Careercow Anthony Cumia - A once successful radio host crashes and burns, turning on all his fans and the drama around it

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I asked @Clown Doll and @KatsuKitty beforehand about making this topic and it has gotten approval on the grounds that Anthony is a Z-list celebrity and who a lot of his content has not been covered by mainstream news outlets. It has been gaining a lot of traction on /cow/ already given how progressively worse former radio host Anthony Cumia has gotten since his much covered firing from Sirius XM in the summer of 2014. Instead, I'm going to focus much more on what has happened within the last year and all the events that have taken place.

You don't even need to be a fan of The Opie and Anthony Show to see just how much of a clusterfuck this has devolved into overtime, but here is a brief background on what the show was. The show had been on for about 20 years before Anthony's firing happened and there was a lot of behind the scenes tension between Anthony and his partner Gregg "Opie" Hughes that eventually culminated into a hatred that the two had for each other. The show itself was all about cringe humor and having all sorts of comedians come on the show, while also competing with the likes of Howard Stern and other "shock jocks." Even when they were on the radio, you could feel the tension in the room sometimes with shit like this.

This was the infamous "grape fight" that the duo had with each other. This was all the way back in 2009 they had this argument.

From 2008, Anthony's partner Opie had a hissy fit over an article written about them that was published in Page Six, owned by Rupert Murdoch.

I'm not going to get into this part too much but those were just sample clips to give you an idea of just how strained the relationship was between them.

/cow/ has had an Anthony Cumia thread before. The first time it was tried it didn't really work out because of how poorly done it was, but with this second thread that they have right now, it's already garnering a lot of attention and traction.

http://8ch.net/cow/res/204880.html

This is the OP that was written there for reference:

O&A fan or not, this man has finally accumulated enough shit to have a thread dedicated to him. Hes known for being a racist hick and generally keeps his cool during public outrage. The tipping point? Challenging the internet. Skip to greentext for current the current goings on.

Past Shenanigans: Fired From Serious XM

Over a year ago Anthony Cumia was fired from his Series XM show (The Opie And Anthony Program) for making tweets of a violent nature towards an African american woman http://images.fashionnstyle.com/data/images/full/34805/cumia-tweet-2-png.png

He shortly after then founded the Anthony Cumia Show, later expanding it into The Anthony Cumia Network, a subscription based platform you faggots probably know of this for hosting The Gavin Mcinnes Show which you probably only know about because Gavin has had literal faggot Milo Yepenoplestin on his show and you watched it

Past Shenanagans: Domestic Abuse

In December of 2015, Cumia's girlfriend accuses him of hitting her. Live. On Periscope.

>This leads to Anthony being arrested and spending 24 hours in jail. The case is still under investigation with multiple court dates set.

Past Shenanigans: Turning His Fanbase Against Him

Being in the same vein of humor as O&A, r/opieandanthony has become over the years increasingly critical of the hosts. This goes as far as the hosts themselves having an antagonist relationship with the subreddit.

Dateline: 10 days ago

>Seemingly unprovoked, Anthony decides to sperg out against his subreddit http://archive.md/FLFAK

Dateline: Last Week

>Anthony Cumia is outed for fucking a tranny by some apparent acquaintance of his on some kind of radio show or something
>r/opieandanthony digs into the matter further revealing the tranny to be someone called Sue Lightning

>Upset by this, Anthony yells at the subreddit. By posting in the subreddit. His post is now stickied. http://archive.md/z2DRj

Dateline: Today

>Still totally not caring about what the subreddit thinks of him, Anthony threatens the doxing of members of the subreddit specifically some poor boy who works at Penera Bread.

I think this OP from /cow/ nicely summarizes a lot of the shit that's happened to Anthony in these past few months, but there's a lot more to all of this than meets the eye and some crazy things that Anthony himself has done well before his decline.

For example, there was a time several years ago when Anthony got catfished really hard and it really showed how much of a deviant he could be. It showed that even though he could make jokes on the radio and play up certain aspects about his behavior, that his personal life has been wrought with bizarre relationships with women much younger than he is.

The O&A subreddit and Wackbag, another O&A fan forum, went into full detail about what the hell happened back then. The link is down below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/2qvzic/the_time_anthony_was_catfished/

Found this story on wackbag. It's been copy and pasted for your amusement. If you want the tl;dr version then basically Anthony was trolled by a 41 year old man pretending to be a 14 year old girl and Anthony took the bait.

Yea, i am 41 year old loser that catfishes a "hunter" and a radio legend, and others. First off, it started as a goof, a parody account called "ParamoreCunt" and it was crazy teen tweets about music, cutting, etc. It was a goof that I was sure most understood. I was always a big fan of O&A so i would listen to the show and tweet as 'her' during the show. That should have given it away. She was NEVER at school. It was during a Jocktober that i started this and before long Anthony started to RT me, and everything blow up after that. I would tweet and guys would come out of the woodwork to 'hit on' me. The Paramorecunt account become SelfCutterGirl but was taken off by twitter and i cant recall way. I think I tweeted a underwear pic and someone reported it. Never knew for sure. I made a new account, "SelfCuttingGirl". I returned to tweeting the show and Anthony soon not only RT me but followed me. Then after a few days Anthony DM me, i never DM him first. We talked a little and i thought it was funny. I thought for sure he got the joke or would very soon. The DM went for a few days then he gave me his number to text. So i did. We texted about Star Trek (who was better Mudd or Q), we talked about the show (and at the time how he felt one of the co-workers was really boring and lame). I was overwhelmed with being somewhat on the inside. Now if i wanted to add to a topic during the show i could text Anthony and he would bring up my point on the show. Or I could tweet him and he would RT, getting me more followers. Not just my "selfcuttinggirl" account but other parody accounts i was doing.

Is this sad? YES! Before all this started i was married and had a good family. But things happened months before i started this and i found myself divorced and my house being foreclosed on. Also doing this i was laid off at work. So around me everything we falling a part and i escaped like the loser i am in to twitter. When I was "Alyssa" i didn't have to worry about the ex, the kids, the house, the job, etc.

Soon after screwing around as her, i meet a real teenage girl on twitter and we kind of worked together. I will not say who she is but she was in on it more than anyone knows.

It went on for over a year or more of me tweeting as her, doing fake fights with this girl that was helping me, etc. Then I got greedy and the truth came out. The 'hunter' did not hire someone to look in to me as it was said on the show. What happened is this 'hunter' started to DM and asking me to sell things for him on Ebay. I would get some of the money. He got really creepy over time as we started to text. Then he started to want to send me all kinds of shit in the mail. I gave him my address , before long he was sending me toys to sell for him and some as gifts. As he started to want to meet 'alyssa' i started to not talk to him as much. However he wanted to send me money for helping him and i gave him my real paypal account, saying it was a family friend. That is how he got my name. A friend of his then google images searched some pictures i used as 'alyssa' and they found her photo bucket. I was busted. The 'hunter' then told my female friend and he told Sam, who told Anthony.

My friend still talks to Antony and i have told her to tell him that i would repay him for the notebook and the $200 he sent me to by a iPhone. But she told me he said he didn't need my fucking money and to get lost. As for the Hunter guy, FUCK HIM, he was a fucking CREEPY and would talk very dirty to me as 'Alyssa'.

Anthony would a little but it was never as creepy as it was with 'hunter' did it. That guy is weird.

So I was busted and i deleted my Selfcuttinggirl account. I was still shocked all this happened, it was amazing. I would tweet about watching The Fall Guy or tell Anthony about some old show i liked. I never thought everyone would believe me. Is it my fault they did? I was so over the TOP i don't see how people believed it.

On the air a few lies did get told. Opie acted like he had NO IDEA who "Selfcuttinggirl" was but that is BULLSHIT. He was RT me a lot and even DM telling me to "KNOCK IT OFF" when i tweeted he was dead. He knew the name. He was RT a lot of my tweets about the Boston Bomber days before i was found out. Jimmy said he 'blocked me' cause he knew i was a fake, that he could always tell. I never really talked with Jimmy but as for as i know he never banned me, i aways could see his tweets, maybe he just didn't see mine. He did email me a few times and did DM me asking me "What is a Paramore Cunt?".

Anyone that remember, or followed me, you know i made twitter fun and thats all that matters. Was it wrong to fool everyone? I guess so. Do i feel bad for it? I feel about screwing with Anthony cause he was a nice guy, i was kind of shocked about that. I am sorry that it all got out of hand with him. As for the "hunter"? Fuck him, he keep wanted to meet 'alyssa' and always wanted to talk about tits and sex.

I did hurt some people, some people had to act hurt, and most didn't give a shit. Its been almost a year now and i have moved on. Finally got a job and things are getting better. I just wanted to say my side of this for once. I am a fucked up? Yes. A loser? VERY MUCH. But shit i got an Apple Notebook, iPad, some cool old toys and other things about it. If i hurt anyone i am sorry, but thats the price you pay when you risk want to meet up with a 15 year old girl.

This is also the video that went around and got viral of Anthony getting into a confrontation with his former girlfriend Dani Brand (her alt name is Dani Golightly), the daughter of Vinnie Brand, who owns the Stress Factory Comedy Club in New Jersey.

wQzKZwJ.png

You can see how much backlash this got from the most dieheard fans of Anthony, though I'd say a lot of them were against what Dani did the most but some of them blamed Anthony as well for getting his dick stuck in crazy to begin with. I even think the subreddit about his show can get really cultish at times with some of the diehard fans being even more extreme than him when it comes to his own views.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TACSdiscussion

What do you know! Even that subreddit has turned on Anthony now. Holy fucking shit. I didn't even know until now. You know you have royally fucked up as a human being when now your own diehard fans are now vehemently against you and had to close the subforum down because of his antics. Fucking hell.

ukBvXV9.png

Even CopperCab called Anthony out on his bullshit:

FrZ6AsV.png

4jMPvca.png

ECmxsP3.png

Here's some other random shit I remember about Anthony and his show. For one thing, for the entire time that his show was on, his staff never bothered to fix the loophole where you sneak in the backdoor and listen to all the shows for free without paying. I'm not joking. This is the Reddit thread to back up my claim. How do you fuck this part up even as a professional broadcaster?

j1HhzKH.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandant...hing_is_clear_allowing_anthony_cumia_to_have/

This was a picture he took with one of his former girlfriends who was a high school student at the time. I don't remember the full details but I'm sure @Aquinas can come in and fill in any additional details I missed. She was apparently around 17 at the time. Her name is Ileana Kennedy.

5JEGuCE.jpg

I have another photo that I saved to my external hard drive that I'm in the process of finding and will add to this OP later.

Lastly, an example of Anthony's salt when he's on Twitter. There's a lot more you can go through and find for yourself. He's been like this for years and years.

knG9M0n.png

For your autistic pleasure, an Opie and Anthony timeline, courtesy of the O&A subreddit, related to the fighting that Opie and Anthony had with each other last year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandant...ailed_rundown_of_opie_anthonys_crybaby_drama/

Melissa Stetten, another one of Anthony's former girlfriends, on Anthony. Whether or not this should be taken at face value is another question but still something to look at.

http://www.xojane.com/issues/melissa-stetten-anthony-cumia

Last edited:

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This topic really isn't so much about whether you like Anthony's comedy or not or what he's done in the past. It's a lot more about how far from grace that he's gotten and how self-destructive he continues to be and how just everything around him has become upside down. He had it all and now it's been whittled down to nearly nothing. You can still like his impressions and bits and everything but that isn't the point of the thread by any means. It goes well beyond Anthony himself and even to some of the fans themselves. @Aquinas put it best.

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/personal-lolcows.463/page-116#post-1298936

Sorry if this is neither your standard post for the topic nor good quality, I'm quite shit at explaining things.

a few users such as KatsuKitty and dollarhuviya would probably know about this but my personal lolcow would have to be the Opie and Anthony show aswell as its fandom. After a steady decline in quality in the radio show as well as the firing of one of the hosts for racial comments after being attacked, the whole thing went from kinda meh talk radio show to a real life soap opera. The fans got pretty damn salty that Greg "Opie" hughes didnt really fight for his former co-hosts job. shit eventually began spiraling out of control after Anthony Cumia talked about his shitty work relationship with Greg, so much so that it got to the point where the fans where both attempting to drive Greg mad and ruin his job over twitter. At the end of last year Anthony Cumia assaulted his Girlfriend at the time "Dani", Thus turning this autistic frankenstiens monster on the last creator. Just recently Ant came to the subreddit where a good portion of the fans reside and tried to demonize them and mock them, even after previously doing the opposite, saying such things as "Hate Speech" and threatening to get the sub shut down. Irony is These are the assholes who not only have said their fair share of "Hate Speech" over the radio, but also made a bit to mock other radio shows while their fans harrass them on either the radio or their social media pages for an event called 'Jocktober'.

Again, sorry if this post is shit but yeah. if one of the other two could fill in some blanks im probably drawing or do this better they are welcome to.

Last edited:

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Aquinas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm just biased.
I am quite sorry Anthony "The only nigger in my family tree is a hanging one" Cumia is not up to par with your taste in lolcows.

Anyways, I can sorta see where ants mind is at this point in time. He has his guns taken away, just about the only thing he loves. Jim Norton, a man he got along with splendidly, has seemingly ditched him since the whole Dani fight. and Danny, an ex producer from the Opie and Anthony show who came to the sub a few months prior talking about how he's being stalked, has been alluding over the past few days or so that he thinks Ants been doing it. I honestly cant help but feel sorry for this alcoholic Bosnian.

Dont get me wrong, its probably not JUST stress doing this.

Aquinas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling he'll have to atleast pay out of court. Also Dani Golightly is the daughter of Vinnie Brand, who owns a rather popular comedy club named Stress factory. and being alot of the old OnA show's guests and appeal had been stand up comics. it aint lookin good for his podcast, guest wise atleast.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
The only real thing I know about these guys is their Jocktober bits. And while they do make valid points about how stupid morning shows are. They aren't helping their case when their fans actively decide posting dick pics and "NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER!" on said shows Facebooks is a good idea.

But this is pretty damn horrible a downfall for a radio show host. Then again, can't say I wasn't expecting it to happen sooner or later.

ForTheHoard

Kiss the magic onions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His reaction to fans on Reddit is starting to sound more like something ADF would be doing.

Maybe. I've seen/heard him have some pretty off the wall reactions to things when he was running Live From The Compound, but I always pushed it off as him being a drunk idiot and occasional drama queen. If he keeps it up, and actually makes it a regular habit to take Internet shit personally, then I'll be convinced.

Aquinas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's been doing that for a while. hell theres new account on the subreddit right now, during prime drunk anthony ranting hour, threatening to dox people again under /u/Trannyfromtheshow.

ForTheHoard

Kiss the magic onions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the record, I'm not trying to White Knight Anthony. I think everyone here makes a valid point, but being a fan of his comedy, I should probably just stay hands off with the thread. I already admitted to a bias here, but will readily admit that he's a drunk racist that fucks too many women that were 17 a week ago. From what I've learned here, having not followed him closely in 2-3 months, is that he's starting to overdo things with his internet presence. Can't deny that. If he can't handle that his $5m salary went down to $800k and keeps trying to publicly fuck this coconut, let him burn, and I'll laugh along with you.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ant situation summed up quite nicely.

WtG5wF8.png

Again, this is what it's really all about. He literally got destroyed in the Reddit comment section multiple times in the past 10 days by people who used to love and respect him and refuses to listen and take the criticism into consideration. He was involved in creating an environment where he'd basically do the same thing that the reddit is doing right now and now he can't take the heat himself and wants the subreddit shut down. Such a shame too given his talent. His friend Keith also fucked up a while ago promising things that didn't really happen at all.