Anyone into gunpla - Japanophiles unite to share tips on painting our toys (GUNPLA IS FREEDOM)

Doodler98

kiwifarms.net
I bought a super nova altron nataku a while back as a way to get back into the hobby. Only problem is right now I don't have the space to put it together, paint it or even display it, so it's sitting in its box until I can move out to a bigger place.

Reactions: Grundlejungle

cool4cats

kiwifarms.net
I bought a super nova altron nataku a while back as a way to get back into the hobby. Only problem is right now I don't have the space to put it together, paint it or even display it, so it's sitting in its box until I can move out to a bigger place.
got the heavy arms from them too im liking it so far but yeah hes a big boy

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
I'm more super mini-pla myself, already built the hyper agent gridman kit (major pain, but it was fun) unfortunately I'm not the patient type so I don't paint. Either way I plan on picking up another kit (gridman sigma and dyna dragon) next.

Weebsperg

kiwifarms.net
I've recently started building gunpla with my son. We haven't gotten into painting them yet. So far we have built 3 high grade kits, the RX-78-2, Chars Zaku II, and the MS-07 Gouf Custom. We just built our first RG kit, the basic Zaku II. It's been fun and a great way for my son and I to bond.

Grundlejungle

King of swamp ass
kiwifarms.net
I fucking love plamo/gunpla, I have something like 30 kits in my backlog (I got a lot of good deals from the local anime store going tits up). I've recently gotten really into weathering my grunt suits, with my most recent project being the MG Zaku Cannon.
I'm more super mini-pla myself, already built the hyper agent gridman kit (major pain, but it was fun) unfortunately I'm not the patient type so I don't paint. Either way I plan on picking up another kit (gridman sigma and dyna dragon) next.
Super mini-pla consistently puts out the actual best kits that bandai has ever made (get victory robo if you have the opportunity, it is a perfect 10/10) That being said, they're fucking overpriced, because bandai knows that they can charge whatever they want. How the fuck does the MG Thunderbolt VerKa have over 600% more mass than SMP Combattler V, and also cost less?

Syn_32

kiwifarms.net
I fucking love plamo/gunpla, I have something like 30 kits in my backlog (I got a lot of good deals from the local anime store going tits up). I've recently gotten really into weathering my grunt suits, with my most recent project being the MG Zaku Cannon.

Super mini-pla consistently puts out the actual best kits that bandai has ever made (get victory robo if you have the opportunity, it is a perfect 10/10) That being said, they're fucking overpriced, because bandai knows that they can charge whatever they want. How the fuck does the MG Thunderbolt VerKa have over 600% more mass than SMP Combattler V, and also cost less?
I agree, mini-pla is a tad pricey for the more "well known" kits (looked up prices for victory robo and I'm not surprised, mandarake says bout 80ish before shipping in usd) but the kit that is my "rare and I want" is the older mini-pla of mega voyager from megaranger (old mini-pla before supers were introduced, were scaled down deluxe versions with added possibility), mega voyager was my first megazord as a kid growing up. Sadly one of the arms broke off, because it was stupidly tight and I was a little too strong as a kid (still have that zord, just in storage), but if I can ever find it, because searching for older minis results in finding just supers, it will be grabbed if I have the money. But, chances are slim.

TchPiKinmup

kiwifarms.net
With the changing news cycle, it's never been more important to keep the conversation going about racial equality. We are proud to introduce our 1st sheet of waterslide decals, developed with
@newtype
.official and
@hiqparts
. Show your support with your builds and #buildequality.
1600165029061.png

1600165045273.png

1600165057543.png

So no corner of the world is safe from complete nonsense. I've got to assume that most Gunpla fans are not exactly friendly to the sort of politics that BLM ascribes to but, as always with Twitter, there are plenty of supporting comments.

Gundam Wing on Toonami and the subsequent merchandising blitz introduced me to Gunpla and I dip my toe in now and again. The last model I built was an MG Zaku a few years ago but I've got Wood, Buzz Lightyear, EVA-1, R2D2, 3PO, and 0-0-0 in a box somewhere, awaiting a rainy day build.

gangweedfan

Now yuo see...
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I was a retard who made kits with scissors instead of nippers (to be fair I was like 12 then) and then I graduated to a retard who used the same grit of sand paper for everything and never painted over the marks but next time I get back into gunpla I wont make any more rookie mistakes. My favorite kits are HG and RG kits cause I like the tiny size.

Grundlejungle

King of swamp ass
kiwifarms.net
With the changing news cycle, it's never been more important to keep the conversation going about racial equality. We are proud to introduce our 1st sheet of waterslide decals, developed with
@newtype
.official and
@hiqparts
. Show your support with your builds and #buildequality.
View attachment 1597565
View attachment 1597566
View attachment 1597567
Their biggest mistake was making them waterslide decals, as opposed to regular decals. The terminally low-iq types that buy into BLM definitely would have serious trouble not fucking it up.
The only BLM shill that is into gunpla I can think of (youtube reviewer mechagaikotsu) is shit at decals, leaves obvious nubs, and doesn't even topcoat (the easiest part IMO).

Tags
None