Anthony Fantano / TheNeedleDrop - "The Internet's Busiest Music Nerd"™, heelturned since 2017, slowly becoming smug SJW, threw Sam Hyde under the bus

tantric_depressive

Be kind, REEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
It was a meme where you would go up to someone and say "vibe check" before throwing something at them. I don't know why fantano is using it
I thought it might be an urbanized rebranding of amateur wrestling's 'oil check', specifically for when you need to check white BLM attendees for any hidden racisms they might need removed

All of his reviews follow a pre-written script, so it wouldn't be shocking if he had some notes on the singles he reviews.

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody has brought up his "vibe checks" that he posts on his Instagram, most of them have some political commentary. Probably nothing of interest but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.
View attachment 1451800View attachment 1451801
View attachment 1451802View attachment 1451803
wtf, if you're writing that many words on Instagram then you need to check a lot more than your vibe. I hope he's figured out some grift where he's somehow getting paid by the character for this shit I ain't gonna read, otherwise - lol, maybe he's a masochist and begging for the original meme version I quoted above, with these photo/too many word combos that must be nectar to any bully

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
Fiona was hawt back in the day. I had a huge crush on her when I was young. I know sometimes I'll try to find something to insult or hate about obviously extremely hot girls that I'll never get a chance to meet or fuck, just to feel better about the situation, maybe he's like me, and has a big crush on Ms Applebum. Try to keep the "I ain't gonna get to fug you" sniping off public social media though, always a bad look, especially with so many other girls able to see it
All of his reviews follow a pre-written script, so it wouldn't be shocking if he had some notes on the singles he reviews.

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody has brought up his "vibe checks" that he posts on his Instagram, most of them have some political commentary. Probably nothing of interest but I thought it'd be worth mentioning.
He typed this on Instagram and not on Tumblr?
This honestly looks like something that’d you see on the Social Justice Warriors community watch page.

tantric_depressive

Be kind, REEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
He had beef with NXP on Twitter several months ago to the point where Shooter got suspended off the platform. You'll tards don't even realize PNW is an obvious troll parodying Fagtano.
So he's doing a multi-platform troll parody and he's beefing with Fantano's enemies, instead of checking into Fantano's vibe checks on the 'gram? He needs to step it up and check in with his own vibes in the comments sections, spewing self-important, pseudo-intellectual pseudo-affirmations in multiple wall o' text comments (with accompanying photos of his circus freak 'fits' that'd do fyads mocking W&W goons proud) for every vibe check before I'll be interested in his trolling campaign. Yeah, though, he was obviously parodying Fantano in those, but I find Fantano's format of over-reaching, overlong essay reading about music impossible to sit through, especially since he can't even accompany it with any samples of the music he's critiquing. I even find the idea of a parody troll version of Fantano tedious and dull, unless they were living the gimmick and torturing Fantano himself on every platform he used. Maybe that other music critic, mentioned in an earlier post itt, had a good point about only dealing with music critiques in the written, readable format

Last edited:

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
He's a vegan. Not a vegetarian, but a vegan. That's all you ever needed to know about this guy to know that you can only trust him as far as you can toss him at a damn window. Manbuns, being a vegan, and having shitty, scribbly pubic hair looking unkempt beards. These are the 3 biggest warning signs that someone is a fucking untrustworthy wacko that I've discovered on my time on the internet. Never, NEVER trust these sorts. You're only asking for a bunch of bullshit if you do.

ColdOnes

kiwifarms.net
I do unironically think anybody who cares about music reviews is a spaz, it's all so subjective and music is so easy to access and test out, I can tell if I'll like an album by scanning the snippets they're always trying to throw at me. I have yet to find the Armond White of music, just an awesome contrarian asshole that pisses everyone off but is the only interesting one to listen to.
Have you heard of Chris Ott? He's to indie music what Armond White is to movies, except with a lot less eloquence. He is very anti-idpol, and has often criticized women in the indie music who have privileged backgrounds but act like they're oppressed. I quite like some of his videos:

• Disagree
Reactions: Kill All Kiwis

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
He's a vegan. Not a vegetarian, but a vegan. That's all you ever needed to know about this guy to know that you can only trust him as far as you can toss him at a damn window. Manbuns, being a vegan, and having shitty, scribbly pubic hair looking unkempt beards. These are the 3 biggest warning signs that someone is a fucking untrustworthy wacko that I've discovered on my time on the internet. Never, NEVER trust these sorts. You're only asking for a bunch of bullshit if you do.
How'd he manage to get fat on a vegan diet?

Kill All Kiwis

kiwifarms.net

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net
How'd he manage to get fat on a vegan diet?
You can still eat bread and pasta on a vegan diet and I imagine empty carbs like that are probably 80% of Fantano's food intake. Plus fruits are basically just sugar, I doubt he's eating too many vegetables. And he obviously lives a sedentary lifestyle, the most exercise he likely gets is squatting in the backyard for thirty seconds to get a pic for one of his Instagram "vibe checks".

I knew a guy in high school who had been vegetarian for ~8 years and was still literally obese because his only source of food was bread, pasta, and cheese. People manage to be phenomenally unhealthy despite their dietary restrictions because at the end of the day health is largely about self control, exercise, and calorie intake.

Kill All Kiwis

kiwifarms.net
What about him was embarrassing?

Chris Ott was kind of a sperg when he used to post on ilxor. When he didn’t post there anymore he started tweeting shit at other people on Twitter. Saying really cringy things. I don’t really have much proof of his spergery on twitter since he deleted his old twitter account but this particular thread Is still around on the I Love Music Forums since 2003 where he would argue and insult some of the users there. Later on, around 2013 in that exact same thread, the users start quoting and screenshotting his cringy tweets.

Personally, I do not like Chris Ott. I’ve interacted with him a few times when he had a discord. I know that a lot of people like him since he’s not a PC guy and hates Idpol in music journalism, he shits on a lot of sacred cows on /mu/ (AnCo, Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, etc.), he comes off very knowledgeable when it comes to music(particularly 80s music), his videos are very well made and he’s entertaining, among many other things to like about Ott on the surface. I just find him really overrated as this Apotheosis on /mu/. Chris was just an attention whore to me. When he talks about music, he doesn’t really say anything that hasn’t been said by other music critics or some random issue of CMJ. He’s not that interesting, pitchfork fucking sucks who gives a shit? The constant crying, complaining, and bragging he does is just annoying.

The worst is the people on his discord. Nothing but a bunch of tripfag cosoomers who flex their knowledge of multimedia to impress Chris Ott like Chris is going to invite them over to his place and suck their dick. When ever there is drama on their discord, they make a thread on /mu/ so they can talk about drama in their discord. It’s really cringy. Most people on mu don’t even know who this dude is and all of sudden there is a big thread on him made by his discord fans about what’s happening in that discord.

This was the last time I’ve heard of Chris Ott. Some drama must have happen for him to go dark again. You can see his discord fans are talking in that thread.

Last edited:

Atomsk

Pirate King
kiwifarms.net
I feel like this interview from like a year ago that Fantano did with some poo-in-the-loo belongs here, he basically talks shit about and disavows everyone he was hanging out with not even like a year before.

Reminder that he went on TAA's podcast The Drunken Peasants, acted friendly with them and seemingly had a good time, multiple, multiple times with no issues or even really disagreements, also TJ promoted this scummy little street-shitter multiple times in the past and tried to get his channel off the ground so both of these people are backstabbing pieces of shit.

I absolutely love listening to people make fun of Sargon but this is the least enjoyable time I've ever seen someone do it and I'm pretty sure Anthony did a livestream where they talked about how much they hated SJW's a while before this, I don't know when they stopped being cool but being this uncharitable and accusatory to someone you even used to be cool with is pretty shitty.

I believe the previous 2 videos were just clips of this much bigger interview that I didn't watch because I saw the clips first and couldn't handle anymore Fantano but apparently he talked a lot of shit in this video about people that he refuses to have a discussion with or debate now so him making accusations and shitting on people where you think they aren't gonna see it and then refusing to give them a chance to defend themselves is not a new thing for this grifting piece of shit. People can change, yeah but this dude changed extremely rapidly and along with the tide of more popular opinion on the platform. I was gonna mention the shit he said about Sam Hyde which is also included in these videos but it's in the name of the fucking thread so I'm guessing everyone is already aware of it.

Last edited:

Cyn7kaL

Based schizophrenic
kiwifarms.net

Fuck yeah, that's something too. Everytime he would post vibe check with a picture of him, all my mutuals would just quote him and say "you look like a pedophile rat" or something else to fuck with him. I had no idea he tried to use it to talk about politics.

Tags
None