Anthem - EA’s next PR disaster after BF 5

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My theory is, like Destiny, they needed to start from scrap at some point and just did not have the time to actualy put substance into anything, and the enire lootboxes fiasco made the weapon ballance go to shit.
I think the root problem is that their design is a decade obsolete. Anthem feels like the hottest game of E3 2009.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
My theory is, like Destiny, they needed to start from scrap at some point and just did not have the time to actualy put substance into anything, and the enire lootboxes fiasco made the weapon ballance go to shit.
It's a company trying to branch off into a genre they've no experience in (possibly EA forcing them to) and failing to utilize the changes and updates made to vanilla Destiny and The Division that made them less shit despite having plenty of time to.

Destiny and TD were basically the beginning of the looter-shooter as a genre (games like Borderlands and Dead Island came first but the former was the first and for a long time only one while the latter was a massive pile of shit that bombed almost immediately) and thus can use the excuse that they needed time to find their footing to explain why they were utterly terrible at launch. Destiny 2 as well can use the excuse (albeit to a much, much, much less extent). Anthem has none. It's had what, 5, 6 years to observe these other games and learn from them and they didn't. It's like if everyone else has advanced to building houses out of bricks and you're still trying to sell them straw only to realize your mistake and pray you have enough time to fix it before the few remaining dissatisfied customers you still have bail.

They gotta hope that people are stupid and weak-willed enough to stay invested in their game that released (with no excuse) in a vanilla state long enough to make it actually worthwhile enough to play. And that's gonna be extremely difficult to do given they also have to address the numerous bugs and other problems the game has such as the abundance of overly long loading screens that take up half the fucking game or the boring-ass combat that never changes or evolves in any significant manner. The only possible audience I can see for this garbage is super autists who play nothing but looter-shooters but even those are probably just gonna jump ship to TD2 which releases in a couple weeks.

Snake of Diamond

Hiss...whatever
kiwifarms.net
It's almost humanly insulting how generic the game was but people (at least some) got to shade before the sun was out. Nobody seemed liked they knew what the game was supposed to be and this isn't just this game's problem so many games nowadays by mostly AAA developers and publishers have no real direction so they think throwing half baked ideas into a bucket and trying to force it together by mercilously beating it with a sledgehammer will create a full game instead of you know......a broken mess of a bunch of different and vapid ideas.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

So not only is the game crap but it shuts off PS4s at random. When that happens too often it fucking wreck your PS4 too.

Imagine being that dumb asshole that actually buys broken shit games like FO76 or Anthem. Then you get banned for suspected hacking after putting in 900 hours or it just fucking destroys your console. It's like the Darwin Awards with video games. If you actually buy Anthem you deserve whatever's coming to you because you're the same kind of stupid fucker who would fall for pyramid schemes. In the future we will have triple A games straight up blowing up consoles with shills on Reddit writing out defenses on their iPhones from the hospital that it's perfectly playable as long as you sit away further from the TV to minimize the bleeding.

Last edited:

SiccDicc

See you next fall...
kiwifarms.net

So not only is the game crap but it shuts off PS4s at random. When that happens too often it fucking wreck your PS4 too.

Imagine being that dumb asshole that actually buys broken shit games like FO76 or Anthem. Then you get banned for suspected hacking after putting in 900 hours or it just fucking destroys your console. It's like the Darwin Awards with video games. If you actually buy Anthem you deserve whatever's coming to you because you're the same kind of stupid fucker who would fall for pyramid schemes. In the future we will have triple A games straight up blowing up consoles with shills on Reddit writing out defenses on their iPhones from the hospital that it's perfectly playable as long as you sit away further from the TV to minimize the bleeding.
Shit, I wonder if this is the PS4 being corrupted from constant unexpected shutdowns or a Red Ring of Death scenario where the PS4 is overheating because of piss poor optimization... I haven't seen a game do this in years, not even eurojank. Bravo Bioware, fucking bravo. I tip my hat to you.

DeathStork

kiwifarms.net
I played it and it's fun, I feel like most people are praising it just because they want Respawn to survive until it can make Titanfall 3. Also Wraith makes my willy feel nice. The game feels like a handicapped version of Titanfall 2 without the wall run and stuff but I like the jumpy slide especially when it's paired with Pathfinder, who is the grappling hook guy. I had a good time playing with friends even if I can't kill shit and I keep finding bloody Mozambiques everywhere. Try it out and then fumigate your computer because bloody Origin is holding the game hostage.

EDIT: wrong fucking thread, i was talking about apex legends.

Last edited by a moderator:

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

You know, one argument that I see being raised against some indy titles is that they sometimes are poorly optimized and buggy and in terms of game-breaking bugs, Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a bit of a nuisance, but it was patched and most kinks got resolved...
That being said, I have never, ever played an indy title that fucking wrecked my rig.

This is a new low. Being banned after 900 hours is absurd, having your console shut down and just be broken is inacceptable.

Then again, EA is the company that allegedly killed someone's father via a faulty subscription-billing system.
It's just a rumor from years ago related to a billing error that actually happened, but essentially, EA had a system that would deduct the cost of a player's subscription from their bankaccount automatically. At some point, there was a bug that deducted the cost for the subscription repeatedly (several dozens of times, in fact), in some cases until the bank-account was dry.
One guy claimed that this lead to his electricity-bill bouncing, which meant that his electricity-company cut the power to his house. Unfortunately, his father was hooked up to some medical device, which was necessary for him to live (like a breather or possibly some sort of medical emergency alert thingy) and without power, he died.

There were also some rumors that EA did this intentionally to boost their data for their quarterly fiscal report.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only other game I can remember that straight up bricked people's consoles was NISA's terrible PS4 port of The Witch and The Hundred Knight.

GG Bioware.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Bioware started going downhill after BG2, to be honest.

While the Aurora Engine for Neverwinter Nights was groundbreaking, the single-player campaign was so poorly written it was a shock. If you couldn't tell fifteen minutes in which NPC was going to fuck you in the ass, you were officially thicker than Christmas gravy.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
I will give it a month till EA promises to fix Anthem by announcing a very more mediocre and buggy sequel.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
I doubt it'll warrant sequel money. Their 90 day plan is a couple open world events and a single new dungeon. I guarantee its half finished shit that was intended for release.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
You know, one argument that I see being raised against some indy titles is that they sometimes are poorly optimized and buggy and in terms of game-breaking bugs, Kingdom Come: Deliverance was a bit of a nuisance, but it was patched and most kinks got resolved...
That being said, I have never, ever played an indy title that fucking wrecked my rig.

This is a new low. Being banned after 900 hours is absurd, having your console shut down and just be broken is inacceptable.

Then again, EA is the company that allegedly killed someone's father via a faulty subscription-billing system.
It's just a rumor from years ago related to a billing error that actually happened, but essentially, EA had a system that would deduct the cost of a player's subscription from their bankaccount automatically. At some point, there was a bug that deducted the cost for the subscription repeatedly (several dozens of times, in fact), in some cases until the bank-account was dry.
One guy claimed that this lead to his electricity-bill bouncing, which meant that his electricity-company cut the power to his house. Unfortunately, his father was hooked up to some medical device, which was necessary for him to live (like a breather or possibly some sort of medical emergency alert thingy) and without power, he died.

There were also some rumors that EA did this intentionally to boost their data for their quarterly fiscal report.
They're just making sure Bethesda does not take their place for being the worst video game company ever.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe they said that they had a 10-year plan for the Bob Dylan of video games. The roadmap for the next few months is quite empty.
Maybe they just had a 2 year plan of making a game and the rest of the 10 years is scheduled to be used for heroin-infused parties with all the dosh they made by selling it?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino