Apple's App Store art is fucking horrendous - click for feet

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you own an iOS thing and open up the App Store right now, you'll likely see some of the worst artwork you've ever seen. I first noticed it earlier this month when I opened up the app store to see this screen, which made me laugh because it's inherently ridiculous:

IMG_1440.jpg

masks.jpg

Deathfat? Check. Masks that by no means are medically sound? Check. Different but unrealistic skin tones? Check. Artwork that's leagues below CWC's own work? Check. Well, I hope things get better for Apple, I guess they're really cutting corners where they have to during these trying times. Just how much are they down to, anyway?

AppleNetWorth.GIF

appleStock1year.PNG

...oh.

Then, uh. What the fuck?

8-15_2.PNG

And they keep going.

HelloBook.PNG Oh hey, I know that mouth.

Spicy Keychain.jpg

And, as promised, feet for your enjoyment:

feet.PNG

So I tried searching around for the artist, and, to no surprise, they're uncredited, and trying to search for "app store artist" or "app store cartoonist", of course, just brings up apps, not the artist for the app store itself. So, to whomever did these, kudos to you. You managed to get the world's only multi-trillion dollar corporation to paste your insane scrawls on the front of their marketplace. That's just impressive.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Not the worst of this kind of thing I've seen. I've seen stores adopt god awful 3d playmobil looking art and plaster it everywhere. Companies love just grabbing the most generic art of all time and using it because they think it's as inoffensive as possible.

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
There used to be an entire twitter page for this called "humans of flat design" run by a guy called eli schiff.

I recall one specially aggregious piece of apple "art" showing a furry coding a website except all the normal html body stuff was in the head portion of the code lol.

Also, all these designers web or not design everything on a giant scale for no practical reason they all use ladders and scaffolding and shit instead of photoshop or blender or whetever why do they do this?

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's shitty, probably a tranny that did it.

Why didn't you just post this in the Apple thread?

The Apple thread's full of people (like me) sperging about their products, while this has more general appeal. I guess this thread could be shifted into a general thread about shitty corporate art.

Plus, it keeps going, and I don't wanna flood the Apple thread with more and more garbage App Store art.

Like this one:
appsfortheweekend.PNG

where I can't even tell what the guy behind the countertop is doing

(bonus: J.J. Abrams cited as producing Lost, not Star Wars, hahahahahahaha)

Μusk

kiwifarms.net
This art is created by bugmen (Soyboys) who are mentally damaged (literally), have limited experience and memories, and are afraid of trying anything bold and "potentially offensive".
These people honestly scare me. They are lifeless drones who follow the mainstream to a horrifying level. They are more finely engrained in capitalism and consumerism that even fucking business owners! I'd be fearful that all it would take is for some blue checkmark to snap their fingers and they'd convert into a mindless killing machine. They are the destroyers of the internet, and their relationship to companies like Apple is a enabler-creative one, where the existing Soys are further indoctrinated and new ones are created by exposure. A constant feedback loop.
1598004406682.jpg

Look at those lifeless eyes.
(Oh yea, and their "healthy" lifestyle? Appearance is deceiving. Their bodies are riddled with cumulative poisions and harmful chemicals from industrial equipment and ingredients, "plastic" lifestyles, and their own extremely high levels of hidden stress and anxiety that completely ceases the bodies function to maintain itself fully. PTFE. PFOA. BPA. Microplastics. POSSIBLY 5G from prolonged exposure + proximity. No exercise whatsoever.)

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
One of the major downsides of capitalism is that it has a tendency to fucking ruin the soul and spirit of anything it touches. You cannot package and sell great art, so it's worthless. But you can package shitty, disposable media that masks itself as art. Just churn that shit out and who gives a fuck if the west is watching its spirit be raped in front of its eyes. Better to push out 400 episodes of some shitty comedy that trying to find true art and help that grow.

No surprise that not much we produce will ever survive the test of time. In 1000 years shit the Greeks wrote will still be studied and venerated. Think fucking anything on television currently will still be talked about? Think Ann Coulter's latest heap of shit book will grace the same halls as the classics?

This art you hate is just the art we deserve. Disposable, pointless, emotionally vacant art for a people who sold their souls to the machine.

And the worst part about this is any attempt to fix these errors are met with "oh you fucking commie bastard!". One failed system against another. Notice that the west has the lowest level of religion and spirituality, we are in the grave.

Uncanny Valley

I'm not sick, but I'm not well
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This art is created by bugmen (Soyboys) who are mentally damaged (literally), have limited experience and memories, and are afraid of trying anything bold and "potentially offensive".
These people honestly scare me. They are lifeless drones who follow the mainstream to a horrifying level. They are more finely engrained in capitalism and consumerism that even fucking business owners! I'd be fearful that all it would take is for some blue checkmark to snap their fingers and they'd convert into a mindless killing machine. They are the destroyers of the internet, and their relationship to companies like Apple is a enabler-creative one, where the existing Soys are further indoctrinated and new ones are created by exposure. A constant feedback loop.
View attachment 1549651
Look at those lifeless eyes.
(Oh yea, and their "healthy" lifestyle? Appearance is deceiving. Their bodies are riddled with cumulative poisions and harmful chemicals from industrial equipment and ingredients, "plastic" lifestyles, and their own extremely high levels of hidden stress and anxiety that completely ceases the bodies function to maintain itself fully. PTFE. PFOA. BPA. Microplastics. POSSIBLY 5G from prolonged exposure + proximity. No exercise whatsoever.)

Do they literally have down's?

Megaroad 2012

DOWNWARD FUCKING DOG.
kiwifarms.net
One of the major downsides of capitalism is that it has a tendency to fucking ruin the soul and spirit of anything it touches. You cannot package and sell great art, so it's worthless. But you can package shitty, disposable media that masks itself as art. Just churn that shit out and who gives a fuck if the west is watching its spirit be raped in front of its eyes. Better to push out 400 episodes of some shitty comedy that trying to find true art and help that grow.

No surprise that not much we produce will ever survive the test of time. In 1000 years shit the Greeks wrote will still be studied and venerated. Think fucking anything on television currently will still be talked about? Think Ann Coulter's latest heap of shit book will grace the same halls as the classics?

This art you hate is just the art we deserve. Disposable, pointless, emotionally vacant art for a people who sold their souls to the machine.

And the worst part about this is any attempt to fix these errors are met with "oh you fucking commie bastard!". One failed system against another. Notice that the west has the lowest level of religion and spirituality, we are in the grave.

While I agree, I also have realized working in the art world that the average person doesn't care or can tell what sucks.

The past year I started intentionally doing a terrible job with some low level quick commissions that I figured I could fuck with without my rep being hurt and my clients still ate that shit up.