Apple Thread - The most overrated technology brand?

What killed Steve Jobs?

• Pancreatic Cancer

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • AIDS from having gay sex with Tim Cook

Votes: 198 87.2%

• Total voters

Celestial Being

I came here to laugh at you.
kiwifarms.net
That ad-tracking feature on iPhone 12 is making me strongly consider switching from my android. How has battery life been without 5g?

Finder

generic lain avatar.jpg
kiwifarms.net
The Ethernet-optional attachment to the power brick is just strange. Having a magnetic attachment on the other end will be an improvement over USB-C power that's constantly falling out, but why would you want a breakaway cable on a desktop model, much less one that does data? I don't know what problem they're trying to solve here.
They want the minimum number of cables visible and in most workplaces Ethernet hookups are near or on the floor. So you get a short run of Ethernet hidden out of the way behind the desk and you maintain the aesthetic of a single cable. That's really all it's about, they want it to look a specific way and some random blue Ethernet cable doesn't fit their vision of the computer.

Coffee Shits

Did someone say "wattage"?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They want the minimum number of cables visible and in most workplaces Ethernet hookups are near or on the floor. So you get a short run of Ethernet hidden out of the way behind the desk and you maintain the aesthetic of a single cable. That's really all it's about, they want it to look a specific way and some random blue Ethernet cable doesn't fit their vision of the computer.
Dropping my internet connection when I lean my foot on the cable for 1 second doesn't fit my vision of a computer either.

Finder

generic lain avatar.jpg
kiwifarms.net
Dropping my internet connection when I lean my foot on the cable for 1 second doesn't fit my vision of a computer either.
I'm just telling you why they did it. And let's be real, how often do you touch the power cable with your feet?

Coffee Shits

Did someone say "wattage"?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just telling you why they did it. And let's be real, how often do you touch the power cable with your feet?
They did it for a dumb reason. Ethernet cables have the tab so the cable stays in, not so it can fall out. Haven't you ever stretched your legs at your desk?

deso2y

The Grand Imam of al-Azhar
kiwifarms.net
The average young apple tree needs a lot of water in order to develop strong roots, leaves and finally fruits. As a rule of thumb, young apple trees need more water than mature apple trees, which can rely mostly on rainwater in regions with frequent rainfalls. As a second rule of thumb, in regions where there are no frequent rainfalls, it is beneficial to irrigate apple trees (especially the younger ones) about once a week from late spring to fall (May to October). As a third rule of thumb, the majority of apple trees need almost half of the annual water supply during summer (July and August). However, these are just rules of thumb that should not be followed without making your own research. Every field is different and has different needs. Although some general rules may apply, soil texture and climate conditions determine at a great percentage the amount of water needed in order to harvest a fair yield.
What technology exactly do you need as a farmer to grow some fucking apples?! Jesus, it's like you folks haven't even read the forum's name before registering

Finder

generic lain avatar.jpg
kiwifarms.net
They did it for a dumb reason. Ethernet cables have the tab so the cable stays in, not so it can fall out. Haven't you ever stretched your legs at your desk?
Yes, and I've never once touched a cable when doing so. That just speaks to poor cable management.

This probably isn't going to be a real issue people have while using these Macs. Heck the majority of them are probably going to be connected via wifi.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, and I've never once touched a cable when doing so. That just speaks to poor cable management.

This probably isn't going to be a real issue people have while using these Macs. Heck the majority of them are probably going to be connected via wifi.
You would be surprised. Even if only a thousand people kick the cable one too many times that will mean 1000+ people being angry on twitter with more people amplifying them.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ethernet-optional attachment to the power brick is just strange. Having a magnetic attachment on the other end will be an improvement over USB-C power that's constantly falling out, but why would you want a breakaway cable on a desktop model, much less one that does data? I don't know what problem they're trying to solve here.
The new iMac models are less than half an inch thick. So, they could fit an RJ-45 port in, just, but it wouldn't fit behind the screen and whatever space it took up in the chin would be effectively dead space. They give the same reason for the exclusion of USB-A ports, though that's considerably less of an issue than RJ-45 would be.

Bins

LGBTQ+, BIPOC, Autistic, Nonbinary, infinitfat
kiwifarms.net
Can anyone find a photo of the new iMacs that doesn't just look like a render?
This was the only one I found

m1-imac-orange.jpeg

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Biden avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Look like a pancake, that can't be good for thermals
Well, this is largely the same hardware they've already been using in laptops (including some very thin ones) for several months now. I've yet to hear of anyone having heat-related issues with M1 hardware, but I guess we'll see how things go as the years pass.