Anthony Fantano / TheNeedleDrop - "The Internet's Busiest Music Nerd"™, heelturned since 2017, slowly becoming smug SJW, threw Sam Hyde under the bus

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
I think there was joke on /mu/ where anons compared Fantano’s RYM music taste to Piero Scaruffi’s, a famous Italian music critic. With Scaruffi, his taste in music is more well detailed and diverse all around, but Fantano’s is more of something you do see as a Reddit starter pack meme on what type of music you need to listen in order to look cool.
Plus Piero "age of consent" Scaruffi has idiosyncratic takes on things, which is what happens when someone is passionate enough not to care about what other people think. People like him are much more worthwhile reviewers than shit like fatayo.

I've been following the Melon since the early days so I've seen the degradation coming. The moment I learned that this nigga was a vegan, I knew it'd be a matter of time before he'd go off the deep end. Critics are the least essential part of any entertainment medium. Real niggas don't read reviews or star ratings; they just engage with other fans, ask for recommendations, and figure shit out via trial and error.

Fantano's music taste is pretty irrelevant to what makes him a lolcow. Music is subjective and I'd be lying if I said he didn't expose to music I normally wouldn't have given a chance to. Plus, "X is for bad because normies liek it"is snowflake talk for people who think they're special because they listen to niggas with 10 soundcloud follows

With all that said, this song is trash and I stopped following him the moment he said this shit was one of the best songs of the week:

View attachment 1446331
This is completely unrelated but virtually every woman musician I know will bitch about guys offering to tune her guitar, help set up the amp, ect. For some reason musically inclined women can't figure out that its dudes hitting on them. Probably some low level tism.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of his pre-woke days, remember that time he gave a fairly positive review to an album made by an avowed white supremacist band from France?
At least the album wasn't made by TERFs, I guess.
Archived:

With all that said, this song is trash and I stopped following him the moment he said this shit was one of the best songs of the week:
This is pretty trash. It's up there with I'm With Her by Le Tigre. BTW, Fantano trash the fuck out of that song when it was released. He rated it pretty high on as the worst songs of 2016. And if this came out today, Fantano would rate it best song of the year probably. Then again, he did rate it the 2nd worst song of the 2010s.

Reactions: Shaka Brah

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
Off topic, but I feel like I have to point this out. 2:17 runtime, the first 39 seconds are intro, and the last 13 are outro. Unless this is cut for brevity somewhere else, it's literally shorter than most cartoon theme songs. This would barely pass as an intro track for a concept album, and it's certainly not musically interesting enough to be on one anyway. Any reviewer--sorry, "busy music nerd"--who thinks this is the top ten of anything ever or even listenable is brain dead. This probably isn't even in the top 10 songs that include the term "mansplain".

Cardenio

Autistic Gaucho
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Off topic, but I feel like I have to point this out. 2:17 runtime, the first 39 seconds are intro, and the last 13 are outro. Unless this is cut for brevity somewhere else, it's literally shorter than most cartoon theme songs. This would barely pass as an intro track for a concept album, and it's certainly not musically interesting enough to be on one anyway. Any reviewer--sorry, "busy music nerd"--who thinks this is the top ten of anything ever or even listenable is brain dead. This probably isn't even in the top 10 songs that include the term "mansplain".
To play Devil's Advocate punk rock has had a tradition of brevity, you can't really stretch 3-chord songs for that long anyway. Many songs from Ramones, The Clash, and Minutemen went under 2 minutes.

What I can't excuse is making the song you're proud enough to give a promotional video to so entirely one note. Void of any interesting or catchy lyrics. Just think about Minutemen's most famous song Corona (aka theme from Jackass).
The people will survive
In their environment
The dirt, scarcity, and the emptiness
Of our South

[Verse 2]
The injustice of our greed
The practice we inherit
The dirt, scarcity and the emptiness
Of our South

[Verse 3]
There on the beach
I could see it in her eyes
I only had a Corona
Five cent deposit
I mean is the band Thick capable of producing a simple yet powerful set of political lyrics? I don't see why not, I don't think D. Boon was particularly a creative genius by any means. But he also didn't just sit around on a cell phone and just ripoff social media posts & slogans for lyrics. All I know is that the visual image of a poor woman collecting beer bottles on a beach to survive leaves more of an impression on me than a 5/10 singing "I know my body, you don't own my rights!"

tantric_depressive

Be kind, REEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
This is completely unrelated but virtually every woman musician I know will bitch about guys offering to tune her guitar, help set up the amp, ect. For some reason musically inclined women can't figure out that its dudes hitting on them. Probably some low level tism.
Nah, I think it more has to do with these thoughtless, soulless type girls not pretty or hawt enough to rely on their looks, are as dumb and as basic as dumb basic bitches can be, so in their quests to 'stand out' , they adopt the same cookie-cutter art-hoe 'creative' nasty girl personality archetype that's been fed from the mainstream to hundreds of thousands of bad makeup/hair/tattoos adorned, wannabe hoes before them. With no creativity, imagination or intellectual curiosity to work with, they fall into the same ole self-defeating trap of too many similar sisters before them, of thinking this nasty girl punk costume must be worn with a matching nasty attitude. Their dumb basic thinking amplifies the self-defeating factor now, as they think this needs to not just be a stage persona/pose, but their 24/7 all-encompassing default non-personality that leads to listless, shitty performances of uncreative stolen ideas before listless, uncaring-at-best crowds. They drive every and anyone that was willing to help and teach them the things that would aid their career into actively rooting for them to fail, except they'll never learn this lesson til it's too late, cuz the same nasty girl wokeness they use as a personality will guarantee noone will dare ever criticize them anywhere their basic minds would ever take them to consume. I ain't saying every girl with that style and artistic ambition is like that either, I've met some shockingly cool n smart ones, but every girl in an over-produced 'punk' music video like their plopping turd of a single's is like that

In the past decade or so, Fiona has made it clear that she’s making music for women and doesn’t gaf about men. She’s a 40 year old woman who lives with her female best friend for gods sake. You can agree with that or not but it is what it is. She doesn’t have any social media and doesn’t care about critical reception or engaging in internet politics. Her fanbase has been reduced a bit due to this, but the thing is that she truly doesn’t care. I honestly think it triggers Melon to know that there is a popular female musician out there who is not making music for him and thus his judgments are irrelevant to her.

So Melon takes it personally when her mostly rabid female fanbase tells him that maybe he’s wrong about his interpretation because he doesn’t understand where Fiona is coming from. It’s like getting mad that you don’t relate to rappers as a simp white man. Not everything is for everyone and that’s ok. It is telling that he immediately tries to shut down the fans by accusing them of being terven, which is exactly what TERFs accuse men of doing all the time. I’ve only fairly recently accepted that TERF is a phrase used to shut down women tbh and this incident makes it pretty clear.

(I told you we Fiona fans were crazy)
Oh, no, I don't begrudge her anyway she wants to live. She seemed to have an extremely rough run through the Hollywood pop star guantlet from the first moment a sleazy agent laid eyes on her. Damn, she was even set up with weirdo David Blaine as her celeb bf iirc😢I'm glad she's doing good enough, which seems like how she likes to keep it, to her credit. She definitely seems a lot smarter and self-aware than most striving celebs, just by figuring out that more and more money and fame is not worth the self-degrading and phony things needed to be done just promoting your releases. The fact she gets to enjoy some privacy and anonymity is huge too. And you're not crazy, anyone using 'terf' in an argument unrelated to fake gender shit is gay and can't roast, probably even gay in related arguments. They basically use it as the "racist" against lesbians, which makes you 100% valid in your shit

Oh, dude who brought up Nate Dogg - I agree, Nate Dogg's awesome, you misunderstood, I was making fun of Fantano for crying about a celebrity he didn't personally know dying. That shits goofy, especially for a man Fantano's age

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
In the past decade or so, Fiona has made it clear that she’s making music for women and doesn’t gaf about men. She’s a 40 year old woman who lives with her female best friend for gods sake. You can agree with that or not but it is what it is. She doesn’t have any social media and doesn’t care about critical reception or engaging in internet politics. Her fanbase has been reduced a bit due to this, but the thing is that she truly doesn’t care. I honestly think it triggers Melon to know that there is a popular female musician out there who is not making music for him and thus his judgments are irrelevant to her.

So Melon takes it personally when her mostly rabid female fanbase tells him that maybe he’s wrong about his interpretation because he doesn’t understand where Fiona is coming from. It’s like getting mad that you don’t relate to rappers as a simp white man. Not everything is for everyone and that’s ok. It is telling that he immediately tries to shut down the fans by accusing them of being terven, which is exactly what TERFs accuse men of doing all the time. I’ve only fairly recently accepted that TERF is a phrase used to shut down women tbh and this incident makes it pretty clear.

(I told you we Fiona fans were crazy)
How about Fiona Snapple cause only fat chicks like her A-DOOOOYYYYSHHH.
The world makes a lot more sense when you just reframe feminism as girl-autism.

tantric_depressive

Be kind, REEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
^^^autists gotta work hard, and together as a team to flex any social power or influence, reading weather patterns, flight paths, converting that to usable data all that. Feminists just gotta tweet, all while hating one another and planning eachothers roping. I guess both groups I only really encounter online. I'm still not convinced on the female autism question

infatuation

NO PLEASURE 2020
kiwifarms.net
archive of his best of the week review for thick

interestingly enough, he didn't go on to review their album at all, not even a mention in his yunoreview series either.

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about Fiona Snapple cause only fat chicks like her A-DOOOOYYYYSHHH.

The world makes a lot more sense when you just reframe feminism as girl-autism.
It's really not though. Alt-right women are often pretty awful people of dubious mental stability and a lot of them are obvious grifters trying to get retards to pay for their Aryan only fans. If anything the feminists are less autistic and more just plain stupid.

Also autistics are 1-2% of the population. If only 1-2% of women were feminists everything would be fine and dandy.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
It's really not though. Alt-right women are often pretty awful people of dubious mental stability and a lot of them are obvious grifters trying to get retards to pay for their Aryan only fans. If anything the feminists are less autistic and more just plain stupid.

Also autistics are 1-2% of the population. If only 1-2% of women were feminists everything would be fine and dandy.
no way that's so cool thanks for your breakdown of specific autisms.

Reactions: Garth
Tags
None