Any Musicians Here? -

Eldritch

Ian Smith did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
This seems like a good time to share my passion.

Here we have my first mandolin, a Gretsch New Yorker.
Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-25-45.png

My 1900s bowlback mandolin.
Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-32-34-1-1.png

(I have two other mandolins that are not pictured, one is a generic wineburst color mandolin and the other is a folksy looking locally made mandolin with a nice rattlesnake marquetry pattern on the back.)

My Eddy Finn cigar box ukulele

Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-31-43.png

My 1970s balalaika
Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-31-36.png

My Descant Renaissance lute by Roosebeck
Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-31-31.png

I feel inclined to include this because it is a rather pricey book about how a lute is made, and much of my interest comes from the construction and appearance of instruments themselves. I intend to put the information in this book to use someday and build a lute myself.
Screenshot_2018-06-24-19-31-39.png

I have an obsession with folk instruments and historical instruments (particularly stringed) and I have a laundry list of instruments to add to my collection. When I have the time and resources I intend to build a few myself, especially ones that aren't common enough to readily buy.

I intend learn as many instruments I own as possible.

Alex Krycek

russian bot
kiwifarms.net
I used to play drums, bass, and I still play banjo. Literally lost everything last year except the banjo and my records as far as music goes. On the flip, this time next year I should have some Ziljan Cymbals, a custom drum kit and a sweet new set up.

I kinda want to start playing accordion but I'm almost 30. Think I'll stick to drums and banjo. Unless I have a kid who enjoys listening to my dad's old Polka and Salsa records and wants one, then we can play together.

Diplowave

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This seems like a good time to share my passion.

Here we have my first mandolin, a Gretsch New Yorker.
View attachment 481016

My 1900s bowlback mandolin.
View attachment 481017
(I have two other mandolins that are not pictured, one is a generic wineburst color mandolin and the other is a folksy looking locally made mandolin with a nice rattlesnake marquetry pattern on the back.)

My Eddy Finn cigar box ukulele

View attachment 481018

My 1970s balalaika
View attachment 481019

My Descant Renaissance lute by Roosebeck
View attachment 481020

I feel inclined to include this because it is a rather pricey book about how a lute is made, and much of my interest comes from the construction and appearance of instruments themselves. I intend to put the information in this book to use someday and build a lute myself.
View attachment 481021

I have an obsession with folk instruments and historical instruments (particularly stringed) and I have a laundry list of instruments to add to my collection. When I have the time and resources I intend to build a few myself, especially ones that aren't common enough to readily buy.

I intend learn as many instruments I own as possible.
Are you a bard? Do you know aNY status effect tunes?

Gus

Interlocutor
kiwifarms.net
I know the lyrics and tunes to a ton of minstrel/folk songs dating from the antebellum period to Jolson's vaudeville numbers, and by heart. I sing them to myself a lot, and I put a lot of emotion into it, so I've developed a full singing voice; I'm told it can be quite good when I do let out my voice to others, so I get encouraged to keep trying.

I've also picked up a few dance moves to go with the songs, so when I'm feeling good, I like to perform "Mammy" and some others in my big mirror. I've learned to work up tears when I get on my knee for the aforementioned song, as well. The thing that continues to elude me, however, is how to get Jolie's whistle right when I do "Swanee". I also do tend to avoid using blackface too often because it's a bit of a hassle to apply and remove when I usually just perform for myself.

Sexy Times Hitler

WELL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been writing some songs in my spare time. Apparently The Magnetic Fields have been more of an influence than I thought in terms of dry, sarcastic songwriting.

But outside of that I know a little guitar, and I've been meaning to learn more, but I really know how to play hand drums like bongos, congos, etc.

Last edited:

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy the electric guitar, especially learning songs I enjoy from various genres like blues, surf, jazz, and the guilty pleasure 80s metal. I love all sorts of models of them but my favorite is they ES-335 ones for there warm tone and if they have split coils.

A Cold Potato

yeah... oh, no shame, no shame in these farts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Might as well post the latest thing I shat out while I'm here...

The Shadow

Friendly Neighborhood Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
I play guitars (acoustic, electric, and lap steel) and bass. I'm pretty decent at blues, country and classic rock but am trying to learn more about music theory, and I'm interested in learning about synthesizers too. I love the way they sound but were always intimidating since I have no transferable keyboard skills.

King Buzzo

I'm starboard to nowhere on the Milky Way
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Used to play the tenor sax until my music teacher ruined it for me. Had a Yamaha keyboard that I screwed around with that got lost somewhere in the closet (pulled it out some time ago and was smashed in by something heavy, still worked but sounded it like a dying squeaker toy when played). Dabbled in programming and sampling music, may revisit. Might try a hand at playing guitar, got a setup planned when I have the money.

• Feels
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino