Anthem - EA’s next PR disaster after BF 5

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
By all accounts EA gave Bioware every chance and advantage. The only corporate mandated thing was the choice of engine, and you can't pin the games failings on that alone.

They had six damn years and had their key mobility shit like flight active with only months to go.
They gave the worms infesting Bioware's corpse every chance after they murdered the previous user of the body.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Caddchef

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And that's going to be a liver service game, so might as well get those F keys at the ready.
Supposedly EA refuses to greenlight anything that doesn't have a live service multiplayer component. There's an old CDPR AMA on Reddit where they talked about approaching EA before settling on WB games as a publisher for Witcher 3 and EA turned them down because they wouldn't include a multiplayer function.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, aside from the whole lootbox profitability thing it allows EA to continue putting always-online DRM in their games without all the backlash they got when they did it with the Simcity reboot and when they were going to do it with Sims 4. Hell, they even basically did it with Spore and getting the online service's buggy ass to work has consistently been my biggest gripe about it.

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, aside from the whole lootbox profitability thing it allows EA to continue putting always-online DRM in their games without all the backlash they got when they did it with the Simcity reboot and when they were going to do it with Sims 4. Hell, they even basically did it with Spore and getting the online service's buggy ass to work has consistently been my biggest gripe about it.
Yeah, but can't you just log the fuck out of the servers as soon as the game boots? ME3 and DA:I both let you do that, and Inquisition allowed you to you set offline as the default.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
People say that every time Bioware has an impending flop and yet they see a stay of execution every time.
because bioware, together with dice, are literally EA's last option. they are out of high-profile studios (as in the studio being it's own "brand") that aren't constantly shitting out sportsball refreshes or sims expansions. dice should have been shut down years ago and be solely in charge of frostbite, yet they're still allowed to make games, star wars shit even.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
because bioware, together with dice, are literally EA's last option. they are out of high-profile studios (as in the studio being it's own "brand") that aren't constantly shitting out sportsball refreshes or sims expansions. dice should have been shut down years ago and be solely in charge of frostbite, yet they're still allowed to make games, star wars shit even.
EA doesn't need anything except their sports titles. FIFA alone makes Anthem's failure look like a rounding error.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
EA doesn't need anything except their sports titles. FIFA alone makes Anthem's failure look like a rounding error.
until loot boxes become more and more regulated. even EA isn't so stupid betting on sportsball alone, or at least their investors aren't. look at bf4 which was such a blunder at launch it was close to tank the whole franchise, they had to pump millions into post-launch support, which in turn fucked up their yearly sequel sales. they desperately need other avenues for income, but hardly have any anymore thanks to letting the tards at bioware and dice run amok while closing almost every other worthwhile studio.

Wärring Ornac

When you reverse "LOVE" It turns to "EVOL"
kiwifarms.net
Unaptly-named Chad Robertson left Anthem (Archive)
Another Anthem Lead Is Leaving BioWare
"You can expect great things ahead."

Anthem continues to lose its lead voices as another public-facing figure departs BioWare following the live service game's rocky launch.
Chad Robertson, BioWare's head of live service, announced on Twitter that he's leaving the studio after 14 years of service. "Star Wars: The Old Republic, Anthem, the Austin studio, and BioWare are in good hands; you can expect great things ahead," he said. "I'm very excited about the next step of my journey in the game industry and look forward to sharing that soon."

Chad Robertson
✔@crobertson_atx

https://twitter.com/crobertson_atx/status/1189913109735051269

This is my last week with BioWare. I've been with the company for 14 years and am grateful for everything I've been part of here. SW:TOR, Anthem, the Austin studio, and BioWare are in good hands; you can expect great things ahead.
9:32 PM - Oct 31, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
131 people are talking about this

Chad Robertson
✔@crobertson_atx

https://twitter.com/crobertson_atx/status/1189913110456545280
Replying to @crobertson_atx

I join as a fan now, and look forward to playing BioWare games for years to come. I'm very excited about the next step of my journey in the game industry and look forward to sharing that soon.
9:32 PM - Oct 31, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
18 people are talking about this

Robertson is the second Anthem lead to depart BioWare following the game's launch, after lead producer Ben Irving left the studio back in August. Irving took over Anthem's post-launch plans when the original creatives moved on to other projects, with Robertson seemingly replacing him in August--albeit with no change of title. Back in September, Robertson said the studio was ditching the game's "Acts" structure so that BioWare could address some of the "core issues" people were experiencing, opting instead to release future content as seasonal updates.
Robertson has served a variety of roles at BioWare, including Head of Technology and Studio Director at BioWare Austin.
"You can expect great things ahead."
:story:

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
Probably because they abandoned their road map last I heard of it. It's getting none of the updates promised.
Didn't they abandon the roadmap in favour of a battle pass (the new hip thing in the AAA world) a couple of months ago and completely stopped talking about it?
LegacyKillaHD said in his recent video that one insider told him that Bioware Austin was still working on that game and was trying to do some kind of reboot for 2020 but I doubt that they can pull a FF XIV with Anthem. Edmonton really fucked up, there's no way to fix that and what would be the point anyway since no one is playing that game anymore.
Dragon Age 4 is their next big thing.

Tags
None