Anime News Network (ANN), Christopher Macdonald & Co. - "Unbiased" Reporting on All Things Anime Related By Snobbish Quebec-Based Web Company

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Lynzee Loveridge passive aggressively trying to start shit with Todd again.

View attachment 2127419

Apparently Todd also told her she was unfit to be a journalist because she was too biased due to her being a feminist. Hello, Based Department?

View attachment 2128186

Good lord, these people are pathetic in every sense of the word.
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.52.19 AM.png

MakeAnimeGA

Salt Farmer
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2127419

Apparently Todd also told her she was unfit to be a journalist because she was too biased due to her being a feminist. Hello, Based Department?
Lynzee, people won't do interviews with you because you are an activist pretending to be a journalist. For example, see how you say that someone won't do an interview with you, and for the reason why you put quotes around the feminist part but not the sexual assault victim. That shows me that the person never referenced your assault, but you lump that in as if it was a reason.

The Token Ethnic

死、不幸、悲しみ。
kiwifarms.net
Seems like Todd is the next target if they fully win against Vic. ANN loonies were a mistake and I'm glad their lolcow thread is accelerating toward AWL and Cucksment levels of content.
Poor Todd had receipts and the public disregarded them due to the fact that Pridemore cried wolf. People and her friends in the industry took her side. Believe all women and ignore the evidence. Glad to see he had the balls to stand up to these fearmongers.

*UPDATE*
As for the Yasuke anime, people on ANN are calling out LeSean Thomas for taking the kickstarter money and not following through with backer rewards.
1619721832555.png
1619721869038.png

and there's an older twitter post calling him out as well:
1619722050956.png

Last edited:

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Poor Todd had receipts and the public disregarded them due to the fact that Pridemore cried wolf. People and her friends in the industry took her side. Believe all women and ignore the evidence. Glad to see he had the balls to stand up to these fearmongers.

*UPDATE*
As for the Yasuke anime, people on ANN are calling out LeSean Thomas for taking the kickstarter money and not following through with backer rewards.
View attachment 2128927
View attachment 2128930

and there's an older twitter post calling him out as well:
View attachment 2128946
What's this? LeSean is grifting people?
I thought ANN didn't like grifters?

albert chan

TWAIN 2024
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, Nick has exposed himself. It's from a couple days ago but needed to be posted
View attachment 2126429
Nagatoro’s friends are actually awesome, and quite frankly that thumbnail he used makes me like the orange/red head a whole lot more.

Nigga says he makes anime for casuals and not for hardcore anime fans, yet he moved to Japan just to make his shows. At least he knows that anime is made mostly in mind for Japanese audiences.
View attachment 2125744

I'm sure that your kurojin samurai mecha anime is better than Demon Slayer or Attack on Titan.
View attachment 2125750
Yasuke being like by casuals won’t really mean much, since if he’s talking about anime fans being black, I wonder if he’s aware that people would rather watch Samurai Champloo over this.

View attachment 2127419

>an active bias against feminists
I’m not sure what any of this has to do with being a journalist writing about anime for a living, but hey, whatever makes you sleep better at night :story:

What's this? LeSean is grifting people?
I thought ANN didn't like grifters?
Only the ones where they can’t dictate what type of fan service is “problematic” while protecting the rights of fictional 15 year olds in an isekai anime that they skimmed over while searching on Twitter.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
I'll give LeSean at least one point for creating new heroes and new settings. He's not race-swapping existing characters and patting himself on the back like what's going on in the US comics scene.

And on topic, ANN still sucks.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Nigga says he makes anime for casuals and not for hardcore anime fans, yet he moved to Japan just to make his shows. At least he knows that anime is made mostly in mind for Japanese audiences.
View attachment 2125744

I'm sure that your kurojin samurai mecha anime is better than Demon Slayer or Attack on Titan.
View attachment 2125750
Black people can't even make decent rap anymore. What hope does he have of making a good anime? Also, I hear that the "anime" was bad. Did they at least show the Japanese trying to wash the black off of the guy because they didn't think it was real? The guy wasn't even a true samurai or that good of a fighter.

I'd rather watch something on Benkei collecting peoples swords before he met Yoshitsune.

DumpTruck99

kiwifarms.net
Black people can't even make decent rap anymore. What hope does he have of making a good anime? Also, I hear that the "anime" was bad. Did they at least show the Japanese trying to wash the black off of the guy because they didn't think it was real? The guy wasn't even a true samurai or that good of a fighter.

I'd rather watch something on Benkei collecting peoples swords before he met Yoshitsune.
Racist cunt

albert chan

TWAIN 2024
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, I hear that the "anime" was bad. Did they at least show the Japanese trying to wash the black off of the guy because they didn't think it was real? The guy wasn't even a true samurai or that good of a fighter.
Well the only real review I could find was on YouTube:

It has been out for three days, but the comments section couldn’t tell if this were a sci-fi anime, a mecha anime, or a “Afro Samurai” ripoff.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Which is really weird. Was the first black samurai in Japan not a compelling enough story to tell? You needed giant robots to make it interesting?
Thing is though the actual story of the black guy wasn't that interesting. He wasn't a good fighter and was eventually captured and given back to missionaries to continue to live out his days as a slave. His only characteristics was that Oda Nobunaga thought he was interesting (because they've never seen dark skinned people before) and given some land. That, and given to Oda Nobunaga when the missionaries noticed that Oda Nobunaga found him interesting and wanted his good graces. Then again Oda Nobunaga was interested in European culture and customs. You could have given him a red headed concubine and get the same result.

Without that happening I doubt Oda Nobuhide would have turned to Christianity too.

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
@ LeSean's Kickstarter: Well Lynzee DOES have a point here, I can believe it.

View attachment 2133199
View attachment 2133201
Regarding rewards unfulfilled, I checked the KS, apparently people were still ranting about no artbooks (among other things) as recently as a month ago. Also, just a thought. If you took $150k for a kickstarter that basically never happened and then got a Netflix deal, couldn't you either make good on what was offered or just refund all the backers? I don't know what he was paid, but it seems like NetFlix could and would be able to eat an extra $150k (or less, depending on the actual cost of fulfilling everything) if they really liked his stuff.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
1620175573154.png
1620175683297.png

I love how there's a somewhat legitimate article that's only tainted with the least bit of white weeaboo off brand processed soy substitute, but the forums aren't going on fire, and the first post that the article has gotten is "Itano is a jew hater".

This is what ANN is really like when the consuum switch is off. Sorry Jonny, but you'd be better off making your own anime blog than posting your stuff on ANN.

Garren

kiwifarms.net
I'm just focused on the sidebar feed.

The ANN Aftershow? It's a YouTube podcast they've been doing for a while as ANNCast's successor (that ended when Zac passed away because they felt it was his thing and couldn't be without him). Focuses on the hosts discussing the latest episode of whatever shonen bigdog is currently airing (was AoT, now MHA), presumably because that's what gets YT views, though they do also talk a bit about whatever major anime news has came up. Hosts are Lynzee, that Jacki they have in charge of a videos, and a third guy (was James during AoT, for MHA he was replaced with some YouTuber that isn't an ANN employee).

albert chan

TWAIN 2024
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2143686View attachment 2143688

I love how there's a somewhat legitimate article that's only tainted with the least bit of white weeaboo off brand processed soy substitute, but the forums aren't going on fire, and the first post that the article has gotten is "Itano is a jew hater".

This is what ANN is really like when the consuum switch is off. Sorry Jonny, but you'd be better off making your own anime blog than posting your stuff on ANN.
Megazone 23 sounds like something I could get into, since I think the same people that did this also did Angel Cop. Still, I’m not sure how you can compare something like that to a more mainstream level anime like Evangelion.

Most of ANN’s fans only think Evangelion is 2deep4u and won’t touch something like Megazone 23.