• No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okkervils

He shouted out, "I'm all yours, Babooshka-ya-ya!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The relative lack of severity of flu compared to the relative lack of effectiveness of flu vaccination, tells me that this is not an attempt at improving public health.
Even if the average effectiveness rate of the flu shot is 20-40%, that's 20-40% less people falling ill, potentially dying and taking up needed hospital beds. To say it's not an attempt to improve public health is exceptional.

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
I would imagine if illegal immigration were to be limited there would be far fewer people in the country neglecting to get vaccinations for themselves or their children.

The fact that this discussion even touches on any other group shows the power of media over a population.

ProgKing of the North

21st Century Schizoid Manchild
kiwifarms.net
I would imagine if illegal immigration were to be limited there would be far fewer people in the country neglecting to get vaccinations for themselves or their children.

The fact that this discussion even touches on any other group shows the power of media over a population.
Not everything’s related to your pet subject. Like yeah migrants without vaccines and with diseases are a problem but they don’t have anything to do with dipshit soccer moms that think they can heal their kids with crystals or prayer as opposed to actual medicine

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That being said, I'm not against stupid people failing to vaccinate, if it really comes down to that. I feel a bit bad for their kids, though.
Feel sorry for the people who legitimately can't get immunized because they're severely immunocompromised or just elderly. They actually depend on the herd immunity these bioterrorists destroy.

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
Not everything’s related to your pet subject. Like yeah migrants without vaccines and with diseases are a problem but they don’t have anything to do with dipshit soccer moms that think they can heal their kids with crystals or prayer as opposed to actual medicine
It is a significantly more impactful arm of literally the same issue. I promise you that dipshit soccer moms are vaccinating their children at a far higher rate than illegal immigrants.

Caring about every meaningless person in the world who is wrong is pretty fucking autistic. I get that that is the nature of the site but that does not change that the consistent blindness towards a far more impactful group when it comes to lacking vaccinations seems shortsighted at best.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is a significantly more impactful arm of literally the same issue. I promise you that dipshit soccer moms are vaccinating their children at a far higher rate than illegal immigrants.

Caring about every meaningless person in the world who is wrong is pretty fucking autistic. I get that that is the nature of the site but that does not change that the consistent blindness towards a far more impactful group when it comes to lacking vaccinations seems shortsighted at best.
I suppose it would depend on how much contaact unvaccinated immigrants have with your average person versus ordinary soccer moms.

Personally I deal with the latter way more often.

Okkervils

He shouted out, "I'm all yours, Babooshka-ya-ya!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have you looked at the figures? The countries of origin that illegal-immigrants are coming from to cross the Southern border actually have higher rates of vaccination than the US. For example, Mexico has a 96% vaccination rate compared to the 92% vaccination rate America has.

And another example... The measles outbreak this year in New York was tied to non-vaccinating citizens travelling to other countries, contracting the virus and bringing it back. The reason it spread so much in New York is because the areas it was spread in were compromised of many orthodox jews who don't believe in vaccination.
Most cases have been reported from Williamsburg and Borough Park, Brooklyn. Five cases, including the initial case of measles, were acquired on a visit to Israel, where a large outbreak of the disease is occurring. Two people contracted measles from the U.K. and one from Ukraine

I honestly don't think illegal immigration is as big as a deal when it comes to spreading preventative diseases as some people think.

Last edited:

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't think illegal immigration is as big as a deal when it comes to spreading preventative diseases as some people think.
I agree. The biggest problem is dipshits in our own country not vaccinating their kids. That's what we should focus on really.

However, having undocumented people coming into your country, where idiots are deciding not to vaccinate can really multiple the chaos of the situation by bringing in shit that you wouldn't need to vaccinate in the first place, because it no longer existed in the area, then all the sudden El Rahn Hoiyabimbe comes in from the congo with the Tabwerkulosis and then you have a problem.

Reactions: nonvir_1984

nonvir_1984

kiwifarms.net
I was recently in Australia and like other developed countries, vaccination rates fell; heard immunity decreased. There being a strong tendency in authoritarianism there the Federal and state governments all passed various laws to force vaccination. The hold outs, apart from the whitey anti-vax nutters who also tend to have pet crystals and read astrology and shit like that were various ethnics and immigrants. In some of them in their plaaces of worship, vaccination was condemned as the work of shaytan and part of a plot.
I found the same nonsense in Scandinavia and Germany and France.
In various US govt reports on threats to security, pandemics have been identified as a major issue. The usual candidates are influenza (which has killed in Australia about 200 this winter), ebola and other hemorrhagic infections, which is spreading through parts of central Africa, SARS in Asia and bubonic and pneumonic plague, whih has recently been detected in about half a dozen countries. There is a www site I saw that tracks these things. Anyway, polio, measles and mumps are deadly and on the rise. And small pox appears to have returned.
The possibility of not only a pandemic but a multi-pronged pandemic is very high.
So these parents are being idiots. And irresponsible. But are we justified in coercing them?
I have my mountain retreat.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
Third-worlders may not have opportunities to get vaxed, but they trust vaccines more.
View attachment 807185

Meanwhile, Europe is hankering for Black Plague II: the Revengeance.
I'm not an anti-vaxer by any means, but I don't think an endorsement from people who think baldmens' heads contain gold, and like to preform cunnlingus on farm animals is very helpful.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The hold outs, apart from the whitey anti-vax nutters who also tend to have pet crystals and read astrology and shit like that were various ethnics and immigrants. In some of them in their plaaces of worship, vaccination was condemned as the work of shaytan and part of a plot.
Vaccinate on arrival. If they don't want it, they can go back to their shitholes.

We kind of have to put up with our homegrown crazies but there's no reason to import them.

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
What I've found is that people who immigrate to first world countries with cheaper/more accessible vaccines are absolutely elated and one of the first things they do when they can is get all the medications and vaccines they can get here which were far harder to get there.
Unlike in first world countries, these people see how deadly polio, measles, and even chicken pox as examples are on a near daily basis. A big reason these first world vaxxers are fine with endangering their kids is because they don't actually realise how dangerous these diseases are. That's why when normal people say "so you'd rather your child be dead than autistic" it doesn't work, they don't expect a child to die even if it does contract these disease
I've also seen that most anti vaxxer communities don't pop up until some white bitch shows up in their country and acts like an authority on vaccines trying to keep their vaccination rates low because they know they won't get the same reception in the west as with the third world countries who put their faith in us and pretty much assume we've all got some great education (because if they had the same resources we do they'd snatch them up in an instant). Sure religious nutjobs exist there too, but that's just the thing, it's the same people who exist here. But here we've also got people who seem to think they've ascended science and look to ancient third world countries for "medicine" that these countries have overwhelmingly rejected years ago in favour of evidence-based practice

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino