Archival Tools - If you make a thread without archiving shit I will strangle you.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Been spending a lot of time archiving instagram stories for a few threads and found these three websites to be very helpful:
Story Saver (Pulls up current stories and highlights)
InGramer (Can also be used to pull videos off regular instagram posts)
Picuki

There used to be one that could pull off private instagrams, but it is not working anymore. There also used to be a trick where you could save complete website on instagram stories to pull the vid/image files, but at moment this is only working sometimes for image files.

For youtube and Tikok:
4K Downloader (I use the pay version so do not know the limitations of the free one)

Last edited:

The Emperor Skeksis

Jim Henson's OC with three dicks
kiwifarms.net
Been spending a lot of time archiving instagram stories for a few threads and found these three websites to be very helpful:
Story Saver (Pulls up current stories)
Picuki

There used to be one that could pull off private instagrams, but it is not working anymore. There also used to be a trick where you could save complete website on instagram stories to pull the vid/image files, but at moment this is only working sometimes for image files.

For youtube and Tikok:
4K Downloader (I use the pay version so do not know the limitations of the free one)
I have the free version of 4k downloader and my limit is 30 downloads a day. Useful enough.

BlancoMailo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Story Saver (Pulls up current stories)
Picuki

For youtube and Tikok:
Why not use 4K for Instagram as well? I got it for $10 off during their Christmas sale, saves a lot of trouble with the auto saving feature. I personally just use yt-dl for youtube, though.

Fìddlesticks

May contain Mexican cheese flavouring
kiwifarms.net
Here's a method for archiving Reddit accounts. I know jack shit about coding but I can do it so you can too. I stole this off of Voat, everyone's favorite alt-right Reddit alternative.

Reddit data is available on BigQuery
https://bigquery.cloud.google.com/table/fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_11

Click on "Compose Query" and paste the following:
SELECT
id
,link_id
,parent_id
,subreddit
,author
,score
,STRFTIME_UTC_USEC(created_utc*1000000,"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S") AS CreatedOnUTC
,"http://www.reddit.com/comments/" + SUBSTR(link_id,4) + "/_/" + id AS URL
FROM
[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2007]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2008]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2009]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2010]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2011]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2012]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2013]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2014]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_01]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_02]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_03]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_04]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_05]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_06]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_07]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_08]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_09]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_10]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_11]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2015_12]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_01]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_02]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_03]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_04]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_05]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_06]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_07]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_08]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_09]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_10]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_11]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2016_12]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_01]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_02]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_03]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_04]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_05]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_06]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_07]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_08]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_09]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_10]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_11]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2017_12]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_01]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_02]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_03]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_04]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_05]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_06]
,[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.2018_07]
WHERE author = 'username' ORDER BY CreatedOnUTC
Important:
You will neeed to add more of those ",[fh-bigquery:reddit_comments.20xx_xx]" lines, depending on the date you do this. Check how far the archive goes, and add lines accordingly.
On the last line, change the 'username' to the username of the account you want to archive. The username is case-sensitive and do not delete the apostrophes.

When you're done, run the query and wait until the archival is complete. When it ends it'll present you different methods to download the account's history. Easiest method imo is to download the data as an Excel file.

Pros:
  • You don't have to archive a shit ton of pages on archive.md, this method archives thousands of comments at once.
  • Reddit hides posts that are older than 1 year or so on profile pages. This method bypasses that.
  • You can customize the query as you wish, given you know how to use this crap (I don't).
Cons:
  • Last 2-3 months of posts are missing. You still need to archive the last couple of pages of an account through archive.md. USE THE OLD. DOMAIN (old.reddit.com) or the account is archived with the redesign and it looks horrible, sometimes even completely broken.
  • You need to login to your Google account to use BigQuery (as it's a Google service), so you can not access this data anonymously. I don't believe other users can see your activity, but Google certainly can.

Does anyone have an update to this? I have tried but I get a syntax error as snipped below. I have 0 skills so all i have tried is just removing the , and the line itself but it says similar. error2.PNG

error.PNG

NarcissusRyuichi

kiwifarms.net
Is there a good service to dump a bunch of Patreon videos to? They're currently hosted on yandex.disk which works but it is pretty slow. I understand that Null is open to hosting large files but I don't know if it's worth bothering him if there's a good alternative.

totse

Not a spook, probably
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have an update to this? I have tried but I get a syntax error as snipped below. I have 0 skills so all i have tried is just removing the , and the line itself but it

In a "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ..." the part after "FROM" is the database tables to look in. Try replacing the [ ] with backticks ` ` like it says (leave the commas)

Fìddlesticks

May contain Mexican cheese flavouring
kiwifarms.net
In a "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ..." the part after "FROM" is the database tables to look in. Try replacing the [ ] with backticks ` ` like it says (leave the commas)
Thank you. That seems obvious now.

I have now changed this and now I have an error that says this, apologies for the hand holding, I understand nwo I need to change the : but what as, i tried a . but that didnt work so I am back to asking.

error 3.PNG
@SqXuSR - trying to use this method but as you can see, boomer issues ahoy

totse

Not a spook, probably
kiwifarms.net
Try replacing the colon, but escape the existing period as \. since it's probably interfering

If not then I'm not sure, I was trying to go see the syntax they're using now but the bigquery link redirects to a new version of the site and I can't find anything there

Last edited: