Apple's App Store art is fucking horrendous | Flat art / Alegria / Corporate Memphis - click for feet

greenthrowaway

kiwifarms.net
Not only do they want me to consume the globohomo they want me to snitch? I’d rather stop using tech than succumb to what little bugmen their users have become.

Attachments

• 802D9320-C890-476D-B875-6BDB784C68B9.jpeg
    802D9320-C890-476D-B875-6BDB784C68B9.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 350
  • 04767A7E-B793-471A-93C8-C6C48992A811.jpeg
    04767A7E-B793-471A-93C8-C6C48992A811.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 347

Dick Justice

If you say "normie" you are that which you condemn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not only do they want me to consume the globohomo they want me to snitch? I’d rather stop using tech than succumb to what little bugmen their users have become.
Remember to introduce entropy into the system by snitching on wrong and random businesses, and also accusing the most progressive ones of "racism".

do you like my hat

kiwifarms.net
Oh thank god other people agree that this shit is tiresome. It's like somebody rolled the concepts of agoraphobia and smugness together and then gave it form.

Also, I don't know what it is, but something about most of these "styles" makes me feel like the "artists" are the type of people to be inexplicably terrified of women.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Remember to introduce entropy into the system by snitching on wrong and random businesses, and also accusing the most progressive ones of "racism".
Kind pointless since this will happen by itself. Oh, there will always be busybodies that will pick on small businesses out of pure spite. But the majority of negative comments will be on places that try to attract the faggot crowd and will slightly hurt their feelings.

friends o' niall

hold it in, do a dance
kiwifarms.net
Ran across this earlier today as part of an UI design system documentation package. Yeah, the style's obnoxious and been run into the ground, and its aesthetic merits are in many cases debatable, but there's no Soros-funded globohomo conspiracy to somehow emasculate White western men and turn toddlers into troons via humans of flat.

(ETA: That's not to say this particular visual language is not being used to blatantly push an agenda. I'm just trying to say it's an aesthetic that emerged and caught on for mostly economical reasons, and it was current trends and the overall social climate which codified a meaning for it on the process)

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 00.43.09.png

There's no defending the Elephant Man limbs though. That shit's just repulsive.

Last edited:

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's an actually good article on the 'corporate memphis' style on wired here
https://archive.md/QnhXE
It gets into some really horrifying stuff.. like how this filth is infiltrating actual real world art, even dumb western folk art.

And it correctly identifies good reasons why this is 'popular' among the filth who spawn it. Like, if you can get these freak figures as existing SVGs, you can just manipulate the splines to be slightly different, maybe tweak the skin colors from nut-brown to purple, and who could tell that you didn't even create the original 'art'? Very helpful.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
iirc the monkey's been around for a while, not sure about the rest
Both nonsensical telescope science woman and possible insult to their own workforce have been around for years. Doesn't make them any less shit. The creator insider stuff is likely a lot newer.
1628659619600.png
The completely arbitrary faces slapped on are hilarious though.
1628659667500.png
Long lost siblings?