• No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, lets think about how well the Influenza Shot is doing. Oh wait, they have to change it every year, because it doesn't work right. Yet they push it every year as a preventative.
They aren't taking the time to get stuff tested, and get it right.
Wrong. Influenza is extremely difficult to vaccinate against because it mutates an awful lot and a vaccine against one strain won't of necessity be effective against another. It is also not just one virus but a whole array of them. It is thus not possible to "get it right" with a vaccine against influenza.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
So I'm sure this has been said hundreds of times by people here(But I didn't have time to read every response here), but neither side is entirely in the right.

I'm not Anti-Vax, but I don't believe all of them are good, or necessary. Some don't have enough science behind them.
Also, lets think about how well the Influenza Shot is doing. Oh wait, they have to change it every year, because it doesn't work right. Yet they push it every year as a preventative.

However, you need some vaccinations, because they are tried and true, and prevent some very bad diseases. There is proof that disease cases have gone down, due to Vaccinations.
No. The Influenza shot is not "wrong". They change it every year because things like the common cold and the flu EVOLVE. Just like many diseases do. They have to keep changing it because it evolves at a rate that's not controllable. Those outbreaks you see on TV? Just another strain of the same disease. But certain diseases like polio, are able to be contained with one shot. They are manageable. We generally are iffy on flu shots because you can get another version of the flu that you just have to deal with anyways so in that case it's up to you whether you go for it or not. They have to test these things in order to even release it to the public.

Anti-vaxxers are in the wrong because they are actively bringing vulnerable people to get infected, aren't getting shots for contagious diseases like measles which kill you really fast if you're immuno-compromised, and generally have 0 evidence to prove it is beneficial to society.

I don't know why we suddenly have people in this thread trying to justify anti-vaxxers. Their antics of trying to help others by risking people is just hilariously sad.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read in this thread and you belong in a facebook group.

Flu strains mutate incredibly fast and change genetic material significantly enough every couple of years to render previous vaccines ineffective.

Science has to keep up with those changes through constant sampling and analysis of the current strain, develop and produce an altered vaccine based on predictive indicators as to what it's going to be by time the flu shots can be manufactured en-masse and distributed months from now.

The fact that we have functioning vaccines at all for the flu is pretty fucking amazing.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
So I'm sure this has been said hundreds of times by people here(But I didn't have time to read every response here), but neither side is entirely in the right.

I'm not Anti-Vax, but I don't believe all of them are good, or necessary. Some don't have enough science behind them.

However, you need some vaccinations, because they are tried and true, and prevent some very bad diseases. There is proof that disease cases have gone down, due to Vaccinations.
The fact that this is your first meaningful content on this site immediately makes me think you're a Sawmill sock or some shit. Exact same stupid shit as he was saying.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Ha! These people make me sick. Your child isn't your damn property, they deserve the same right to be disease free you enjoy from your childhood vaccines and other people have the right to not get sick from easily preventable diseases. When your freedom affects another person's, you shouldn't get a choice in the matter.

Dis bitch also knows shit about the gas used in Auschwitz.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

I'm the greatest thing since World War 3.
kiwifarms.net
Oh, the anti-vaxers are all smug about how right they are until their kids' liver starts melting because they've caught something they could have quickly and easily been permanently vaccinated against.

Then they break land speed records to make sure any other crotch-spawn they have is all caught up.

Mrs Paul

Yinzer Kiwi
kiwifarms.net
Having read several of Offit's books, I consider the guy a fucking hero. And I can't believe what he's had to go through dealing with these wackos.

(And I cannot find a source for that quote other than MEMES, so I'm guessing some jagoff made it up. He's a HUGE target of the anti-vax crowd)

queerape

A Bathing Ape
kiwifarms.net
I live in a country where you don't need parental consent for vaccines no matter how old you are. There's been a wave in a town near me of kids teens some as young as 11 secretly getting vaccinated behind their parents backs. I wonder how many anti vax kids (who make it to 18 that is) end up disavowing their parents beliefs and getting vaxxed/ get their kids vaxxed, because if most surviving anti vax kids don't retain their parents beliefs, the movement could be all but historical in a mere 10 years or so from now.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
I saw commercial posters for measles vaccines in public display. Surely this is part of the fight against the Anti-Vax movement. It must really have become a thing.
It has. There is just enough people so that they have to put out notifications for it now. It's not common, but just common enough. Which is a shame because measles was nearly eradicated in the early 2000s. According to the CDC it wasn't until the 2010's that we saw a bigger number of cases and then that spiked even more in 2014. (This is for certain states obviously but these are also densely populated places in which diseases can spread like a wildfire) 2018 had the second most highest case of measles for certain states in the U.S.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

If you look at the timeline it's pretty well-explained how the spike could've happened:

• 2008: The increase in cases in 2008 was the result of spread in communities with groups of unvaccinated people. The U.S. experienced several outbreaks in 2008 including three large outbreaks. For more information see Update: Measles — United States, January–July 2008
So yeah, I have no sympathy for the idiots that are anti-vaxxers. I can point and laugh at their antics but at the end of the day, they won't be the ones dying of measles because their parents were smart enough to get them vaccinated. It's going to be the next gen that's going to be royally fucked.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
I work in medicine/health care and anti-vaxxers really, really piss me off. Idiots try to tardsplain medicine to me every day but they can usually be ignored and/or told to fuck off with little consequence, the difference with anti-vaxxers is that they're fucking dangerous. There is also harm done by people who refuse to take their kid to the doctor until they're half dead, which is also neglect with a dash of stupidity, but oddly enough the anti-vax people tend to be the opposite end of the spectrum (bring their kid in for every little thing and liberally abuse the ER). Here they do have a "mandatory" vaccination schedule you must follow if you want your kid to attend school, but you can apply for an exemption on the grounds of "I don't fucking feel like it" so it's kind of useless. Unvaxxed kids can be given the boot in the event of an outbreak but that's likely an ass covering measure rather than a serious piece of public health legislation. Personally I think vaccination should be required to access any public health or education services and exemptions should be at the discretion of a doctor only, but I can't see it ever happening.

• TMI
Reactions: Senior Lexmechanic

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino