Anti Cows -

George Beorge

kiwifarms.net
I'd agree if it wasn't for his interview with Sargon of Akkad which wasn't a great idea.
There was certainly a period where Jontron was getting dangerously close to lolcow territory when he was parroting /pol/ talking points he knew nothing about, but I'd say he's redeeemed himself. He got burned, learned his lesson, and just makes his own content now. If only some others would take notes...

CatharticShitHead

A True Shithead never reaches peace.
kiwifarms.net
Turkey Tom seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders, especially when you consider that he's a 16 year old kid. I was an absolute spaz at that age, and definitely couldn't create interesting content monitoring lolcows. Also, this may be a very low bar, but he did manage to absolutely destroy NoBS in an ad hoc internet debate when he was 14.
TurkeyTom isn't an anticow, but he's also not a cow. Dude has chimped out over other YouTubers in the past. Like how he chimped the fuck out at MrEnter just screaming "YOU'RE A PEDO. Your shitty cartoon of kids makes you a fucking pedo! You probably want to fuck kids!"
Joel from Vinesauce. Doesn't make his content political. Keeps his personal life pretty much to himself.
I think you could say this about all the Vinesauce people. I only watch Vinny and Joel but dudes do nothing but make memes, stream video games and overall just interact within their community.
EDIT: Sseth Tzeentach and UberDanger to my mind haven't done anything cowlike yet. Sseth's unironic embracing of degeneracy in other circumstances would make him an obvious cow, but somehow it makes him more entertaining, while Uber, despite having shown his face and being Moroccan, appears to keep a low profile and I've heard hes super chill behind the scenes.
This comes into what I was going to enter as AntiCows. Anyone within the circle of friends that SsethTzeentach has can be considered decent AntiCows. Mandalore Gaming, Sseth, Uberdanger, etc. Dudes just make content and I've only seen Uber bitch about shit (Youtube fucking with his money) once.

Reviewbrah is just a brah that reviews food. He's cool.

LGR feels like a good anti cow too, he just shows off tech but I haven't gone digging for any shameful things about him so idk.

Steve1989MREinfo is another good one.

And finally I would say someone who's almost there is Jontron. Dude makes solid content with his crew and only got into one controversy where he talked with famous manlet Destiny. That one controversy I can't forget is because it was the first time I saw Destiny, then looked him up on the Farms. Good times.

Steve1989MREinfo practically produces just wholesome content.

Thebeardedwoodsman - Canadian who just likes dicking around in the woods eating God's bounty. He only really tells his fans to stop fucking about when they make comments on his hot wife.

Justin Rhodes - He raises chickens and farms, again wholesome content.

Computing Forever - Dave doesn't tend to get involved with shitty drama, he even kept a lid on it and withdrew/distanced himself when Based Mama started to destroy Kilroy from within.

UnimportantFarmer

kiwifarms.net
This will sound completely mad, but I'd go with Alex Jones. Hear me out on this.
It's because he's unstoppable. So many people hate him and are out for his career, but he just won't go down. Lawsuits, getting kicked off websites, nothing has killed this madman yet. He's still making money, he's still very well known, and he has somehow finagled his way into selling himself to such a degree that he just sells his own shit and people buy it.
My nigga, Alex Jones, is no mere lolcow. I don't know what the fuck he is, but he ain't a cow.
Alex Jones transcends the cow and anti-cow.

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
It's really honestly hard to think of a better example of an anti-cow than James Rolfe. The dude had every opportunity to become a cow, and managed to avoid it at every turn and is sitting with a cool mil for it and still does content. He's almost like the LightSydePaul meme in real time.

People copied his schtick, he kept his business to himself and focused on his content (DSP will still attack other streamers doing his gig).

He made a lofty Kickstarter goal to make a movie, failed to start the project on time but made it up to his contributors and came through even if the quality of the movie is arguable (DSP still to this day claims that he didn't run off with his Patreon money for his Project 7 goal which he never even bothered to attempt fulfilling).

He's supported his friends and their channels by making spinoffs to his AVGN series (DSP screwed over anybody that worked with him, TGWTG managed to do the same to any channel they brought in) and doing exclusive content with Mike to give them all exposure without trying to make it all about his ego.

Trolls came for him and so did other content creators, and he didn't give them any of his time or energy (DSP can't go one stream without mentioning his precious detractors, Onision couldn't be bothered to avoid pointless drama either, Chris-chan's platform was almost exclusively dedicated to trolls for a time).

Sure his content quality has dipped, he's been doing this gig since internet videos were a thing and he's the sole operator for the content a feat that is admirable and he maintains a fairly lucrative audience. I can't think of anybody else on Youtube that has put in the time he has, let alone with such a one note schtick of reviewing terrible retro games while spewing nonsensical foul language.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Sure his content quality has dipped, he's been doing this gig since internet videos were a thing and he's the sole operator for the content a feat that is admirable and he maintains a fairly lucrative audience. I can't think of anybody else on Youtube that has put in the time he has, let alone with such a one note schtick of reviewing terrible retro games while spewing nonsensical foul language.
Unpopular opinion, but I think the newer AVGN videos are better than the classic era episode from Screw Attack in the 2000's. I think this is because the newer episodes are better made, have more thorough analyses, and really go the full 9 yards to make a point. Early episodes were confined to short time limits and poor production quality, and basically just consisted of him cussing and drinking beer. Newer episodes are like 20 minutes, and actually do a great job to tell a whole story...it's kinda like Gaming Historian, only more vulgar.

Some great examples of episodes from the recent years which really go the whole 9 yards so to speak, especially for obscure games and accessories....

Aladdin Deck Enhancer:

AmigaCD32:

Pepsiman -- where he invites an obscure actor from the game to star in it:

Jurassic Park Trespasser -- in which he even interviews the creator afterwards and finds out why the game was so poorly made:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first person who came to mind for me was The 8-bit Guy. He's always upbeat and completely, 100% apolitical. Doesn't even associate with anyone that gets political (that I know of).

Though he powerlevels like a motherfucker, he's shown the outside of his home and his car plenty of times, and has mentioned living in Kennedale, TX, which isn't a big place.

FakeishNamedicoot

Woah I'm Woahful
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Matthewmatosis springs to mind. Homeboy just makes semi autistically long, but very in depth and dare I say it insightful, breakdowns of vidya. He's been around for quite some time as well.

The most "drama" I've seen him in was when hbomberguy made that contrarian defense of dark souls 2 video. The only response I really found was in an askfm.

Screenshot_20200621-220506_Brave.jpg

Princess Peaches

We work for 40 years and then we die.
kiwifarms.net
Unpopular opinion, but I think the newer AVGN videos are better than the classic era episode from Screw Attack in the 2000's. I think this is because the newer episodes are better made, have more thorough analyses, and really go the full 9 yards to make a point. Early episodes were confined to short time limits and poor production quality, and basically just consisted of him cussing and drinking beer. Newer episodes are like 20 minutes, and actually do a great job to tell a whole story...it's kinda like Gaming Historian, only more vulgar.

Some great examples of episodes from the recent years which really go the whole 9 yards so to speak, especially for obscure games and accessories....

Aladdin Deck Enhancer:

AmigaCD32:

Pepsiman -- where he invites an obscure actor from the game to star in it:

Jurassic Park Trespasser -- in which he even interviews the creator afterwards and finds out why the game was so poorly made:
My favorite new AVGN review was Seamen. I quote that video all the time it’s so good. Paperboy was another funny one.

Another anti-cow is SomecallmeJohnny. He does really good game review, Brainscratch and SBG have funny commentary, and Johnny is a really nice guy.

Tags
None