Anime openings and closings you really like - aka "weeb out about your weeby anime music"

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
The second one has already been posted way back in the thread, but I want you to know I'm disappointed in you all for not posting the other good one.

Shame Bones can't figure out how to end a show well.

I always liked this one, not sure why, but it always appealed to me.

Because everything Yoko Kanno, that crazy mad woman, touches turns to gold.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
One that's stuck with me for years is the OP for Bokurano. Not a super well known series, I think, but certainly memorable if you saw it:

Probably already posted, but Paranoia Agent:

I like Ali Project in general, even outside of the world of anime openings, but all their Rozen Maiden OPs are pretty enjoyable, if a bit similar to each other:

Also their Code Geass end themes. I'm sure they've all been posted already, but the first one is pretty nice:

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
That's definitely my favorite, but the franchise had some other really standout tracks too, that are the soundtrack of pure happiness. The Tenchi Universe OP is so catchy and sticks in your head so much it should qualify as an illegal substance.

Or you can have it in hilariously mangled English if you prefer. Still just as insanely catchy and much easier for non-Japs to sing along to!
I know I've mentioned Sonia's English version of the Tenchi Universe OP before but I think it was in a thread that was specifically about alternate language versions of anime themes. Their English might not be perfect but it's still cool to have a dub theme performed by the original Japanese artists.

I can't think of too many other examples where the same band who did the original Japanese version of a theme song (when the song itself in Japanese) re-recorded it in English for the dub. I know MIO covered their Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory opening and closing themes, "Men of Destiny" and "Evergreen", in English as "Oblivion" and "Star Bright" respectively, although those versions existed long before the dub. The late Miki Matsubara also recorded an English version of her Gundam 0083 theme, "The Winner", as "Back to Paradise", but "Back to Paradise" appeared in English as insert songs twice in the Japanese version so it doesn't really count as a song recorded for the dub either. And finally for Gundam 0083, there's Jacob Wheeler's "Magic" which was in English all along.

• Feels
Reactions: Doctor Placebo
Tags
None