do about it?

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
If your only defense of something you're doing is it isn't technically illegal, it's probably pretty shitty, like a lot of other shitty behavior by scumbags that they can't be arrested for. Sure, I'm scum, they're saying, but what are you going to do about it?
Also, in my experience, the type of people who insist they aren't going to do anything illegal are often poor judges of whether their actions are actually legal. Mostly because, well, they're usually scum.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 889552
The two people they're identifying in that tweet chain actually do appear to have criminal records.

Bram Sun-Lee Kleiman
Some of the charges are not public, but these 4 files are. Unfortunately, it's impossible to archive these pages, but they can be reached by visiting https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/criminal/partySearch.do and searching by his name.
1565795556672.png1565795309773.png1565795317867.png1565795328243.png

Richard Alexander McMullen
The victim was apparently a minor, so the records are not public. However, this redacted photo was posted as evidence.
EB6ClL7XYAAY1w3.jpg

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
The two people they're identifying in that tweet chain actually do appear to have criminal records.

Bram Sun-Lee Kleiman
Some of the charges are not public, but these 4 files are. Unfortunately, it's impossible to archive these pages, but they can be reached by visiting https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/criminal/partySearch.do and searching by his name.
View attachment 890396View attachment 890388View attachment 890389View attachment 890392

Richard Alexander McMullen
The victim was apparently a minor, so the records are not public. However, this redacted photo was posted as evidence.
View attachment 890398
Are these voice actors or just attendees?

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
I think it's funny that he's clear that they're not gonna break Canadian law, presumably because it's tougher to go after him internationally for US law.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Neither were VAs... Bram was just an attendee, and Alex was a sponsor, which as far as I can tell basically just means that he threw some money at them to get his name on stuff.
And so the drama is that they got in? What do they expect people to do background checks on everyone who attends? How the hell do they think cons are run?

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
And so the drama is that they got in? What do they expect people to do background checks on everyone who attends? How the hell do they think cons are run?
This is Vancouver we are talking about. Canada's Hollywood/California with all the identity politics, goony white knights, commuanarchists and social justice types who is making this as loud as possible to try and take down AniRevo. This wasnjust one among many crimes they have accused them of and they had hoped ANN's leaning will mean they will have a vocal media ally since KickVic

Tipsy Tea Cup

Doxxide of the Moon.
kiwifarms.net
Because Chris needs hard candy. Update on his business address. In french and english. Lo' and behold, BANDAI is a shareholder of ANN, you can't run Hori Shinsuke, I know how the Japanese hate drama. Welcome to drama.

Attachments

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino