Gross Anna Johnson / The Fit Vegan Ginger / Creation Nutrition / Anna's Organics Lynchburg - Jesus Freak, orthorexic, creator of vegan food monstrosities.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't help but think her parents gave her shit for being a chubby little kid, or at least made comments about her "soft tummy", compared her body to her sister's, made comments about her eating, etc. Some of those fundie/conservative parents are big on emphasizing the importance of beauty/being feminine to their daughters at a young age. Girls in fundie or conservative families are often seen as livestock to potentially marry off to a Nice Christian Man. Beauty pageants are pretty big among fundies, and are popular in the US South, including Virginia. Grooming starts very young.

There are a lot of parents out there who make tons of shitty comments to their daughters about their bodies from a very young age "because we don't want her to become too fat and ugly to get married one day". I'm talking making comments about their weight before they even enter kindergarten. This is a super common childhood experience for people with eating disorders. This doesn't justify ED behavior, but it definitely sets the perfect storm for it to develop.

Note the parents encouraged hobbies that are seen as ultra-feminine and require girls to remain small-- skating, dancing, etc. Anna probably learned to equate "small" with "good girl/ideal daughter/feminine/God's preference" at an early age. The constant idealization of small bodies came at her from home, her peers and from her coaches.

I don't think it's a coincidence that she went on her "health food journey" around the very same age where she likely started menstruating and started developing secondary sex characteristics. Girls often start menstruating once they've reached their adult height, which was likely early for Anna.

Biting my lip hard to avoid power leveling here. Parents, particularly conservative/religious ones, often have an extremely negative reaction to their daughters when they start menstruating. Once you menstruate, you're not "mommy's and daddy's little perfect baby girl", you become the Horrific Teenaged Girl who Will Become A Slut and you are treated accordingly even if you're an introverted perfectionist with a perfect report card. Intrusive and ridiculing body comments increase dramatically, mothers get more cold/rejecting/critical, fathers might suddenly stop being as affectionate, buying bras becomes a big humiliating family ordeal, your clothing is suddenly scrutinized for "being too slutty" whereas it wasn't just a few weeks before. It's hard to describe unless you've experienced it. Some girls will hide the fact they started their periods from their parents for months for this reason.

From her blog https://archive.fo/KApq2#selection-451.131-451.901

I'll hazard a guess and say she and her parents had a bad reaction when she had her first period around the age of 13. Headaches and body aches/pains are extremely common when girls start menstruating, as are stomach pains, severe gastrointestinal problems. Many girls in their teens start birth control pills and other medications specifically to counteract these kinds of symptoms. In her blog, she makes no discussion of ever seeing a gyn for symptoms that could have easily been attributed to endometriosis, PCOS, etc.. With all these "symptoms", why didn't she go to a gynecologist?

I also wonder how she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at such a young age-- my guess is that her parents complained to her pediatrician that she was gaining "too much weight too quickly". Weight gain despite exercising/eating healthy is usually one of the main symptoms of hypothyroidism, but it's usually identified in adults. Kids often gain weight quickly simply because they're growing. Pediatricians normally don't test for hypothyroidism unless the symptoms are pointed out to them, usually by pushy parents.

Some of this obvious enabling on the part of her parents is due to guilt. They probably know on some level that they set the perfect shit storm in place for this to develop.

When I read her blog, it surprises me how she mentions all these childhood health problems as if she diagnosed herself. It's as if she wants to deny that her parents had any involvement in her "diagnoses" and or identifying her "symptoms".

She's developed this elaborate myth to justify her eating disorder and the negative consequences of it.

Idk, I've heard the "fundie cult stuff turned her into a munchie" a lot in this thread and I really doubt it. Her sister is relatively normal so I think she's just a manipulative asshole.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
Idk, I've heard the "fundie cult stuff turned her into a munchie" a lot in this thread and I really doubt it. Her sister is relatively normal so I think she's just a manipulative asshole.
I’m surprised people keep bringing it up when her mom’s a minister. That’s anathema to fundamentalist Christians. It sounds like her dad is more religiously conservative, but he still married a female minister so he can’t be that fundie.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m surprised people keep bringing it up when her mom’s a minister. That’s anathema to fundamentalist Christians. It sounds like her dad is more religiously conservative, but he still married a female minister so he can’t be that fundie.

It's been a while since I've followed this thread but I think her parents are Unitarian ministers? Not exactly fire and brimstone types.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been a while since I've followed this thread but I think her parents are Unitarian ministers? Not exactly fire and brimstone types.
No. They are Methodists.

Her father belongs to the more conservative anti-gay marriage branch of the Methodist church and her mother the more mainstream sect of it.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
Not so hippie as that—they’re Methodist, but your point still stands.

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anna is back with a public account!

And wouldn't you know it - not only are those mean old docs taking Stella away, now she doesn't even have osteoporosis anymore! Three hard years of work on Nancy's part has resulted in Anna restoring her bone density. Now, you should still pity her because fake CF and numerous other diseases - didja know her intestines are NECROTIC? - but obviously she thanks baby Jesus for healing her. She's happy. She IS!
Screenshot_20201111-092137_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201111-092252_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201111-092121_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201111-092252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201111-092252_Chrome.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 137

multiverse

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anna writes a bunch of words about how - believe it or not - she is utterly unable to relax. Even though she practiced yoga taught yoga was the bestest teen yogi in in the world! But really, this is a strength, because she's just too devout to relax. Heathens. And her medical problems are too dangerous for her to ever relax, even though she is an informed patient a totally legit doctor always publishing papers as she is a doctor at the highest professional levels!
Screenshot_20201112-154000_Chrome.jpg

GrumbleBum2

kiwifarms.net
Anna writes a bunch of words about how - believe it or not - she is utterly unable to relax. Even though she practiced yoga taught yoga was the bestest teen yogi in in the world! But really, this is a strength, because she's just too devout to relax. Heathens. And her medical problems are too dangerous for her to ever relax, even though she is an informed patient a totally legit doctor always publishing papers as she is a doctor at the highest professional levels!
View attachment 1725649
Good lord, she’s a tedious pontificating twat. I can deal with the horrorshow stevia-riddled compost piles passed off as food, the abominable lies and manipulation to dodge responsibility for the raging ED and the tawdry family of origin issues, typical munchie bullshit, no problem. The infernal sermonising, however, is just fucking painful. I hate to kink shame lol but DDlg shit is bad enough without getting Jesus involved.

multiverse

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And right before Anna was supposed to have another dramatic surgery, and right before the holidays (her favorite time to have a full health meltdown and force mom to her bedside whilst refusing food for a month), she privated her instagram.
Screenshot_20201122-123703_Chrome.jpg

What narcissistic injury caused this? Did they tell her no more surgeries until she gets ED treatment? Did getting Stella taken away cause a tantrum the likes of which we've never seen? Did her family dare to make holiday plans that they won't cancel for her this time? We'll just have to wait, and see.

Questionable Ceviche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Anna really only have 576 followers now? At her height, she was quite a bit more than that, right? This gives me hope that more people around her are cottoning on to her bullshit.
Middle class WASP female munchies are a dime a dozen on social media. There's nothing special or outstanding about Anna's account. She's not particularly charismatic, doesn't post cool or interesting photos, isn't doing product promotion, and isn't on the social justice bandwagon. Her page is irrelevant to most people that aren't in this very narrow circle of either hate-following or in the "hiding their anorexia with Jesus and also Munchausen" camp. She has no friends and heavily moderates her comments, making it difficult for people to actually engage with her.

All of her pictures are of her as a pity-party goblin or a manic goblin. All of her texts posts are the same megalomania with a smear of basic bitch bible studies on top to hide it. At least her vegan 'recipes' were original, albeit horrifying, content.

tl;dr: Her social media is boring as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if almost all of her followers were either her family, bots and abandoned accounts, and people who hate-watch her.

rongeromy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And right before Anna was supposed to have another dramatic surgery, and right before the holidays (her favorite time to have a full health meltdown and force mom to her bedside whilst refusing food for a month), she privated her instagram.
Strangely, she’s just been posting nature photos with boring captions.
627BBE46-B7EC-4341-8355-62B61087929B.jpeg

They’re all like this. No reference to illness or the holidays or anything dramatic.

multiverse

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Anna really only have 576 followers now? At her height, she was quite a bit more than that, right? This gives me hope that more people around her are cottoning on to her bullshit.
She did have almost 3k at one point. Then she purged (heh) most of them during one of her privatization periods, probably around a year ago. She doesn't seem to be accepting many new requests; her follower count has pretty much stagnated. She's torn between wanting attention and sympathy, and wanting to avoid anyone making fun of her. The problem is that she gained a lot of weird internet notoriety in her teen years for her stint as The Fit Vegan Ginger
Weird. I wonder if somethings Really Super wrong. Like, that actually scared her. Idk her cycles very well tho.
More like is, she's pouting.

She threw everything she had at her audience and family this year: EMERGENCY surgery that she definitely needs now now now! Repetitive stress injury! All during COVID when she, who definitely has CF, is mega vulnerable! Long stories about how brave she is!

But none of it poured attention or sympathy her way - at least, in insufficient amounts. And if her family didn't make special accommodations for her this weekend, moreso than they usually do, she'll be in a major strop.