Any Musicians Here? -

Randy Lahey

Trailer Park Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Alright well now I don't feel so dumb for wanting to go down to the store for a guitar and an amp. Thanks guys.

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
kiwifarms.net
I play guitar. Rather obsessed with it, even. I mainly use my purple Jackson dinky and red Jackson soloist, both with DiMarzio pickups. Hoping to get one of the Fusion Pro models from 1990 sooner or later. I've heard those MIJ Pro models from the 90s were one par with the USA models.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Mesh Gear Fox

Hi, how are you?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
and the new laws on rosewood exports
Yeah, I just bought a new Les Paul Standard, and damn they've gone up. Gibson and Fender both raised their prices in January as we now have set limits on how much rosewood can be imported each year. Instruments are going to start to become ridiculously expensive as more and more woods are added to CITES.

I guess, buy now if you can.

Cuck Norris

dude weed lmao
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I just bought a new Les Paul Standard, and damn they've gone up. Gibson and Fender both raised their prices in January as we now have set limits on how much rosewood can be imported each year. Instruments are going to start to become ridiculously expensive as more and more woods are added to CITES.

Or just buy used. There's way too much stigma against buying used instruments.

Reynard

Alpha [She]Male
kiwifarms.net

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of rosewood boards. As long as ebony and maple are options, I'll be happy.

Boris Johnson

Cripes! It's Bozza!
kiwifarms.net
Not sure it counts in the context of this thread but I'm a choral singer - mainly bass (though I can help out with tenor parts now and again) - and I really want to learn to play the piano! Unfortunately my house is the size of a shoebox at the minute so I'm a bit restricted in that regard!

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I play guitar. Rather obsessed with it, even. I mainly use my purple Jackson dinky and red Jackson soloist, both with DiMarzio pickups. Hoping to get one of the Fusion Pro models from 1990 sooner or later. I've heard those MIJ Pro models from the 90s were one par with the USA models.
Oh shit, those are both sick as fuck guitars! Jackson and Charvel are just killing it when it comes to superstrats. I have a Danelectro myself, but I'm also saving money for something with a bit more output. I really fancy myself a Fibenare Erotic:

As for music, I'm working on a guitar cover of this beautiful song sung by Zsuzsa Cserháti:

Playing the vocals on guitar poses quite a bit of challenge. I really want to get the singer's expressiveness and dynamic range, so I have to find a nice, balanced amount of gain so I can get a nice sustain if I vibrate my notes properly, but not so much gain that it goes to the detriment of the dynamics. For the very same reason I can't use too much compression either, so I have to be extra careful and hit the notes properly, no hiding behind walls of overdrive. I'm also working a lot on my phrasing, grace notes and vibrati, so I sound as vocal as possible. I'll probably add some improvized shredding as well, but first I have to make sure it all sounds tasteful and fitting.

• Agree
Reactions: Dual Rectifier

Dual Rectifier

100 Watt count; 100 dead count
kiwifarms.net
I honestly find that playing along to any singer is a really fantastic way to build up a great vibrato and touch. Most vocal lines aren't too difficult, but getting the smoothness of it is incredibly difficult.

Recently I've been working on improving my mixing and mastering - I beefed up my home studio with better microphones, better audio interfaces, and a shit ton of plugins that have really been throwing me for a loop with their quality. I'm throwing it out there - if any Kiwis need help with production, come talk to me! I'd love to help out. I usually work with metal, rock, and alternative, but I've produced orchestral and electronic pieces in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Meat_Puppet

A Midnight Rhapsody
kiwifarms.net
I used to do vocals/ back up a couple years back for my ex's metal band. They unfortunately broke up just last year but a couple of them are still really good friends and sometimes we just hang out and rehearse just for the hell of it. They made one album and my only real claim other than doing back up for a couple songs was that I was on the cover in full goth get up holding my boyfriend's Bc Rich Warlock. God damn just thinking about that guitar... fucking hot.

Eldritch

Ian Smith did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
I started playing piano earlier this year, but then I saw a street performer in london playing classical music on a mandolin. I got one almost immediately after I got back to the states and I love it. I plan on learning other instruments, especially the renaissance lute and other obscure folk instruments.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino