Anti-anti-vaxxers megathread -

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
CA reduced giving someone AIDS from a felony to a misdemeanor, which is exceptional, but it's still illegal to knowingly donate AIDS blood.
"It's illegal to knowingly donate AIDS blood"
"It's legal for someone to fuck you without telling you they have AIDS"
Are you trying to wipe out everyone but your Hollywood ponies and Beverly Hills socialites, Cali? course you are.

Idc vax or antivax, my question here is why the fuck are they sending a SWAT team? Even if you want to call this child abuse, which would be a bit of a reach, I'm pretty sure they don't send SWAT teams to every case of child abuse, especially over a fever. As if the kids weren't psychologically damaged enough, bunch of angry dudes with guns breaking into their house sure is gonna help their mental health.

Prompt Critical

apropos-of-nothing
kiwifarms.net
I'll preface this by saying that anti-vaxxers are categorically exceptional and the evidence is pretty overwhelming that vaccines work and work well.

Now, that said...

Anti-anti-vaxxers (that is, people who sperg about anti-vaxxers, not just normal people who think vaccines work) are just as exceptional, and a lot more smug and self-righteous about it.

You can't say the government or medical professionals would never lie about treatment programs while knowingly harming patients because we know they have done so before - in one instance, intentionally infecting black men with syphilis under the guise of providing free medical care for poor rural communities, and then denying them treatment FOR FORTY YEARS to study the effects (with an 81% mortality rate before a whistleblower put an end to the program IN FUCKING 1972); in another, massive doses of LSD were unknowingly administered to prisoners, military personnel, and eventually random members of the general public to study the effects.

You can't say that all the companies in a global industry would never collude across national borders to suppress information and harm consumers because we know they have done so before - most famously, every single light bulb manufacturer on the planet joined a secret organization in 1925 to regulate the service life of light bulbs and withhold technological advances that could improve their quality; in another, all manufacturers of armor steel for warships secretly formed a cartel to regulate production and prevent further developments, and this agreement continued even through several wars between the countries these companies were based in.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that anti-vaxxers are usually stupid and wrong but it's not inherently stupid to ask questions about this kind of thing.

There's a strong element of performative politics to anti-anti-vaxxers - that is, it's not about reaching the correct conclusion so much as it is about loudly proclaming to everyone else that you are smart because you hold the right opinions.

As a very simple test, the next time you are speaking with someone who is really upset about anti-vaxxers, ask them how they feel about importing unlimited numbers of people from third-world countries where vaccination is rare or nonexistent and all of these medieval diseses are commonplace. It's an excellent way to seperate virtue signalers from people who actually give a fuck about the issue.

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of South Park, the naturopath ratting them out reminds me of the episode with Cheech and Chong as the Mexicans pretending to be Indians as the homeopath's assistant, where they're fine conning dumb white ladies out of money but come clean when Mrs. Brovlovski refuses to take a clearly sick Kyle to the hospital

Gone_Fission

kiwifarms.net
"It's illegal to knowingly donate AIDS blood"
"It's legal for someone to fuck you without telling you they have AIDS"
Are you trying to wipe out everyone but your Hollywood ponies and Beverly Hills socialites, Cali? course you are.
Its still a crime to fuck people and give them AIDS, but CA's exceptional legislators reduce the severity of the crime under the logic that potentially infected dudes would avoid getting tested because they didn't want to be open to a felony conviction by becoming criminally liable once they officially knew their HIV status. Making it a misdemeanor (in theory) should make them more willing to get tested and pursue medical resources due to less fear of criminal punishment.

Realistically, the gays are just going to keep rawdogging the shit out of each other and hooking up with as many people on Grindr as possible regardless of HIV risk, using PrEP as an excuse to not exercise even a modicum of self control. Laws will have no effect on this, except now victims won't even have the satisfaction of seeing degenerate disease vectors locked up and kept away from society.

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Idc vax or antivax, my question here is why the fuck are they sending a SWAT team? Even if you want to call this child abuse, which would be a bit of a reach, I'm pretty sure they don't send SWAT teams to every case of child abuse, especially over a fever. As if the kids weren't psychologically damaged enough, bunch of angry dudes with guns breaking into their house sure is gonna help their mental health.
Part of the problem is that there really isn't a middle ground solution in a situation like this. The child's fever of 105 demanded that the child receive immediate extraction.

Sending 2 officers in a car is not really enough to safely extract the kid from the parents in this case. I am not sure what the exact illness is, but likely it isn't a standard flu. Meaning that unless the cops are willing to send in a group of 6 officers or in this case a full blown swat team; it is not likely to extract the kid without some type of conflict with the parents. Also depending on the illness, there is a need for skin cover on the people involved. Meaning, it also requires more than a normal patrol officer can handle. Paramedics are going to be a must.

Most parents, even the nutty ones in this case, won't willingly give up their toddler to police officers. Choosing between going light and going in heavy; it is clear the police chose going in heavy. Excessive, but sadly the local PD wasn't prepared for this and l would argue the parents made this an inevitable event.

Also keep in mind we are in the middle of a Measles Outbreak in other parts of the world and it is filtering over here. Sadly expect more instances of events like this when the parents are uncooperative. Right now according to the CDC in the past 3 months, we have almost as many cases as 2018 for almost the entire year. The expectation of an outbreak in the US is increasing.

I would be very interested to know what the exact illness the child had.

Last edited:
Anti-anti-vaxxers (that is, people who sperg about anti-vaxxers, not just normal people who think vaccines work) are just as exceptional, and a lot more smug and self-righteous about it.
It's the same way atheists came to be seen as exceptional, they're hunting down dumb people to hit with the stick of "Knawledge" so they can feel smaht.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Part of the problem is that there really isn't a middle ground solution in a situation like this. The child's fever of 105 demanded that the child receive immediate extraction.

Sending 2 officers in a car is not really enough to safely extract the kid from the parents in this case. I am not sure what the exact illness is, but likely it isn't a standard flu. Meaning that unless the cops are willing to send in a group of 6 officers or in this case a full blown swat team; it is not likely to extract the kid without some type of conflict with the parents. Also depending on the illness, there is a need for skin cover on the people involved. Meaning, it also requires more than a normal patrol officer can handle. Paramedics are going to be a must.

Most parents, even the nutty ones in this case, won't willingly give up their toddler to police officers. Choosing between going light and going in heavy; it is clear the police chose going in heavy. Excessive, but sadly the local PD wasn't prepared for this and l would argue the parents made this an inevitable event.

Also keep in mind we are in the middle of a Measles Outbreak in other parts of the world and it is filtering over here. Sadly expect more instances of events like this when the parents are uncooperative. Right now according to the CDC in the past 3 months, we have almost as many cases as 2018 for almost the entire year. The expectation of an outbreak in the US is increasing.

I would be very interested to know what the exact illness the child had.
The doctor thought the kid might have had meningitis - for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, it has something like an 80% mortality rate untreated and a 20% mortality rate even with treatment. It is also highly contagious.

Of course it turned out the kid just has the flu or whatever, but I don't blame the doctor for pulling out all the stops.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that anti-vaxxers are usually stupid and wrong but it's not inherently stupid to ask questions about this kind of thing.
You hit the nail on the head. And it's not just about vaxines, flat earthers for examples, or whatever other crazy thing some people believe in nowadays. Yes they're most probably kooks, but doubting the status quo is not inherently a bad thing. What if the earth really was flat? What if vaccines really turned frogs gay? People would rather take advantage of these opportunities to sound like smartasses than actually ask themselves if there's any merit in what these people think, much like euphoric atheists.

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The doctor thought the kid might have had meningitis - for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, it has something like an 80% mortality rate untreated and a 20% mortality rate even with treatment. It is also highly contagious.

Of course it turned out the kid just has the flu or whatever, but I don't blame the doctor for pulling out all the stops.
I missed that section facepalm , although this actually explains something. I think it is quite possible that the police did think it might be Measles or Mumps related because they can both lead to Meningitis as a complication:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/mmr-vaccine.html

Mumps causes fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness, loss of appetite, and swollen salivary glands. Complications can include swelling of the testicles or ovaries, deafness, inflammation of the brain and/or tissue covering the brain and spinal cord (encephalitis/meningitis) and, rarely, death.
https://www.meningitis.org/getmedia/96875046-bc9c-4311-a986-b5cd0b6dba3b/MMR-April-2012

Before MMR vaccine was introduced, mumps was the main cause of viral (or aseptic) meningitis – about 1,200 people (mainly children) in the UK were hospitalised each year with mumps 2 . Most of these cases had meningitis. Mumps was also the most frequent cause of viral encephalitis. Measles encephalitis occurs in approximately 1 in 1000 cases of measles infection 3 and can be fatal. Since the introduction of MMR in 1988, mumps and measles meningitis and encephalitis have virtually been eliminated.
So yeah, I am sure they(police and social workers) were actually concerned about it being connected to Mumps or Measles. The MMR shot has been instrumental in reducing the known cases of Meningitis among children connected to Measles or Mumps. With the outbreaks happening in other states, they may have believed the kid was suffering from other sicknesses related to not getting vaccinations.

A respiratory infection is still bad, but hopefully it is not something else. The anti-vaxxer parents though are likely going to give the taxpayers another 6-7 figure bill by the end of it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino