Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angry Shoes

cold_take_generator.py
kiwifarms.net
It seems a bit dystopian to force parents to vaccinate their children so I wouldn't support any laws that did that. But you SHOULD vaccinate your kids, and almost everyone who disagrees is a dipshit mom who spends too much time on Facebook and Pinterest.

tsundereaddict

Darkness beyond twilight
kiwifarms.net
I fully support people getting their kids vaccinated, but I fear that forcing people to get their kids vaccinated could set a bad precedent. You see, right now there isn't any reason to believe that vaccines are going to hurt your kid, but who is to say that is always going to be the case. If we were to make a law now (while there would be a massive amount of public support for such a thing) that made it illegal for a parent to not vaccinate their kid what would stop someone in the future using vaccines to hurt people?

Edit: This used to be the OP for another thread titled 'What should society do about the anti vax problem'. That thread was merged into this one by a moderator. Some of the following posts are a response to this post and were not intended for this thread.

Last edited:

Exigent Circumcisions

Greasy trotters on your bodice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I may well be wrong, but the tool to fight anti-vax would be transparancy, education and open discussion, not equilibrium/logan's run tier mandatory chemical injection.
Agreed. Also, why not just make it possible to charge a parent with negligence if their child gets ill and injured as a result? Or if their child gets ill and transmits the disease to somebody else? Although I suppose we have seatbelt laws because of what might happen in an accident so on second thought I'm being dumb.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Education.
"muh thimerosal has mercury"
There are non-thimerosal vaccines and the mercury in thimerosal is both very tiny in amount and is chemically bound in such a way that it CAN'T fuck you up.
"muh vaccines cause autism"
The vast majority of studies have found no causal link. We don't even know exactly what causes autism anyway, to say that vaccines do it puts cart before horse in the most unhelpful fashion possible because we'd need to identify the MECHANISM for autism before we can say vaccines are a source of it.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Education by who? The government? We all know public education is just one big propaganda indoctrination factory. They faked the moon landing and NASA keeps telling us the Earth is round, why couldn't they just fake studies that supposedly show vaccines don't cause autism?
If you know anything about the government to begin with you'd know they're way too fucking inept and lazy to fake that many pretty damn conclusive studies, but I see your underlying point here in the sense that one can't fix stupid.

That being said, I'm not against stupid people failing to vaccinate, if it really comes down to that. I feel a bit bad for their kids, though.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
I have serious doubts there is a signicant anti-vax problem.

The fact that there is a campaign in my country with people trying to make adult flu-shots mandatory and enforcable by employers, tells me that there is a push for making it mandatory to have non-essential vaccination. It would be in their interest to put as much of a spotlight on the couple of crazies that are anti-vax, as these homeopathic science deniers have always existed (and died to various ailments for refusing modern medical care).

The relative lack of severity of flu compared to the relative lack of effectiveness of flu vaccination, tells me that this is not an attempt at improving public health. I don't think I would have had that position had they only focused on child-vaccination of terrible diseases.

I think the herd immunity too, while true, is being exaggerated as a reason to pust to make vaccinations mandatory.

I may well be wrong, but the tool to fight anti-vax would be transparancy, education and open discussion, not equilibrium/logan's run tier mandatory chemical injection.

There's clearly a problem.

Okkervils

He shouted out, "I'm all yours, Babooshka-ya-ya!"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The relative lack of severity of flu compared to the relative lack of effectiveness of flu vaccination, tells me that this is not an attempt at improving public health.
Even if the average effectiveness rate of the flu shot is 20-40%, that's 20-40% less people falling ill, potentially dying and taking up needed hospital beds. To say it's not an attempt to improve public health is exceptional.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino