Another Idiocracy Prophecy Come True?

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was supposed to be a comedy, but it was actually a prophecy.

If you watch any sports (or any amount of TV at all), you will now regularly see a talking ass advertising SeatGeek. Yes, a moving, inflating, bouncy ass. I hate these commercials and find them disturbing and not phunny in any way whatsoever. Upon seeing one for the first time, I couldn't help but flash back to Idiocracy where the #1 movie was Ass. And here we are today, watching an actual ass (usually reserved for politicians) talking to us on TV and asking us to consoooom.

Does anyone else find this as perverse as I do, or is my autism in overdrive?

Idiocracy
ASSonesheet.jpg

2021-11-18_9-32-38.jpg

SeatGeek
seatgeek.jpg

Last edited:

Haim Arlosoroff

We all failed to secure the existence of Linconia.
kiwifarms.net
It is a sign that we are not going to space, or if we are it going to be Elysium rather than The Expanse.

This movie is going to see a revival, it suffered only because it was correct too soon. This is the real comedy movie, a hyper-polluted earth with a Hydraulic Empire economy. Forever. Imagine the ending of this movie, but the station runs out of supplies after a week and everyone on board the station turns into a Mad Max in space while the Earth continues to decline.

Last edited:

The Gangster Computer

[cue vent. starts speaking angry nonsense sounds.]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is a sign that we are not going to space, or if we are it going to be Elysium rather than The Expanse.

This movie is going to see a revival, it suffered only because it was correct too soon. This is the real comedy movie, a hyper-polluted earth with a Hydraulic Empire economy. Forever.
So its like A World Out of Time but with more Tank Girl and Mad Max influences?

Haim Arlosoroff

We all failed to secure the existence of Linconia.
kiwifarms.net
So its like A World Out of Time but with more Tank Girl and Mad Max influences?
Moreso like Brave New World or Profession but with more Robocop and Escape from L.A. influences? Maybe Judge Dredd crossed with Cube?

We're going to be on a ruin of a world, fanatically loyal to a complicated bureaucratic system formerly running a Planned Economy but gradually becoming political until we're all stuck eating bug & pea protein in dim lighting, playing free gaming consoles and getting micro-loans for in-game purchases, sitting in one-room 3D printed concrete and metal housing pods with straw-like cushions somewhat softening where we sit and sleep, and speaking a sort of hyper politically-correct english for the omnipresent voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service that charges by the question. Sexuality will become a commodity, but no-one will ever love you or miss you when you're gone.

And the most entertaining time of your day will be watching the Black People Complaining Channel where you can watch Police Robots just gutting and torturing Blacks who just will not comply with their instructions like a White would, it will be the most popular channel and eventually the only channel. Everyone will pretend to watch it unironically, but it is only watched ironically. All humor in the future is derived from attempts to mask this fact. People will take personal pride in compliance because of this, thinking the non-complaint people are subhuman directly because they are non-compliant.

IMG_8212.GIF

No matter what, it's still better than watching an actual ass telling me to consooom.
No, there are still lower levels to Hell which we can bring to this life. Lesser existences which you alone notice the cold emptiness to. Deeper pits that eventually are sealed against escape, populated by lesser and lesser people until no resources can be used to improve the situation as they are being used to sustain things in complicated unfixable states of half-repair and inefficiency. Just a human hive that exists merely to persist ever evolving people ever downward into lumps of dimmer and dimmer awareness until the system eventually runs the earth dry and fails. Hell doesn't have to be horror and pain my friend, the real depth is in the complete inability to improve or understand your surroundings. That is the true despair, watch an old person truly realize they have dementia and the futility of fixing it.
IMG_8410.GIF

Last edited: