Anime News Network (ANN), Christopher Macdonald & Co. - "Unbiased" Reporting on All Things Anime Related By Snobbish Quebec-Based Web Company

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Kurt appears to be some guy trying to read ANN articles on YouTube for views like those channels that are just bots reading news articles. Doubt he even knows who the hell Zac is.

He also has videos where he eats shirtless for some reason.

See, people don't give guys like Hero Hei and Yellow Flash enough credit :story:

This proves how full of shit ANN are when they claimed he was loved by “millions”. If he’s so loved by “millions” everywhere, why is the only video documenting his death is the one that doesn’t even have 50 views? You know someone who died and was actually loved by “millions” everywhere. Prince, and he was everywhere on social media. Compared to His Royal Badness, Zac was an atom of an atom.

I know this is hard for his family and they deserve my sympathies and condolences, but to try to portray Zac like he was the Roger Ebert of anime critics, a beloved figure in anime and a humanitarian who stood up for the LGBT community is stupid and delusional. You know who stood up for the LGBT and is loved by millions of anime fans? Vic, the same guy whose life Zac tried to ruin. So I don’t buy into this garbage that he was beloved in the anime community, and neither do a lot of people apparently.
By 'millions' they mean their small, insular, selective clique that numbers in the hundreds consisting of fringe people that mostly hang out on Twitter. To them, they represent the 'true' 'critical' anime fandom and there was a silent majority yearning for bitter commentary on anime. The topic about Zac's death is the most active I've ever seen the ANN forum in the past 7 years, and most people posting in it flat out admit they haven't visited ANN in over a decade He, and by extension, Hope, were from the pre-mainstream anime days. Hope especially was from the YouTube star era when YouTube wasn't profitable, which is what led to sites like TGWTG and Blip being profitable back then. But then YouTube did get popular and profitable come the 2010s, but by then she was washed up and stuck writing for ANN after her departure from TGWTG. Zac was from the Anime Turnpike days. Having a podcast or blog made you somewhat famous. Zac mentioned in the last year "I have to do YouTube now" referring to the Top 5 lists videos ANN has been making for a few months now, which only get like a few hundred views. He realized ANN is outdated and irrelevent and despite all his hate and eshewing of YouTube he's done over the years, trying to discredit and hate on YouTubers, he realized he was ultimately forced to bend the knee and join in himself. Hope also tried to go back into YouTubing, but she's complely irrelevent and only got a few thousand views which is why she had to get a day job. These are two bitter, miserable people who realize the anime community had left them behind ages ago.

Millions? No, that's for people like Gigguk, Lost Pause, Akidearest, The Anime Man, Nux Taku, and all the modern anime YouTubers. I'll even throw Mother's Cuckshed in there. You can call them cringy, and I certainly don't care for half of them myself, but they're positive and like to have fun (maybe not Geoff). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it upset Zac and Hope to see people like Lost Pause and Nux Taku being showed with praise by millions of viewers. They both grew up in an era where liking anime got you made fun of. Hell, I did too. I kept my otakuism a secret in high school because nobody knew what it was outside maybe a few guys who liked DBZ. And here are guys like Noble and Nux openly talking about sucking anime girl toes and being praised for their open pervertness and embracing of anime fanservice and ecchi elements.

I'm not surprised Zac committed suicide. He constantly eschewed YouTube like the aging boomer he was and haing to ultimately having to make content for it probably broke him as well as things like Orange Man, Vic Man, and other things (he was especially broken by Rise of Skywalker). And as morbid as it is, I wonder how long until Hope an heroes as well given that breakdown she tweeted a week or so ago.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
This proves how full of shit ANN are when they claimed he was loved by “millions”. If he’s so loved by “millions” everywhere, why is the only video documenting his death is the one that doesn’t even have 50 views? You know someone who died and was actually loved by “millions” everywhere. Prince, and he was everywhere on social media. Compared to His Royal Badness, Zac was an atom of an atom.

I know this is hard for his family and they deserve my sympathies and condolences, but to try to portray Zac like he was the Roger Ebert of anime critics, a beloved figure in anime and a humanitarian who stood up for the LGBT community is stupid and delusional. You know who stood up for the LGBT and is loved by millions of anime fans? Vic, the same guy whose life Zac tried to ruin. So I don’t buy into this garbage that he was beloved in the anime community, and neither do a lot of people apparently.
See, people don't give guys like Hero Hei and Yellow Flash enough credit :story:

By 'millions' they mean their small, insular, selective clique that numbers in the hundreds consisting of fringe people that mostly hang out on Twitter. To them, they represent the 'true' 'critical' anime fandom and there was a silent majority yearning for bitter commentary on anime. The topic about Zac's death is the most active I've ever seen the ANN forum in the past 7 years, and most people posting in it flat out admit they haven't visited ANN in over a decade He, and by extension, Hope, were from the pre-mainstream anime days. Hope especially was from the YouTube star era when YouTube wasn't profitable, which is what led to sites like TGWTG and Blip being profitable back then. But then YouTube did get popular and profitable come the 2010s, but by then she was washed up and stuck writing for ANN after her departure from TGWTG. Zac was from the Anime Turnpike days. Having a podcast or blog made you somewhat famous. Zac mentioned in the last year "I have to do YouTube now" referring to the Top 5 lists videos ANN has been making for a few months now, which only get like a few hundred views. He realized ANN is outdated and irrelevent and despite all his hate and eshewing of YouTube he's done over the years, trying to discredit and hate on YouTubers, he realized he was ultimately forced to bend the knee and join in himself. Hope also tried to go back into YouTubing, but she's complely irrelevent and only got a few thousand views which is why she had to get a day job. These are two bitter, miserable people who realize the anime community had left them behind ages ago.

Millions? No, that's for people like Gigguk, Lost Pause, Akidearest, The Anime Man, Nux Taku, and all the modern anime YouTubers. I'll even throw Mother's Cuckshed in there. You can call them cringy, and I certainly don't care for half of them myself, but they're positive and like to have fun (maybe not Geoff). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it upset Zac and Hope to see people like Lost Pause and Nux Taku being showed with praise by millions of viewers. They both grew up in an era where liking anime got you made fun of. Hell, I did too. I kept my otakuism a secret in high school because nobody knew what it was outside maybe a few guys who liked DBZ. And here are guys like Noble and Nux openly talking about sucking anime girl toes and being praised for their open pervertness and embracing of anime fanservice and ecchi elements.

I'm not surprised Zac committed suicide. He constantly eschewed YouTube like the aging boomer he was and haing to ultimately having to make content for it probably broke him as well as things like Orange Man, Vic Man, and other things (he was especially broken by Rise of Skywalker). And as morbid as it is, I wonder how long until Hope an heroes as well given that breakdown she tweeted a week or so ago.
While I’m sure his family and friends are hurting, I feel this could be the moment that proves how little ANN is in the grand scheme of things. I remember when Kobe Bryant died a few months ago, and I saw pretty much every basketball fan in America if not the planet in mourning, and some even said “now I understand why some people get so crushed over the death of celebrities”. Here’s the thing: you have to EARN that level of admiration and respect to get that outpouring of love from complete strangers. And ANN apparently seems that level from anime fans is some kind of birthright for them, unaware that they got where they are through sheer lack of competition and and their reputation has been in decline for years.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
While I’m sure his family and friends are hurting, I feel this could be the moment that proves how little ANN is in the grand scheme of things. I remember when Kobe Bryant died a few months ago, and I saw pretty much every basketball fan in America if not the planet in mourning, and some even said “now I understand why some people get so crushed over the death of celebrities”. Here’s the thing: you have to EARN that level of admiration and respect to get that outpouring of love from complete strangers. And ANN apparently seems that level from anime fans is some kind of birthright for them, unaware that they got where they are through sheer lack of competition and and their reputation has been in decline for years.
Kobe Bryant? That's a guy who died and was loved by millions everywhere, including family, friends and fans. Hell, even people who don't watch basketball know who he is.

Meanwhile, as of now, not a single ISWV YouTuber is even covering Zac's passing, so what does that tell you?

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kobe Bryant? That's a guy who died and was loved by millions everywhere, including family, friends and fans. Hell, even people who don't watch basketball know who he is.

Meanwhile, as of now, not a single ISWV YouTuber is even covering Zac's passing, so what does that tell you?
I know some who are aware of it, but I agree that I haven't seen a single one cover it.
Maybe it would be in bad taste?

• Informative
Reactions: HighwayStar

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Hope was originally part of the DesuDes Brigade but that was a bust. Then she went to TGWTG and then cheated on Nash. Fucked to get her stupid job at ANN, then she trooned out to deflect and apparently "really dark stuff" happened to the point that she is estranged from her family in Kentucky.

I don't understand how she can afford to live in California. Its fucking expensive. Now she's working at Crunchyroll?

She deserves to work as a grocery bagger like the rest of us who struggle with student loans and shit.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Hope was originally part of the DesuDes Brigade but that was a bust. Then she went to TGWTG and then cheated on Nash. Fucked to get her stupid job at ANN, then she trooned out to deflect and apparently "really dark stuff" happened to the point that she is estranged from her family in Kentucky.

I don't understand how she can afford to live in California. Its fucking expensive. Now she's working at Crunchyroll?

She deserves to work as a grocery bagger like the rest of us who struggle with student loans and shit.
She quit her CR gig months ago and I think she writes for ANN again, at least a couple reviews between her day job.

She lives in California becuase that's where all the bankrupt white liberal putz are told to live and starve in and then blame capitalism on why they can't live in Orange County with a single McDonalds cashier job.

Random Internet Person

Panzer Vor, motherfuckers!
kiwifarms.net
Didn’t JO say something about having to move back in after dropping out of college? Also I remember DDB being either Chapman sabotaged to get ahead, or was the only one there to show promise or take what they were doing seriously. JesuOtaku was just someone from the CA crew I just didn’t find interesting.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also I remember DDB being either Chapman sabotaged to get ahead, or was the only one there to show promise or take what they were doing seriously. JesuOtaku was just someone from the CA crew I just didn’t find interesting.
Only like a couple of the original DDB members have moved onto YouTube, Arkada and Professor Otaku, the others went on to do other things or moved on. If Hope sabotaged the group, wouldn't an ex-member know about it and maybe hold something against her for it?

• Agree
Reactions: I Love Beef

OneHandClapping

yamate itae
kiwifarms.net