War Antifa Is Arming Itself Against a Trump Crackdown - Will leftist pro-gun groups deter political violence or inflame it?

Will Antifa successfully fend off a Trump crackdown, even while armed?

• Yes. BASH THE FASH.

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • No. The Antifags are more likely to shoot themselves with their guns, deliberately or by accident.

Votes: 302 90.1%
  • I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 14 4.2%

• Total voters
Most of my reading for the last few years has been in academia so I'm used to reading with a high lighter and having to go back and revisit sources.
Oh jesus christ you're one of them? How on earth does that help?

I have read so many fucking second hand books where some sped seemingly highlighted phrases at complete fucking random... You read the goddamn book stupid, not write in it. It's not highlights (Zing!)

ConfederateIrishman

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I have read so many fucking second hand books where some sped seemingly highlighted phrases at complete fucking random... You read the goddamn book stupid, not write in it. It's not highlights (Zing!)
It does help quickly find out when "credible" sources are just pulling stuff out of their asses and when blogs actually did their research on their citations.

It also is a good way to ignore a bunch of clickbait articles and go straight for what they all are quoting, such as a government PDF, instead of being stuck with a bunch of shitty hottakes.

Chadley Dickinson

kiwifarms.net

Because it allows me to go back to a source and find exactly what I am looking for. I also use tabs on which I can write why I may want to go back to the page. It's much easier to highlight and use tabs to organize what I may need to go back for in an issue of International Security Studies or an academic press book than to spend time reading back through the entire thing to figure out where the information I want is. I also use highlighting for identifying central arguments of articles and books and supporting evidence or data, which made grad school much easier because my reading load was in the hundreds of pages a week.

AprilRains

The Terrible Secret of Shopping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, I see we're talking about two different things. You're talking more about academic publications, I was talking about people doing it to novels and light non-fictional analysis.

Ok then good, so you're not that kind of crazy person.
I loaned a fiction paperback to a dude once and the idiot scrawled notes in it to prove how clever he was. I proceed myself cleverer by never loaning him another book.

Come to think of it, this same goober declared himself to be "radicalized" when Trump was elected, and I'm told he talks of revolution often. I don't think he has practiced marksmanship in the last ten years.

Chadley Dickinson

kiwifarms.net
Ah, I see we're talking about two different things. You're talking more about academic publications, I was talking about people doing it to novels and light non-fictional analysis.

Ok then good, so you're not that kind of crazy person.
Unless I'm analyzing something fictional (which I'm thinking about doing for a larger project I want to work on on my own time but which I've written about before and the topic of which is probably the only thing which would keep me in academia for any amount of time) specifically for research purposes then I don't deface the books I read purely for pleasure with notes and highlights.

Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Chadley Dickinson

kiwifarms.net
I loaned a fiction paperback to a dude once and the idiot scrawled notes in it to prove how clever he was. I proceed myself cleverer by never loaning him another book.

Come to think of it, this same goober declared himself to be "radicalized" when Trump was elected, and I'm told he talks of revolution often. I don't think he has practiced marksmanship in the last ten years.
That is definitely a dick move. I would never borrow a book from someone and fuck it up with notes and shit. If I felt the need to keep the original text and highlight and take notes I would either buy my own copy or photocopy the pages I needed.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I know one of these spergs. He's obsessed with Mosin rifles, like they have magic fashbashing powers that your regular deerkiller boomstick lacks.

At least he's got an historical fetish, and not the Dallas Weeb Shooter cosplay mentality, I guess?
Well mosins are cheap, reliable, and they're Russian. Is it possible he put that much thought into it?

To be honest anyone who has a love for a particular gun or line of guns who doesn't shoot many guns regularly at a range or whatever is a poser. It's like kindergartners thinking lamborghinis are the coolest car ever because they play with micro machines. What do you know about cars?

Duke Nukem

Dimensional Merge Welcoming Party #1218C197
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand why anyone buys magazines at all, let alone at "new hardbound book" prices.
I buy magazines once in a while, depending on the model and caliber I need them for.

It's a reference to Jim Zumbo, who opened his mouth and talked about how hunters shouldn't use military style rifles to hunt game. Of course, there are problems with that -- namely, that one man's military rifle is another man's hunting rifle. The result was that he got blackballed from the firearm/pro-2A community.

So I have a friend with an in on this, and got him to give me the pocket edition:
LOL I love how the "you don't need military rifles to hunt deer" crowd doesn't realize that pretty much every kind of firearm that has ever existed was issued or in use by some country's military at some point in time, from primitive matchlock muskets to modern automatic rifles. Even big game .500+ Nitro Express types were brought over from Africa to flush out German sniper nests in World War I at times.

I don't give a fuck about hunters. The 2a isn't there to protect their weird hobby.
I'm neutral on hunting in general, I mean, if you eat meat, you have no right to complain IMO. Besides, deer are kind of a pest animal in some places, so I kinda get it. Plus, it does put meat on the table for some families. Trophy hunters, though, those guys are the real weirdos. Shelling out thousands just to put a rare endangered (?) rainbow colored giraffe or whatever in your man cave? Eh, you do you I guess.

But yes, I love it when people say the 2nd Amendment is "for hunting," when it's clear they've never read the actual language of the BoR.

Duke Nukem

Dimensional Merge Welcoming Party #1218C197
kiwifarms.net
Which gun is most like the hanzo steel katana? I need to know so I dont look like a idiot in the anarchist revolution?
I can hook you up with an 80% AR-10 receiver made of forged Tycenadium along with a jig and special cutting tools. :tyceknife:

It has skeletons engraved on the sides and does +9 damage against minorities.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
I buy magazines once in a while,
I'm neutral on hunting in general, I mean, if you eat meat, you have no right to complain IMO. Besides, deer are kind of a pest animal in some places, so I kinda get it. Plus, it does put meat on the table for some families. Trophy hunters, though, those guys are the real weirdos. Shelling out thousands just to put a rare endangered (?) rainbow colored giraffe or whatever in your man cave? Eh, you do you I guess.

But yes, I love it when people say the 2nd Amendment is "for hunting," when it's clear they've never read the actual language of the BoR.
I'm not *against* hunting. It just seems like an incredible waste of time and effort. A day spent hunting, plus licenses, travel, and all the silly toys they get, multiplied by the chance of failure, is not as good a way to get meat as working that same day and buying meat that was grown on a farm.

Of course, if you're going to lean out your window and Glock a deer, that makes sense to me. I'm thinking more of the guys who take a big trip to hunt and come home empty handed and filthy.

To each their own.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌛
kiwifarms.net
Which gun is most like the hanzo steel katana? I need to know so I dont look like a idiot in the anarchist revolution?
It depends on the job, but I would recommend a high quality AR-15 with a holographic reflex sight. It's best to keep it simple. Also, make sure to invest in high quality magazines. A weak magazine spring is the bane of my life.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino