Apple removes Fortnite from App Store over dispute of 30% commission -

LawTwitter is Dumb

kiwifarms.net

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
A second offense has hit the towers!

Apple accounts need to be turned into Epic ones for Fortnite. Sweeny trying to pretend his lawsuit is ideological rather than financial, again.
"How dare Apple not let us have free reign in their walled garden! You're going to have to come to ours instead."

I'm sure this move will have zero consequences whatsoever should Apple prevail and Epic is forced to grovel and beg to be let back on the iOS App store.

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't get this bullshit Epic is pushing that they don't make money on Fortnite directly. It's pretty common for an app to be free, then try to hock a thousand microtransactions at you. Hell, some games are outright predatory about it, like SAS Zombie Assault 4 which was a pretty serviceable free to play game right up until you hit level 30 at which point the cost of grenades and healing items went up by about 5x their original value.
Sure, the makers of SAS ZA4 don't technically make money from the app itself, but from the weapons and cash packs sold in the app. What's the functional fucking difference? Apple is promoting Fortnite on it's store, people download it, and some of those people end up buying Epic's virtual crack. Apple made Epic money. And you can't tell me that they're not raking in cash hand over fist with this shit. They've been shelling out millions to deprive Steam of games. Certainly they're not struggling to "support" Fortnite with their income flow.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty common for an app to be free, then try to hock a thousand microtransactions at you.
Well duh that's literally the issue. Epic wants to get 100% of the profit from that, while using Apple's platform. They somehow think they're entitled to all the profit, and somehow, Apple is legally obligated to give them their platform, apparently for free.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Tim's master plan isn't just to take down Apple but things like Steam, Paypal, Amazon, and any other platform that charges you money and takes a cut for providing a platform.
Tim Sweeney said:
The right to build apps, share them with users directly, and do business directly, without being herded through a single centrally planned, anti-competitive store.
How about leading by example? We're waiting.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't matter at this point, what matters is their legal argument is about money.
yeah, but epic already claimed they don't make any from fortnite. so getting in a pissing match with apple about money which apparently doesn't even exist doesn't sound very smart. I mean this is epic, but still..

Tim's master plan isn't just to take down Apple but things like Steam, Paypal, Amazon, and any other platform that charges you money and takes a cut for providing a platform.
so when can I put my asset-flip on the epic store and take 100%?

LawTwitter is Dumb

kiwifarms.net
Tims Tweets and how he acts reminds me of someone, but god, this squirmy squirrely armed moron is such a joke. I do hope they use his tweets against him.
Real Lawyers don't read twitter right?

View attachment 1584740

1599742184652.png

1599742399417.png

1599742421974.png

1599742452862.png

1599742508299.png

1599742538184.png

1599742562995.png
https://archive.ph/O7xo1

Oh yea and with Rocket League, it was originally on Steam for years, then Epic bought them out and removed it from Steam. So much for "consumer choice" Tim.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Eat his lumch.

But there was no need to take it personally, Gabe ate everyone's lunches.
Because he's fat. He drank their milkshakes too.

The right to build apps, share them with users directly, and do business directly, without being herded through a single centrally planned, anti-competitive store.
This from the cunt who runs the Epic malware store?

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Tims Tweets and how he acts reminds me of someone, but god, this squirmy squirrely armed moron is such a joke. I do hope they use his tweets against him.

View attachment 1585124
https://archive.ph/O7xo1

Oh yea and with Rocket League, it was originally on Steam for years, then Epic bought them out and removed it from Steam. So much for "consumer choice" Tim.
surprised ubisoft apparently got unlimited exclusivity. either epic thought it was valuable enough to pay through the nose for that, or the 5% of tencent (after they tried to fight of vivendi) has much more influence than it seems.
hope it was worth it with 2 big flops to the point they now have to do actual remasters and whore out their franchise heros like sam fisher and aidan pierce to prop up their games.

• Agree
Reactions: LawTwitter is Dumb

Disc

Corruption in the CD-Rom
kiwifarms.net
Still waiting for user reviews on the Epic Games Store, plus tons of other features they promised to add. (Not that I use that shit fucking launcher anyways)
View attachment 1596854
https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1305611501592510470?s=20
https://archive.ph/YJg52
But yet again, another lie from Tim.
View attachment 1596856
https://twitter.com/thattridentdude/status/1305617427619872769?s=20
https://archive.vn/thbuv
That the epic games store

STILL

DOES NOT HAVE

A SHOPPING CART

is honestly ridiculous. It's just such a basic feature that it's absence continues to be a joke.

ErnestBeagleHole

kiwifarms.net
Did the epic store ever get an update to include things which steam has?
Friendlist, review pages or anything other than the nonexistent shopping cart

How can a CEO "ree" at stuff which his own store doesnt even have?

Tags
None