Another KickStarter.... this time for a book -

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
I actually do think that Chris's life and the following he has amassed through his trolling could be the subject of a great documentary or book (though this barely literate poser keeps calling their project a novel), but it seems that the subject matter doesn't attract the people capable of pulling off such a feat. Had the author already written the book, included some sample chapters in the campaign, and was seeking funds to self publish, that would be one thing. But this shit is what happens each time.

welcometotherock

Chanticleer Hegemony
kiwifarms.net
I don't think that's a strong argument: explain to me how trying to make money (up to 20k) out of Chris is less bad than being a wiin trying to get some lulz and troll "fame" out of it. I think both are equally despicable but at least wiins don't try to pretend they are professionals/artists.
The difference here is that this "project" is so half-baked and quarter-assed that only a complete and total idiot would donate money to this cause. The Idea Guys extorted 6 grand out of Chris. I don't think this idiot's gonna make it past $200. The intent is obviously detestable, but at least there's no /direct/ harm or annoyance going Chris's way.

SpeedBaller

kiwifarms.net
I actually do think that Chris's life and the following he has amassed through his trolling could be the subject of a great documentary or book (though this barely literate poser keeps calling their project a novel), but it seems that the subject matter doesn't attract the people capable of pulling off such a feat. Had the author already written the book, included some sample chapters in the campaign, and was seeking funds to self publish, that would be one thing. But this shit is what happens each time.
Absolutely, there is something about Chris that is intrinsically fascinating and at times hilarious as well as pathetic. If you told me a while ago that I would be really interested in following the life of some autistic tranny who looks like Ben Franklin, I would have said BS.

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
  1. Making your own Sonichu Medallions, as if people couldn't just make them at home at that point
  2. Being this egotistical
  3. having this little apparent care for the source material or why anyone it drawn to CWC
20 bucks says it's because the guy noticed the uptick in Shallow Introduction to Chris-Chan No. 5048 videos from every edgy youtuber ever, like fuck even Pewdiepie did one.

Cast Away

Fanning the flames
kiwifarms.net
T
There's a great documentary series on Chris Chan on YT, and the dude did it for free. I believe it's called The Chronicles of Chris Chan

Reactions: Super Colon Blow

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
T
There's a great documentary series on Chris Chan on YT, and the dude did it for free. I believe it's called The Chronicles of Chris Chan
I've seen it and I think it's okay. I'm not sure if an exhaustively comprehensive documentary like that one is the way to go. I can understand why people might think otherwise given the "no shit is too minor" mantra, but I think a focused, two hour film can be built culled from Chris's story. I don't see why people think this should be longer than Ken Burns's Civil War.

Bon Bon

My name is Amanda Hugankiss, this is my story.
kiwifarms.net
Genosamuels' series is good for a guided tour through all the major beats in Chris' life, and you can sort of use that as a jump off point for further cwcki browsing, I think.
But at the same time I think Chris has changed so much it's not really fun to exhaustively document everything anymore, he's about on the scale of any other crazy lolcow, and people trying to reiterate like 2007-2009 of christory again as if it's still fresh are real out of touch with the exact source material they're pulling from wholesale.

Cardenio

Bizarro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There has been people a lot worse than Chris exploited for personal gain.

We can overreact all we want, someday someone will pull it off.
I still dream of a Wener Herzog documentary.

I've seen it and I think it's okay. I'm not sure if an exhaustively comprehensive documentary like that one is the way to go. I can understand why people might think otherwise given the "no shit is too minor" mantra, but I think a focused, two hour film can be built culled from Chris's story. I don't see why people think this should be longer than Ken Burns's Civil War.
Very much agree, we have the Cwciki and you can hop onto a random 4chan thread or here where there will be kind souls who will act as tutors in Christory.

A Chris Chan documentary needs to be focused.

Knojkamarangasan_#4

EVIL TOXIC NARCISSIST
kiwifarms.net
Dox in 1...2...3
(When will these people learn, oh and the mispellings really is the cherry on top)
Like god if you wanna talk about Chris fucking do it nobody is stopping you, what makes people pissed off is asking money for it, I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT MEing and so on...

Reactions: Super Colon Blow

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
kiwifarms.net
As I said before the Kiwi Hard Drive Massacre, this shit is barely even threadworthy.

One more fat autist who claims to have an English degree and delusions of authorhood (since he can't even use correct grammar or syntax on his fucking kickstarter) discovers Chris Chan for the first time, and decides without any actual research that this is gonna make his fortune. Like the rest, he'll get 5% of his goal at best and sink below the waters of the Internet with nary a ripple. NEXT!

Z

ZX 008

kiwifarms.net
There are some interesting angles an author could take with this that might give the book more widespread appeal, although I doubt the creator of this Kickstarter would pursue any of them. Chris would make a pretty good case study on the failures of the US education system, he's basically fallen through every crack there is when it comes to management of students on the spectrum. Coupled with his parent's unwillingness to address his issues early on it was all but written that he would end up this way.

Slowinthemind

Riding the rickshaw of short buses
kiwifarms.net
There are some interesting angles an author could take with this that might give the book more widespread appeal, although I doubt the creator of this Kickstarter would pursue any of them. Chris would make a pretty good case study on the failures of the US education system, he's basically fallen through every crack there is when it comes to management of students on the spectrum. Coupled with his parent's unwillingness to address his issues early on it was all but written that he would end up this way.
A book like that needs to be written by an unbiased expert, not someone with an English degree that cannot spell.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino