Apex Legends General - Another "Battle Royal"

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Apex Legends is a character-driven, squad-based Battle Royale shooter where teamwork is the difference between victory and defeat." This spells defeat for Phil Burnell.

It's about teamwork, an ability not compatible with pigroach, has to be some stupid gimmick for kids. You don't need voice chat, but you will 100% fail if you go on your own. I also wondered which class is the most basic "soldier like" one, he will pick and stick with it. Or he remembers his own words and will try some of these classes - until he finds the most basic soldier like.
Fun fact: I've been playing Apex for a few hours now and can tell you right off the bat, that Phil will blame EVERYTHING on his teammates. He's gonna flip if someone picks the class he wants to be as well. Expect god levels of lobby quits.
Phil took the opportunity to tweet his opinion on Apex Legend's current success.

I just checked on Twitch. None of the top few rows, save for one, have #ad or #sponsored (you know, as required by Twitch and by law). And the one that does is sponsored by someone who is not the game maker. So Phil's salty and, shock, wrong
After airing his opinions, Phil then scheduled himself to play it.

upload_2019-2-6_11-2-46.png

Phil played Apex Legends Co-Op (arranged teams with mics on) for the first (and possibly last) time on Feb-10-2019. One of Phil's two worst Co-Op fears were realized. He was not verbally undermined by trolls. Rather, his viewers were introduced to someone much more likable than himself

10/2/19 - The day Brian BLACKED Phil.

This is great, Phil's chat LOVES Brian, can't stop talking about him, and Phil can't attack them for it like he did when Wings was in his chat. He has to sit there and pretend it doesn't bother him, but inside the salt level is rising, he can't stand not being the center of attention.
Brian "TigerPowered" Deneal, one of extremely few people to wade into detractor waters and still be in Phil's good graces. Appeared on the SoKast twice (eps. 28 and 43) and sat through a Let's Endure of Mortal Kombat 9 with them on the latter occasion. If Phil didn't drop the acquaintance at that point, Brian's relatively safe from becoming a detractor meme.

Last edited:

AnonymousDimwit

Guns don't kill people - the government does.
kiwifarms.net
So...sponsored streams are bad...except when Phil engages in them on Twitch. Didn't big mouth learn his lesson the first time he got in shit for whining about shills and "not real gamers?" I guess in Goutopia, the only thing that matters is if it makes Phil money.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He's showing this game zero respect. Who wants to bet he has sauce leftover and is doing sauce today out of spite for the game?

Awful Meerkat

Playing galf with dalphins and frags
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing it lately and here are my predictions for DSP:

• No solo - So he is forced to communicate with actual humans
  • He'll constantly drop solo because he can't stand others to dictate where he'll land
  • This will cause him to always get blacked 3v1
  • "My team is useless, I have *number of kills* and they don't do anything"
  • "No, I can't play with fans. There will be a lot of troll activity, okay?"
  • "This game is a ripoff of Blackout, Respawn just made a lazy ripoff of Blackout. What a bunch of idiots!"
  • This game sucks because there are no bathrooms to hide in
  • Lag
  • "I got disconnected dood, what a broken shitty game!"
  • "Stupid gimmicks, X game was better because it didn't have gimmicks"
  • *Mutes teammates*
Just finished writing this and came to the conclusion that this is every game ever for DSP.

feelsbadman :spudking:

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing wrong with paying prominent streamers to play your game as long as it's clear that it's a paid advertisement.

As usual, Phil's just turbo-fucking-salty he's not getting a slice of the pie.
I'll put this in the OP:

I just checked on Twitch. None of the top few rows, save for one, have #ad or #sponsored (you know, as required by Twitch and by law). And the one that does is sponsored by someone who is not the game maker. So Phil's salty and, shock, wrong

Dragoonism

Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.
kiwifarms.net
I watched Sterling's video and can only agree. Well, despite the fact he enjoy's not a single game made in the history of mankind (except for walking simulators), but Apex is clearly not a game for Phil. It's about teamwork, an ability not compatible with pigroach, has to be some stupid gimmick for kids. You don't need voice chat, but you will 100% fail if you go on your own. I also wondered which class is the most basic "soldier like" one, he will pick and stick with it. Or he remembers his own words and will try some of these classes - until he finds the most basic soldier like.

That being said, could be worth watching him. Restreamed.
Yeah, it is the teamwork that he mainly is going to have problems with, he is going to bitch so much on any teammate for not making him win it easily.

Reactions: Stay safe

TVBForever

kiwifarms.net
>Be Phil.
>Schedules an upcoming let's play on a sponsored game for that day.
>Sponsors said game only to promote in a very negative light couple days prior to scheduled livestream.

It ain't surprising considering his series of bitching, complaining, and ultimate contradictions (which says a whole lot). Staying classy as usual, Phil.

Haunter

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>Be Phil.
>Schedules an upcoming let's play on a sponsored game for that day.
>Sponsors said game only to promote in a very negative light couple days prior to scheduled livestream.

It ain't surprising considering his series of bitching, complaining, and ultimate contradictions (which says a whole lot). Staying classy as usual, Phil.
Just to be clear, Phil's not being sponsored to play Apex Legends, and apparently not many streamers have been.

The Manglement

Some internet faggot
kiwifarms.net
He is going to fucking despise this game. It has mandatory teamplay and an online game, so he's going to fuck himself over then endlessly bitch about bad connections and shitty teammates.

I see. So Phil is just once again making wild assumptions because of a game's hype then
Phil doesn't understand why human beings would enjoy a video game, so he just assumes that any popularity they gain is due to corporate shenanigans and not people enjoying them. He thinks everyone's life is as genuinely joyless as his.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
I love how he backed himself into a corner before even touching the game because of his dumb rant on Twitter. He's given people reason to give him a hard time, no matter what he'll think of the game.

1) He likes the game: people will shit on him for liking the game because he called the millions of people sheep and other content creators shills for already liking the game on day one, or
2) He doesn't like the game: people will shit on him for not giving the game a fair chance and hating it from the very beginning just out of principle/spite/being bad at the game.

And we all know what condition DSP sets for liking a game: he needs to do well. Looking at some of the game mechanics and FPS skills involved, I highly doubt he'll be succesful unless he actually does something logical for a change and forms a team with people he knows/can communicate with/that will carry him. Though my knowledge of the game is purely based on PC footage, and I know the console variants of FPS games tend to be a lot more forgiving because of controller potato aim.
But him fumbling around, basically playing solo and/or with randoms? Meh, I think he'll get his ass handed to him and the party will soon be over. He might even shit on the game the same night while playing Blackout, claiming that this is a REAL and GOOD Battle "Royal" (I roll my eyes every time he pronounces "Royale" like this) game.

BusyMaribo

Rate up is a God Damn Lie...
kiwifarms.net
Also considering how heavy the game relies on staying as a team, you have the ability to ping enemies and items, phils not gonna do that, He'll Hoard.
Hell when you jump from the ship it chooses a jump leader. Phil wont want that pressure, he'll most likely hit Circle which lets you jump solo. You also cant camp, the map isnt big enough for it. The circle closes faster then any of the other BR games out there. Also one of the Legends has a anti camper ability where they can ping everything in the surrounding area. and most teams run that Legend due to wanting to know where all the pick ups are. He wont follow Squad Synergy.
He is not gonna like this game, if he does, i'll eat my non existent hat.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just to be clear, Phil's not being sponsored to play Apex Legends, and apparently not many streamers have been.
There have been a couple since then, except that, oddly, the streamers who I saw were sponsored for a stream then continued to play it...it's almost like they really enjoyed the game and had so much fun that they wanted to come back to it even when they weren't being paid by a company to do so. Weird.

1) He likes the game: people will shit on him for liking the game because he called the millions of people sheep and other content creators shills for already liking the game on day one, or
2) He doesn't like the game: people will shit on him for not giving the game a fair chance and hating it from the very beginning just out of principle/spite/being bad at the game.
For normal people, you'd be right. If he somehow likes the game, he'll defend it by saying that he's being real and AHNEST because he wasn't sponsored like those elitists. He will have given the game a fair shake just like the rest of the Average Joes (TM) and liked it. If he (almost certainly) hates it, he'll decry it as a hyped-up shitfest, just like he did with DBFighterZ and KH3.

I'm just looking forward to hearing him bitch about lag and stuff, because the game itself honestly looks like a blast.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino