Apple's App Store art is fucking horrendous | Flat art / Alegria / Corporate Memphis - click for feet

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Parthenos

Why hast thou let me see this, Lucifer?
kiwifarms.net
I'm just trying to say it's an aesthetic that emerged and caught on for mostly economical reasons, and it was current trends and the overall social climate which codified a meaning for it on the process

Corporate trends/artstyles get so run into the ground that they certainly will be reviled in the future. Right now, what springs to mind most is both the history of the usage of Comic Sans but also '90s design

1628832042706.png

Like, this type of stuff was all over the place back then. Probably not coincidentally, it was also the style of Microsoft's Clip Art, which were ready-made assets that were economical for businesses to use.

And in the case of Comic Sans, that's an example of a "friendly"-looking typeface being used for so much shit that it's universally reviled nowadays despite being "happy"-looking.

Last edited:

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Corporate trends/artstyles get so run into the ground that they certainly will be reviled in the future. Right now, what springs to mind most is both the history of the usage of Comic Sans but also '90s design

View attachment 2440781

Like, this type of stuff was all over the place back then. Probably not coincidentally, it was also the style of Microsoft's Clip Art, which was ready-made assets to use.

And in the case of Comic Sans, that's an example of a "friendly"-looking typeface being used for so much shit that it's universally reviled nowadays despite being "happy"-looking.
I used to look at this shitty clip art when I was in elementary school during break. I thought it was fascinating for some reason. Now I realize I was seeing into the future.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
1630042795821.png

it's all so tiresome
I like the variety of expressions, blue ghost hat man is particularly chill. But what in the hell is happening with the pink Pac-Man on the left?
1630042885050.png

There's two hands on a white game controller but FOUR legs. And one is bending in a fucking crazy way. Why? What does this communicate about differences & diversity? How does it serve the symbolism?

1630043391178.png

There, unfucked.

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
I like the variety of expressions, blue ghost hat man is particularly chill. But what in the hell is happening with the pink Pac-Man on the left?
View attachment 2484273
There's two hands on a white game controller but FOUR legs. And one is bending in a fucking crazy way. Why? What does this communicate about differences & diversity? How does it serve the symbolism?

View attachment 2484279
There, unfucked.
He's adjusting his glasses with his leg, perspectives fucked but I instantly realized what was going on when I first saw the pic lmao.

Last edited:

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
kiwifarms.net
An important message in case you're thinking of offing yourself, Might not match the insidious subhuman artistry but the color palette is identical, and the corporate message is hilarious enough it needs to be seen regardless.
View attachment 2519984
challenge accepted: try every donut before doing an epic backflip off the empire state building