Anthem - EA’s next PR disaster after BF 5

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
So this game comes out next month.
The problem is that EA does everything in their might to fuck this up so might as well post this.

831B4F57-4A2E-40F0-8485-65C86C499804.jpeg
91A37687-57DE-4B99-AA09-03A90B15CBA9.jpeg
As you can see the game will have 5 (FIVE) different versions at launch (suck it, Pokémon).

Problem is that people who bought the most expensive version won’t have access to 2 trial periods while the PC version gets one more trial period than console gamers before launch.

To top it off it looks like 2 of the versions won’t get access to the full game lmao

So EA is shitting in the womb before the baby can breath fresh air

Here are some responses
68F612B1-BE78-4419-8542-F511ACA20D31.jpeg
69020AE7-EFBE-4E98-9F06-0C22802558E0.jpeg
34DBF6A2-DF3A-4924-AB8E-EB8DFB5BED35.jpeg

Seems like EA learned a lot from Battlefield 5

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
TORTANIC

BioWare Austin doesn't know how to do anything right

Big ups to their art team for making that yellow and black "javelin" warframe look just like HK-47, because they're creatively bankrupt.

View attachment 653836
Well if you have EA executives pointing a gun to your head 24/7 to make this game a commercial success then creativity is the last thing that’ll come out of you

Fuzhou

I wanna fill my Hobbit Hole.
kiwifarms.net
As you can see the game will have 5 (FIVE) different versions at launch (suck it, Pokémon).
Something with this. It's not five different versions. Only 2 (Standard and Legion of Dawn).

The other 3 things are related to EA's "EA Access" & "Origin Access" subscription services.

EA Access and Origin Access Basic both get 10 hours of Early Access one week before the game launches to the public on February 22

Origin Access Premier members get access to the entire game on the 15th.

Standard and Legion of Dawn preorders get it the same day, there are just extra skins and stuff for Legion of Dawn preorders.

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cr1tikal did a three part series of him and some friends trying to play it and it was a mighty clusterfuck. People spent hours just trying to get into the game; the loading screens would lock, the Origin server would crash and even pressing the menu button in game made the whole thing crash.

Then you finally see the game and it looks like Mass Effect Andromeda and Warframe had a bastard child.

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
Something with this. It's not five different versions. Only 2 (Standard and Legion of Dawn).

The other 3 things are related to EA's "EA Access" & "Origin Access" subscription services.

EA Access and Origin Access Basic both get 10 hours of Early Access one week before the game launches to the public on February 22

Standard and Legion of Dawn preorders get it the same day, there are just extra skins and stuff for Legion of Dawn preorders.
So EA expects that their 50 IQ audience will make the right choice?

A confused customer is a customer that won’t buy.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net

It's convoluted bullshit, you shouldn't have had to make 4 different sentences to explain the multiple versions, just like BioWare shouldn't have had to make a 20-cell spreadsheet explaining content & date partitions. It should have been "$20 more and you get a week headstart to fuck teh plebs over with!" and that's not what people got.

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
Damn, I thought we were gonna discuss the Ayn Rand novella. At only like 70 pages it's one of her shortest (and as a result straight to the point and light on sperging) work.

Not a Randroid by any means but it's her one work I recommend as general social science fiction.

Last edited:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw 10 minutes of demo gameplay and I feel I've already seen the entire game in Destiny/The Division/Warframe. You jet around until you find some generic mooks and then hold M1 in their direction until the red bar above them shrinks away and they flop over. Occasionally some piddly grenades are thrown and some characters I don't know babble about their quest objectives. It doesn't seem to do anything differently except provide a less instanced world than its peers. The core gameplay clearly hasn't been meaningfully improved over them.

Besides the gameplay, it bothers me how many people have no issue with EA selling an alpha build for a game just months before launch (like they did with BFV) and then excusing the flaws in the demo sold weeks before release because it's "out of date" as if the point of a demo isn't to sample the full game. Fuck these kikes. If this is an alpha, the game's development has clearly been a fucking mess.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got into Warframe several months ago and it's crazy amazing. Pretty much everything can be earned in game by blueprints and crafting. This includes skins. You can also trade with other players, so if you're into that you can trade rare cards and mods for the in-game currency. So if you're dead set on not buying anything, you can pick up rares and uniques and sell them to other players. Without spending a dime. I should say though that some cosmetics you must buy with real money through Steam, but they're user made like DotA 2. So it's not all bad as if you have a favorite designer, they get a cut for their Warframe skin they made.

The in game currency can buy you weapons and such, but it is a co-op shooter. So it's not like pay 2 win. It does have a PvP mode but most rarely bother with it as the game is not designed around it.

Anthem looks and plays like a worse version of Warframe with worse lore. Warframe lore is pretty interesting. My advice is that you try Warframe first (you get bonuses if you have Twitch Prime) and see if you like it. Then just watch footage of Anthem. Because Warframe has a fully developed economy you don't have to spend money on and a staggering amount of content for free.

Tl;dr: I will stick with Warframe and a good dev rather than pay Bioware and EA.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino