Anthem - EA’s next PR disaster after BF 5

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
By all accounts EA gave Bioware every chance and advantage. The only corporate mandated thing was the choice of engine, and you can't pin the games failings on that alone.

They had six damn years and had their key mobility shit like flight active with only months to go.
They gave the worms infesting Bioware's corpse every chance after they murdered the previous user of the body.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Caddchef

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And that's going to be a liver service game, so might as well get those F keys at the ready.
Supposedly EA refuses to greenlight anything that doesn't have a live service multiplayer component. There's an old CDPR AMA on Reddit where they talked about approaching EA before settling on WB games as a publisher for Witcher 3 and EA turned them down because they wouldn't include a multiplayer function.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, aside from the whole lootbox profitability thing it allows EA to continue putting always-online DRM in their games without all the backlash they got when they did it with the Simcity reboot and when they were going to do it with Sims 4. Hell, they even basically did it with Spore and getting the online service's buggy ass to work has consistently been my biggest gripe about it.

Pargon

Engaging in cultural trench warfare
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, aside from the whole lootbox profitability thing it allows EA to continue putting always-online DRM in their games without all the backlash they got when they did it with the Simcity reboot and when they were going to do it with Sims 4. Hell, they even basically did it with Spore and getting the online service's buggy ass to work has consistently been my biggest gripe about it.
Yeah, but can't you just log the fuck out of the servers as soon as the game boots? ME3 and DA:I both let you do that, and Inquisition allowed you to you set offline as the default.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino