Any other fans of Stoner/Doom? -

D

DK 900

kiwifarms.net
I don't know the proper terminology, but I enjoy both the more high-energy stoner rock and the really heavy sludge/doom metal. I've been listening to more of the latter lately, especially Monolord. Here are a few albums I'd recommend:

Jeremy Galt

I seen it on TV
kiwifarms.net
I like Eugene Stoner. He designed the AR10 rifle.

Oops, I guess I'm on the wrong thread. Also I don't if Stoner liked stoner music.

RichardMongler

kiwifarms.net
Doom Metal? Absolutely. Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Pagan Altar, Funeral, Black Hole and Bedemon rule. I even like subgenres like Death/Doom and Sludge.

Stoner Metal? Depends. Stuff like Sleep, Elder, Ufomammut, Acrimony and Weedeater* are great. I can leave stuff like Internal Void, Goatsnake, High on Fire and Bongzilla.

*Technically a Southern Metal band with marijuana-themed lyrics, but for the sake of argument, let's call 'em Stoner Metal.

Jimboree

Look up "432hz healing frequency"
kiwifarms.net
yeah, there's nothing like a good hit of Southern Sludge Metal. Eyehategod and Buzzoven come to mind:
Big doom guy in general. Can't say the same with stoner though, most of those bands try too hard to rip off the greats (Kyuss, Sleep, Fu Manchu, Electric Wizard, etc. etc.) rather than be "original".

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Clutch still falls under "stoner" rock, although their more recent albums have been more just solid hard rock. As it is, they're my fave band, hands down.

I've also recently came across Church of the Cosmic Skull. They're a bit gimmicky - think if Ghost and the bad guys from far Cry 5 did the fusion dance, but they got a real solid sound to them.

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
Church of Misery are a Japanese stoner/doom band formed in the mid 90s. They have a cool sound, but the recording's pretty raw...

Greenmachine are another Japanese band formed around the same time. Their stuff touches on stoner/doom but is primarily really heavy sludge, but quite fast for sludge. Kind of hard to categorize.

Really can't beat some Boris though.

Last edited:

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
Goblin Cock are really underappreciated. It's Rob Crow's Stoner/Doom project, the guy that also did Heavy Vegetable in the 90s, so it's like Stoner/Doom mixed with the weird, quirky experimental alternative rock vibes of his other projects.

Downtuned, chunky slow to mid paced guitars, great drumming, clean vocals and occasionally some atmospheric synth stuff in the background. I'll admit, about a decade ago I checked them out just because of the name, but I remained a fan due to the great sound.

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
Pure, ulfiltered stoner/doom supergroup that featured Wino, members of Sleep/Om and eventually Dale Crover, Melvins drummer.

Some of Wino's other Stoner/Doom projects are quite interesting, although they have a huge Southern Rock influence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sexy Times Hitler
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino