Anthem - EA’s next PR disaster after BF 5

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
The CM refused to reply. Also according to Twitter, the program's TOS demands that all criticism be "honest" and "constructive" which suggests gggmanlives's negative criticism played a hand:
What kills me about this is that gggmanlives says at the end that there is something beneath the game's issues and that if EA managed to iron them out then it would be something decent. Even better, he brings up Rainbow Six: Siege as an example, saying he hated it at first but UbiSoft eventually turned it into something great.

Saying there's nothing constructive about the review is just being dishonest.

Apologies for the double post, but gggmanlives reuploaded his review. He states in the intro that he's re-edited it because it was deemed too negative, but re-editing also made him go over what other people were saying and compare it with his own thoughts.

He still doesn't like the game though.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
This is reportedly from a German store in which new releases go for 60 euros.
EDIT: This photo may be shopped and given a faked bargain bin look. See posts below.
upload_2019-2-24_0-19-39.png

I own Baldur's Gate 2, but I could never get into really playing it, since I'm not a big fan of DnD rules. I know these games mean a lot to many people, therefore I feel for those that enjoyed these classics.
Honestly despite the constant Bioware nostalgia wanking, if you didn't grow up with the games it'll probably be hard to get into now and i say this as someone who still owns the original BG CD's and manuals. Most of Bioware's games have extremely dated systems compared to modern gaming, which makes sense since BG is 2 decades old at this point. Bioware has been creatively bankrupt for almost a decade now and people need to let it go.

and valygar, with the ancestor who built the planar sphere
and bodhi at irenicus' side
and sarevok joining you again

fuck it, i'm gonna start another playthrough of bg2 tomorrow.
it's just so good. modern games can't compete
Khalid and Jarheria, Minsc and Dynaheir, Quayle and Aerie (+ Your kid if you romance her), Sarevok kills your foster father to you and your sister, even Xzar and Montoran. There are so many family themes i never even thought about as a kid.

I quit my most recent play through of BG during siege of dragonspear release. It bugged my game during a quest in which the main character dies (game over) if it's not completed in a certain timeframe. The person who curses your character kept respawning and cursing the character with each new fog of war.

All so i could learn about a poor opressed tranny in a world with sex-change magic. Fuck you Beamdog.

Last edited:

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 674507

Honestly despite the constant Bioware nostalgia wanking, if you didn't grow up with the games it'll probably be hard to get into now and i say this as someone who still owns the original BG CD's and manuals. Most of Bioware's games have extremely dated systems compared to modern gaming, which makes sense since BG is 2 decades old at this point. Bioware has been creatively bankrupt for almost a decade now and people need to let it go.

Khalid and Jarheria, Minsc and Dynaheir, Quayle and Aerie (+ Your kid if you romance her), Sarevok kills your foster father to you and your sister, even Xzar and Montoran. There are so many family themes i never even thought about as a kid.

I quit my most recent play through of BG during siege of dragonspear release. It bugged my game during a quest in which the main character dies (game over) if it's not completed in a certain timeframe. The person who curses your character kept respawning and cursing the character with each new fog of war.

All so i could learn about a poor opressed tranny in a world with sex-change magic. Fuck you Beamdog.
Who said Anthem would take 3 months to go on sale?

How about 1 day?

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw this image and wanted to post it, but I think it might be shopped. The "39.-" looks kind of off, there's strange artifacts around it and when you open the shop's internet presence, it says the game is 69 Euro... if this turns out to be true, though... holy fuck.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
I saw this image and wanted to post it, but I think it might be shopped. The "39.-" looks kind of off, there's strange artifacts around it and when you open the shop's internet presence, it says the game is 69 Euro... if this turns out to be true, though... holy fuck.
Hmmm, I would hope i haven't been bamboozled, but it's possible. I would think the bargain bin placement lends credence to the picture, but those bins opposite are extremely shallow so it wouldn't be hard to fake... I'll edit my post to reflect this.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm, I would hope i haven't been bamboozled, but it's possible. I would think the bargain bin placement lends credence to the picture, but those bins opposite are extremely shallow so it wouldn't be hard to fake... I'll edit my post to reflect this.
Origin of the image seems to be this post:
link

There's (for lack of a better word) reputable gaming news sites in Germany that mention this too.
So, it seems like this isn't a fake after all.

Turbo Story.png

Raging Capybara

kiwifarms.net
Someone is really happy that gggmanlives's video is removed (Archive)
View attachment 673895
Archiving his twitter account revealed that his account was archived months ago, and searching his account in archive.fo revealed that he has a really hard rageboner against Totalbiscuit
hey guys! The xbox version of this game runs so smoothly. unlike you shitty PC, my powerful xbox one x master 360 plus special edition S featuring dante from devil may cry runs this game at 144 frames per second in 8k!

xboxtrashframerate.jpg

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually watched the original Gggmanlives review and he was critical, but I wouldn't call it overtly negative. At least compared to reviews done by the other dozen reviewers I've listened to (they make for excellent background noise while working), Ggg's video was pretty tame.Hell, even goddamn Dreamcast Guy sounded more vitriolic and that guy typically is about as threatening as a Care Bear wielding a nerf bat.

All the same, I'm not surprised EA would try and pull his review. The EA "Game Changers" program from day one sounded like nothing but a giant EA & Bioware fantard circlejerk.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
EDIT: This photo may be shopped and given a faked bargain bin look. See posts below.
View attachment 674507

Also Baldur's Gate is mostly about the same writing quality as their current stuff. It's just that was really good in the late 90's-early 2000's instead of crappy and clichéd like it is in CURRENT YEAR.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
Also Baldur's Gate is mostly about the same writing quality as their current stuff. It's just that was really good in the late 90's-early 2000's instead of crappy and clichéd like it is in CURRENT YEAR.
I remember all of the characters from Baldur's Gate to this day. There isn't a single character in Anthem that you remember the name of

Smug Chuckler

Rape Joke Man
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 674507

online catalog has at 70ish

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino