Anime openings and closings you really like - aka "weeb out about your weeby anime music"

I'mFedupWithThisWorld

Done With All this Liberal Bullshit
kiwifarms.net
Higurashi: When They Cry's opening theme and Elfen Lieds is freaking amazing!

The first Season of Higurashi's theme, the second was trash in my opinion.

Inuyasha's opening theme was also pretty good, along with Bleach's first season opening theme.

Another's sucked though, it was awful. Umineko's was alright but not as good as Higurashi's.
Danganronpa's (the first one) was fire. Puella Magi Madoka Magica's end theme was freaking amazing!!

Deathnotes first season opening was pretty good.

Future Diary's was awesome especially the first time I watched it!

Sorry I used to watch a lot of anime before I started college so I know a lot of different Anime's. Hence I don't really have a specific favorite.

A lot of people love Death Note's OP1 & ED1 (and they're fantastic), but this is the one that really stuck with me:

Monster's ED is fantastic at setting the mood, if you ever watch it, make sure to watch the ED every episode.

This is probably the catchiest OP I've heard this year:

This opening pretty much put Attack on Titan on the map, I know so many people who were sold on the series the moment they saw it, so good at establishing the selling points of the series, and with a kick-ass track too.
Jonathan Young and LeeandLee did an AMAZING English cover to the Attack on Titan. Here are the links

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hatoful Dandy

Your Local Neko Girl GF

Big Fat Cat Tats
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really like Charlotte's OP, there's something about the singer's voice that I just find to be really relaxing and almost soothing. It's unfortunate that it's tied to a show that is mediocre at best:

IMO Vinland Saga's ED is really good:

Reactions: Draza

I'mFedupWithThisWorld

Done With All this Liberal Bullshit
kiwifarms.net

Also for reference here is the Japanese Counterpart ED to Monster - "Make it home"

The second Shiki Opening is the best one of the two in my opinion.
Speaking of which I got to voice Ritsuko in the abridged fandub version which I believe you can find on YouTube. At least I voiced her for a couple of episodes.

Hitagi Senjougahara

Those who get fooled are partially at fault.
kiwifarms.net
Some "recent" ones for me are these

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Death Parade

Monogatari Series: Second Season

And this one from Grenadier I really enjoyed from a while back, which made me a Mikuni Shimokawa fan.

• Winner
Reactions: Arm Pit Cream

Xarpho

Useful mask for exploring the Internet
kiwifarms.net
I really enjoy the Neon Genesis Evangelion preview music, it felt nostalgic and comfortable from the first time.

• Winner
Reactions: Arm Pit Cream

Hatoful Dandy

Minstrel of Sorrow
kiwifarms.net
Newsong by Tacica (Naruto Shippuden)

The opening itself was funny, but when you read the lyrics... :feels:

Trivia: this opening was used to help cheer viewers up after the 2011 Tsunami.

FeverGlitch

I'm Really Feeling It!
kiwifarms.net
I was always a fan of Samurai Champloo and its Opening/Ending track. The whole Soundtrack of that anime is pretty atmospheric and relaxing as well.

Reactions: Orion Balls

Token Weeaboo

Honest people don't need to remember anything
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first opening of Fire Force, the song and the animation look and sounded amazing. I've actually been impressed on how well the animation of Fire Force has been as a whole.

The story isn't turning out to be anything like Fate/Zero, but the Fate/Grand Order opening is pretty neat

Tags
None