ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That the epic games store

STILL

DOES NOT HAVE

A SHOPPING CART

is honestly ridiculous. It's just such a basic feature that it's absence continues to be a joke.
Part of me believes that they still haven't added it for one of the following reasons.
A: Out of spite for the people pointing it out which would basically amount to kicking your customers because someone told you to stop kicking your customers.
B: They're secretly massively in debt from all the exclusivity contracts and can't actually afford to hire someone with the technical knowhow to put it together.
C: They're lazy, incompetent fuckwads who have no fucking business running a storefront and should shut the fuck up and go back to milking retarded kids for their allowances with Fortnight and also focus on making their fucking Unreal engine.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Part of me believes that they still haven't added it for one of the following reasons.
C: They're lazy, incompetent fuckwads who have no fucking business running a storefront and should shut the fuck up and go back to milking retarded kids for their allowances with Fortnight and also focus on making their fucking Unreal engine.
Part of me wishes that Apple had said "Sure! You can have your own Epic Games Store App on our store and distribute your own Apps/payments through it!" just so we could see how badly Epic would manage to completely fuck it up.

Disc

Corruption in the CD-Rom
kiwifarms.net

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
A: Out of spite for the people pointing it out which would basically amount to kicking your customers because someone told you to stop kicking your customers.
B: They're secretly massively in debt from all the exclusivity contracts and can't actually afford to hire someone with the technical knowhow to put it together.
it has a shopping cart - for the unreal engine market place.
also, considering the website consistently shits itself whenever more than a few handful of people want to grab some free shit, a shopping cart would probably outright delete the site for week. and that's after the html wrapper they call an "epic store" regularly shits itself that your only option to even buy something is via browser. good luck playing it tho. even origin runs better than that POS, and that's already a shitty webapp abomination.

Last edited:
Reactions: LawTwitter is Dumb

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
not sure if it was due to a deadline or apple trying to dunk on epic even harder, but this got filed on tuesday:

some juicy bits:

After Epic triggered the “hotfix” on August 13, Apple notified Epic that Fortnite violated the App Store Review Guidelines and that the app would be removed from the App Store until Epic provided an update that brought Fortnite back into compliance. The next day, Apple gave Epic notice that it also was in violation of the License Agreement. Apple has consistently provided Epic with opportunities to cure its breaches, which it continues to refuse. Instead, it engaged in a prepackaged marketing campaign and twice more submitted its app without removing the offending Epic direct payment feature.
Since the TRO ruling, Apple’s need to take action against both entities has been reinforced by information that Epic International (the Unreal Engine licensee) is collecting payment from iPhone users through the direct payment services that Epic Games (the Fortnite licensee) improperly inserted into Fortnite. (public reports indicate that circumvented payments from U.S. users go to Epic Games, and those from foreign users go to Epic International).
if true there's a good chance the unreal engine account (which seems to be one, apparently epic is too cheap to pay the $99 twice) is gone for good too.

the rest goes into how apple is not a monopoly (with fortnite still being available on a whole range of other platforms, and it's advertised cross-platform feature makes the device even less relevant), and makes a case that a platform holder can't be made to offer his service at his detriment and no oversight - argument being that apple only takes the 99 bucks + a cut of IAP, and no one forces epic to use IAP and more importantly would open a door for insecure apps and payment systems affecting other developers and the platform at large.
that epic's whole claim of harm is self inflicted so they can't suffer any harm at the hands of apple (imagine sweeney jumping in front of tim cook's car and sueing apple) and public interest favors apple protecting it's platform and all the users and developers, while epic willingly put them at risk.

With respect to Unreal Engine, which is used by a minuscule fraction of iPhone apps, the court expressed concern about potential harm to “both third-party developers and gamers.” But with regard to all these groups, the power to avoid this adverse impact lies entirely in Epic’s hands: The only reason third-party Fortnite players and Unreal Engine developers are threatened by this commercial dispute between Epic and Apple is because Epic is sacrificing them to advance its own commercial interests. And Epic’s defiance of Apple’s policies has put Apple to the choice of acceding to Epic’s demands or safeguarding the data and privacy of a billion customers who rely on the iPhone ecosystem. Apple’s decision to put its customers first should not be counted as a point favoring Epic in the equitable calculus. The public interest does not support rewarding Epic’s strategy of intentionally harming third parties to gain a pecuniary advantage, to the detriment of others who follow the rules.
not a lawyer but most of it makes sense. looks like timmy bit off more than he can chew. and it seems his lawyers finally managed to wrestle away his phone since he hasn't sperged about it yet :story:

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
not a lawyer but most of it makes sense. looks like timmy bit off more than he can chew. and it seems his lawyers finally managed to wrestle away his phone since he hasn't sperged about it yet :story:
Apple's filings are consistently very well written. This is the kind of quality you get when you have an entire team of lawyers who all cost $1,000 an hour or more backed up with a support team that is just as top notch. I don't know if they'll win but if they don't it won't be from defective pleadings.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I love the snide acknowledgement that Epic had their campaign ready to go before anything actually happened.

Would Apple be able to point at Epic snapping up exclusives, to counter the nonsense of them fighting against monopolies, or would be that outside the case merits?
They're asking for injunctive relief, which is an equitable remedy, so unclean hands is a potential issue. I'm not sure it's directly related to the lawsuit enough to bring in, but I'm sure they'll at least mention it, whether or not it's a valid argument. I'm pretty sure they already have, actually.

They have raised unclean hands, but not Epic's exclusives, and they didn't really elaborate on exactly why Epic has unclean hands.

Epic's monopoly argument is also just plain dumb. They're apparently trying to argue that somehow, Apple has a "monopoly" on iOS Apps in the App Store, which is ridiculous. It's like claiming McDonald's is a "monopoly" because they completely control sales of hamburgers in McDonald's restaurants. That's not what legally constitutes a monopoly.

Epic is also basically claiming they should get to ignore any contractual provisions binding them to do anything, meanwhile getting an injunction that Apple has to keep providing them the services they contracted for. This is just absolute bullshit. Also, Epic is claiming their reputation is harmed by the dispute itself. Meanwhile, they literally rolled out a huge ad campaign publicizing the dispute. If they're so harmed by it why'd they buy ads promoting it to the public?

The more you think about this, the more Epic looks like absolute shit and they didn't start out looking particularly good. I hope Apple curbstomps them.

Last edited:

LawTwitter is Dumb

kiwifarms.net
The more you think about this, the more Epic looks like absolute shit and they didn't start out looking particularly good. I hope Apple curbstomps them.
I hope Apple wins on ALL counts and then the developers that were on iOS that will get removed for using Unreal Engine, they'll probably go after Epic and sue epic as well, Epics also getting probed by the US for tencents association and ownership. I don't think Sweeneys Epic store will exist after that.

Tags
None