Anime openings and closings you really like - aka "weeb out about your weeby anime music"

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like "Tori no Uta" from AIR, and the 2nd opening of Urusei Yatsura from 1981 because it's so 70s and 80s simultaneously. Also the opening to Cowboy Bebop.

Reactions: Kurtains

TenMilesWide

It's a communist plot!
kiwifarms.net
Shit I remember years back there was this youtube video of an automario romhack that used the timing of the sound effects to play a mashup compilation of a load of anime openings. I like every song sampled in that track, just wish I could remember what it was called.

Clockwork_PurBle

"I got a B+ in lurking!"
kiwifarms.net
Assassination Classroom Season II, OP I: Question

Assassination Classroom Season II, OP II: Bye Bye Yesterday

Assassination Classroom Ending Theme: Hello, Shooting Star

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
S-CRY-ed has the same damn opening, just in different verses each time, and god, I could watch them all again and again.

The Kazuma ones remain the best though:

Welp, now I have this stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

• Winner
Reactions: DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
He's a playboy, she's a gynoid, they're going to make it work.
A man with no friends, only live for revenge
Live his life off the henge, cut, through a thousand men
Blade swing with the force of a cyclone
Cut crystal and bone, pistol and chrome
Stand in my path, you're a dead man
I cut the whole world in half for the Number One headband

Quest of a lonely soul, on a lonely road

• Winner
Reactions: DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The instrumental for the Gurren Lagan song, "Row Row Fight the Power" is quite incredible in terms of traditional Hip Hop instrumentals - if you beefed up the drums it would be an instant classic.
But the xanned-out vocoder remix is legit in my top 20.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure every JoJo OP and closer has been posted by now but look at all the fucks I give
Hiroaki Tominaga's voice is the stuff of legends. Like, my god he sounds like he could shatter concrete blocks with it. All the JoJo OPs/themes are pretty good or at least stupidly catchy (pretty much all of DiU's were absolute earworms).
Hiroaki Tominaga's SHIIIIINING JAAASTICE is quite literally the apex of the song though the rest of them carry the rest of it pretty well.
In terms of closers, Araki's fetish for fantastic music lends itself well here. Yes' Roundabout was one of my favorites BEFORE JoJo came along. After, it became that much more incredible because it was so perfect for closing out an episode. DiU's choice of Savage Garden's I Want You was absolutely amazing and perfect for the show's setting in feel IMO. Stardust Crusaders' use of The Bangles' Walk Like An Egyptian was fantastic, and then the switch to Pat Metheny Group's Last Train Home for the second SC arc (and ESPECIALLY THE CLOSER HOLY SHIT THAT SONG WITH HOW IT ALL SHOOK OUT) was a stunningly good choice. I'm still deciding how well I like what Golden Wind's offering, overall.

(I'm seriously not kidding when I say the photograph of the Stardust Crusaders, including Kakyoin, Avdol and Iggy, combined with Last Train Home was an amazing emotional gut-punch that I wasn't expecting from the remarkably silly-at-times JJBA series)

S4D4K0

あら!
kiwifarms.net
Otome Tasogare x AMNESIA - Karandorie :heart-full:
I adore this song all the more for its engrish track title.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Love how this song's so sexy and goofy at the same time:

The new Dororo's got some pretty neat music too:

As much as I'm not a fan of the Marvel animes overall, can't deny the OP of Blade was sweet:

Shway

kiwifarms.net
I've been in a FLCL mood lately, so I've been listening to The Pillows, but here is the ED to Alternative. It just seems so chill and upbeat.

I'm also surprised this wasn't posted, but another one I like is an ED for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've been watching the anime, as I originally watched it here and there when it was on Adult Swim, and I can't stop listening to it at all.

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Gurenge by LiSA

Guess Who Is Back by Koda Kumi

JUSTadICE by Seiko Omori

"Gospel Of The Throttle 狂奔REMIX ver." by Minutes Til Midnight

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
Is it wrong to post anime openings I hate?

I try to hurry up and skip to 2:30 to every One Piece episode I watch because I hate this kind of shit. Again, probably bad because I just hate weeb shit in general, but One Piece title theme and outros suck because they are just SO unfitting for the show

That being said, you gotta respect the best anime opening of all time

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino