Any Musicians Here? -

Eldritch

Music Snob and Gun Connoiseur
kiwifarms.net
Literally my first composition.

I'm really digging the beat, but I think the melody itself sounds a little too much like what everyone else is doing. Ignore what they're doing on the indie radio station and try experimenting a little more.

A Cold Potato

I know nothing at all.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm really digging the beat, but I think the melody itself sounds a little too much like what everyone else is doing. Ignore what they're doing on the indie radio station and try experimenting a little more.
Fair enough.

I'm really just trying to figure out Fl studio at this point.

I want to make something more ambient, but textured.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to learn this beautiful Steve Morse song on the guitar for the wedding of a friend of mine:

If everything goes as planned, wedding's gonna be held late November. Wish me luck!

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: A Cold Potato

A Cold Potato

I know nothing at all.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1: open fl studio
2: import > midi file...(hurt.midi)
3:export > wave file
4: close fl studio
I do that.

I made the mistake of using a low res picture.

Youtube fucks the audio down to the videos quality.

https://youtu.be/RNGceIWgpLk

Edit: Oh, I see that you were saying I did nothing but Import a midi, then export it?

Go search up the original midi, you dumb fuck.

I gurantee that it won't sound like this.

Guess somebody never played Harvest Moon.

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
I do that.

I made the mistake of using a low res picture.

Youtube fucks the audio down to the videos quality.

https://youtu.be/RNGceIWgpLk
What i'm saying is, importing midis isn't really doing anything. Not trying to discourage you, just saying. Transcribing midi files is a skill. Keep doing what you're doing if you enjoy it, but ripping midis and reupping them without credit is basically plagiarism.

Also, dont know if you're familiar with tweakbench, but they put out some pretty great free chiptune-esque vstis.

Last edited:

A Cold Potato

I know nothing at all.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What i'm saying is, importing midis isn't really doing anything. Not trying to discourage you, just saying. Transcribing midi files is a skill. Keep doing what you're doing if you enjoy it, but ripping midis and reupping them without credit is basically plagiarism.

Also, dont know if you're familiar with tweakbench, but they put out some pretty great free chiptune-esque vstis.
Fair enough.

I do actual music too, or, at least, starting to.

https://youtu.be/AGRA6PQ8l0A

• Informative
Reactions: Deadwaste and r00

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
Edit: Oh, I see that you were saying I did nothing but Import a midi, then export it?

Go search up the original midi, you dumb fuck.

I gurantee that it won't sound like this.
I actually did look up the midi. I also dubbed it directly over your version and hard panned them. It's identical, right down to the grace notes, and the 88bpm tempo (as opposed to the original which is around 91 - 92. Poor form. (replacing the vst also doesn't count as work. Thats like copypasting text and changing the font).

Everyone starts somewhere, but still...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino